CONFIRMED!!! Alfa Romeo are back.

We'll let you off Forza, if a seasoned journalist #FakeNews) got it wrong too, then I guess you can be excused too. Having said that, Ericsson has had what? Four season in F1 now? Never out scored or qualified his team mate, how the hell is he still there?
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(29-11-2017, 04:50 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  We'll let you off Forza, if a seasoned journalist #FakeNews) got it wrong too, then I guess you can be excused too. Having said that, Ericsson has had what? Four season in F1 now? Never out scored or qualified his team mate, how the hell is he still there?

I have absolutely no idea, other than the big backing he brings with him personally I dont see him bringing anything else to the table....not at F1 level anyway, as we have said before there are so many up and coming drivers out there he should be moved on.

What did you make of Kubica`s run out over the 2 days?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Ahhhh... I feel mean saying this but... on his flying / low fuel laps he was off of Strolls pace. Then he managed to sneak a fast lap just quicker than Strolls FP2 pace. That ultimate speed didn't seem to be there for me. You can argue as a tyre test he didn't get to set the pressures etc. but everything else Williams could change having had a full race weekend there. Also conditions at the track were better. His long run stints were dire also when you look at them. Sure, it was his first time in the 2017 Williams, but he wasn't impressive in the 2017 Renault either. So he did almost two race distances, great, and good to see he was physically up to that, but if you'd stuck Giovinazzi, Di Resta or Wehrlein in that Williams they have done better. I'm now going to say I'm not really convinced he can do it. I think he will get the drive, I just hope he does himself justice because I'm not sure this was a great outing. Now doubt with more time in a 2017 car he'd get quicker... but so too would other drivers, and they'd be starting from a quicker baseline.

PS Sirotkin did better over the long stints too.

(29-11-2017, 06:18 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ahhhh... I feel mean saying this but... on his flying / low fuel laps he was off of Strolls pace. Then he managed to sneak a fast lap just quicker than Strolls FP2 pace. That ultimate speed didn't seem to be there for me. You can argue as a tyre test he didn't get to set the pressures etc. but everything else Williams could change having had a full race weekend there. Also conditions at the track were better. His long run stints were dire also when you look at them. Sure, it was his first time in the 2017 Williams, but he wasn't impressive in the 2017 Renault either. So he did almost two race distances, great, and good to see he was physically up to that, but if you'd stuck Giovinazzi, Di Resta or Wehrlein in that Williams they have done better. I'm now going to say I'm not really convinced he can do it. I think he will get the drive, I just hope he does himself justice because I'm not sure this was a great outing. Now doubt with more time in a 2017 car he'd get quicker... but so too would other drivers, and they'd be starting from a quicker baseline.

PS Sirotkin did better over the long stints too.

Yes none of his laps set the world alight but he was not made to look foolish by any means, however when you look at where Williams are do they really need a Giovinazzi or Wehrlein etc who while maybe do similar or slightly better times but perhaps cannot develop the car/ lead engineers? I still stand behind my thinking Kubica is the man for the job out of the current options. (out of curiosity where did you get the info about fuel loads regarding Kubica?)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(29-11-2017, 06:18 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ahhhh... I feel mean saying this but...

Not as mean as you can be about Romain though - haha - thought he did pretty well there last time out, but yeah Erricson has been nowhere in F1, time to go long overdue Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

Forza as part of the tyre stress tests he ran 6 qualifying simulation runs as Williams would normally run them. Methinks they don't do quali with full fuel tanks... although that might explain Strolls qualifying of late... oh my God what the hell is wrong with me? I'm in a bad mood today clearly!!!
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(29-11-2017, 07:30 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Forza as part of the tyre stress tests he ran 6 qualifying simulation runs as Williams would normally run them. Methinks they don't do quali with full fuel tanks... although that might explain Strolls qualifying of late... oh my God what the hell is wrong with me? I'm in a bad mood today clearly!!!

Fair enough, asking as Paddy had said they where running with a heavy fuel load in the morning (yesterday) although he wouldnt specify just how heavy when asked. Just wanted to know if there was somewhere I could get a bit more info for future ref.

(29-11-2017, 07:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(29-11-2017, 07:30 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Forza as part of the tyre stress tests he ran 6 qualifying simulation runs as Williams would normally run them. Methinks they don't do quali with full fuel tanks... although that might explain Strolls qualifying of late... oh my God what the hell is wrong with me? I'm in a bad mood today clearly!!!

Fair enough, asking as Paddy had said they where running with a heavy fuel load in the morning (yesterday) although he wouldnt specify just how heavy when asked. Just wanted to know if there was somewhere I could get a bit more info for future ref.

haha - I said at the start here, Morini should set up an "Ask Jody" section for this :Smile haha

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

They will get Ferrari engine of course, but do they get the same as the Ferrari team, or the one year old version?

Is this a "badge engineering" exercise, or will there be cross pollination of Ferrari / Sauber personnel? I would rather see a brand new team than a re-badged existing team.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post