CONFIRMED!!! Alfa Romeo are back.

They already struck a deal for the 2018 engines when the Honda deal collapsed. Maybe that was Ferrari’s way of keeping them

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher

The professor, Sauber will have the 2018 Ferrari engines (re-badged as Alfa Romeo) and from the press releases maybe even Ferrari gearboxes and other parts. It also looks to be going further than just a lick of paint and a badge. Fiat are pumping money AND more importantly talent in. It seems that Sauber will not only be part of the Ferrari young driver program, but they’ll also get a fresh influx of seconded young Ferrari engineers straight from Maranello. It all sounds like Fiat dipping their toe into the water to see if it is worth buying Sauber.

I too would prefer an entirely new team, but I’ll settle for a more competitive current team at this point. Were I Liberty Media though I’d be very concerned. Why? It’d give Ferrari way more leverage. Two teams on the grid threatening to leave is a big problem. Couple that with Merc and Renault really not liking the proposals and threatening to take their toys away? You’d lose 4 teams right off of the bat, and probably more, plus Honda would walk too leaving the sport with no engine manufacturers and possible a new competing series.

But back to Alfa Romeo Sauber, it’s a good move for all involved, and I hope it works out and the tail end of the grid gets a little closer to the front end of the grid in 2018.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Andreas Seidl is to leave the McLaren F1 team to become CEO of the Sauber Group in January, the Swiss company has confirmed.

However, he will not have the team principal title, and will instead help Sauber to appoint someone to take up the role.

McLaren has named Andrea Stella as its new team principal to replace Seidl.

Fred Vasseur, whose departure to Ferrari was confirmed on Tuesday, held both the CEO and team principal jobs at the Hinwil outfit.

Seidl is an obvious choice to take over the organisation that has been bought by Audi ahead of the German manufacturer's F1 entry in 2026.

He worked as an engineer with the team when it was owned by Sauber, and later ran the LMP1 project of Audi's sister company and arch-rival Porsche.

As CEO he will oversee Sauber's technology business, as well as the F1 team's activities.

As such, in effect, the job represents a promotion rather than just a sideways move from McLaren.

Alfa Romeo and Williams are all now looking for team principals, with Jost Capito's departure from the last-named announced on Monday.

"It is great to join the Sauber Group from January," said Seidl. "This is a team with a rich history in F1 and an organisation I know really well from my time working and living in Hinwil for four years.

"I can't wait to join the team and work with all the colleagues at the Sauber Group on the ambitious goals we have set together. I want to thank Finn Rausing and everyone at the Sauber Group for their choice.

"I am looking forward to repaying their trust with my work."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I have to say I love the color scheme of the car. I hope they can be legitimate top 10 challengers in 2023

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(08-02-2023, 05:16 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I have to say I love the color scheme of the car. I hope they can be legitimate top 10 challengers in 2023

Yup, we said the same mate good looking car.    Cool

Gags was reading me an article that says they have copied designed the car with the best bits of the Red Bull & Ferrari cars, makes sense, hope its quick, I wonder If anyone will go with Mercedes zero pod? will Mercedes? 

I hope they can make it work as imo its a beautiful car, also be nice to have more teams fighting this year.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04urkmME1c (6m 58s)

The Red Bull/Ferrari influence on Alfa Romeo's 'brave' 2023 F1 car

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post