2021 Car Launches

(23-02-2021, 12:54 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Soz bud cant help, the robbing b*stards  Virgin will only let you buy all the sports channels not just F1, last year it was £30pm.   Dodgy

Cheers buddy, I had a look but for now Sky are wanting £18pm for F1 as a stand alone channel.........will wait a bit longer and see if they do the 10er offer closer to the time.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Red Bull not much different but it is a good looking livery.
I like that Honda is now more prominent and Austin Martin has moved over to another car (and I am curious about that green look it will have).
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(22-02-2021, 10:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

Question for the uk based guys..........anyone seen/read/heard if Sky will be running the £10 a month deal for the F1 channel??

So you are paying 120 pounds a year for just F1 and call it a "deal"? Sky is screwing you guys.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(23-02-2021, 08:55 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  So you are paying 120 pounds a year for just F1 and call it a "deal"? Sky is screwing you guys.

Yes and no Anti, last year Sky ran a £10 pm offer.....this year they want £18 pm making it £216 if you take it for a full year.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(23-02-2021, 09:18 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-02-2021, 08:55 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  So you are paying 120 pounds a year for just F1 and call it a "deal"? Sky is screwing you guys.

Yes and no Anti, last year Sky ran a £10 pm offer.....this year they want £18 pm making it £216 if you take it for a full year.

But F1 TV is a lot more than just F1 and only € 65,- a year. 
That is what I mean that they screw you guys, since Sky is also blocking that deal I believe for you guys in UK.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(23-02-2021, 11:13 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  But F1 TV is a lot more than just F1 and only € 65,- a year. 
That is what I mean that they screw you guys, since Sky is also blocking that deal I believe for you guys in UK.

.... unless things have changed Anti yeah it is not available to us here in the uk so we have 2 (legal) choices.....we can just watch the highlights free of charge on C4 or pay the robbing b@stards..... also known as Sky.

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

I am lucky enough to get ESPN (I think I am lucky but man they suck) and they have the Sky coverage. They cut away too quick for me to see most of the after race interviews but its easy enough to find them elsewhere.

I recall the days most sport was "Free to view" but I am also not naive we got very little content compared to what we do today. F1, Cricket. Soccer all were pretty well covered especially by the BBC. Nowadays these TV stations simply cannot afford to compete with the likes of Sky when it comes to bidding.  We are about to have the bids for American football come due here and the amount of money being asked for is bigger than most countries GDP!!!!

The only thing that will make it cheaper for the viewers is the ability to pick and choose individual channels to watch. Personally I do not watch any TV here in the USA other than sport so you can keep the rest but again its sport that costs the most to view so maybe that will not exactly be helpful.

The growth of illegal streams will continue and will continue to improve. Some even charging a fee of their own for you to watch which is usually quite reasonable. I see this trend growing even more and the harder the rights holders try to stop it the more ways around it will be found. Do I agree with it, No I do not but me being me I will still continue to watch these channels because I love my sport.

Lets be frank here there is way too much money in sport. The ridiculous salaries being paid and transfer fees for soccer players and even the amounts being paid to presenters is utterly ridiculous and its the man on the street paying for a very large part of it.

Looking forward to the first race.  Hope all you guys are doing okay wherever you are in the world.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I should add the launch is on youtube live in 2 minutes (if anyone is arsed / bored enough to watch such things).

Disappointed they haven't reverted to traditional livery myself.

[edit]
https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/20...mg-f1-w12/

Video quality is awful. Looks like it's been shot on a 1960's cine camera.

[edit 2]
Well, I watched that all as I didn't have anything better to do. No detail whatsoever about the important bits (rear floor) as the car on display showed nothing in that area. Terrible stream though, really poor quality.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(02-03-2021, 11:59 AM)morini Wrote:  Well, I watched that all as I didn't have anything better to do. No detail whatsoever about the important bits (rear floor) as the car on display showed nothing in that area. Terrible stream though, really poor quality.

Was watching JA, he said the car that turns up come testing will have different floor around the leading edges, slightly different suspension & rear end to what we see today.

Also read somewhere they have sorted the reliability issues though mgu-k design, have better thermal effeciency & completely new innovations added to the pu for the first time.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post