Tracks? again

an old one I know, and I know we've hashed this out before, but given that god awful race, would like to put a different spin on it. rather than just saying which ones we like and which ones we don't would be interested to know how peeps would actually design the calendar itself.  Bearing mind, continents, flyways, fans, i.e full grandstands etc

should we even start in Oz? and if so, should it be Melbourne, don't they have another?  - all and any track suggestions, from 1st to last

will have to do some research myself for a proper calendar but would be interested to know others calendar's? Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

Good question. Need to give it some thought

Well, I thought about it and here is my list:

1. Italy, Imola (old circuit)
2. China, Shanghai
3. Bahrein, Sakhir
4. The Netherlands, Zandvoort (with a upgrade for the new car type of race)
5. Austria, Red Bull Ring
6. Germany, Nurburgring
7. GB, Silverstone
8. Canada, Villeneuve
9. USA, Laguna Seca
10. Australia, Albert Park
11. France, De la Sarthe
12. Hungaria, Hungaroring
13. Turkey, Istanbul Park
14. Singapure, Marina Bay
15. Malysia, Sepang
16. Belgium, Spa
17. Japan, Suzuka
18. Brazil, Interlagos (whenever there is the most change of rain during the year)
19. Spain, De Catalunya (again, with upgrade to modern F1 cars)
20. Belgium, Zolder (once more, with upgrade…)
21. Monaco, Monte Carlo (don’t like the track that much, but the history and atmosphere it’s good to have on and with the last race, the championship often is decided and it’s a good place to celebrate)
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(27-11-2017, 08:12 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Good question. Need to give it some thought

Well, I thought about it and here is my list:

1. Italy, Imola (old circuit)
2. China, Shanghai
3. Bahrein, Sakhir
4. The Netherlands, Zandvoort (with a upgrade for the new car type of race)
5. Austria, Red Bull Ring
6. Germany, Nurburgring
7. GB, Silverstone
8. Canada, Villeneuve
9. USA, Laguna Seca
10. Australia, Albert Park
11. France, De la Sarthe
12. Hungaria, Hungaroring
13. Turkey, Istanbul Park
14. Singapure, Marina Bay
15. Malysia, Sepang
16. Belgium, Spa
17. Japan, Suzuka
18. Brazil, Interlagos (whenever there is the most change of rain during the year)
19. Spain, De Catalunya (again, with upgrade to modern F1 cars)
20. Belgium, Zolder (once more, with upgrade…)
21. Monaco, Monte Carlo (don’t like the track that much, but the history and atmosphere it’s good to have on and with the last race, the championship often is decided and it’s a good place to celebrate)

holy shit, no pressure on the logistics guys then haha - italy - china - bahrain - zandvoort, haha - but cheers for playing, though I really like your idea of Monaco as a title decider, real pressure on quali then, but again could be a procession some years, but the excitement would be mighty Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

Great question.

I have been meaning to getting around to doing some analysis on the season ordering and had a little chuckle on Sunday when Crofty did it for me. In the course of a season he said they travel something like 50-odd thousand miles (I don’t remember exactly what he said), the equivalent of circumnavigating the globe, twice. Each time moving hundreds (thousands?) of tonnes of freight and personnel.

Curiously, earlier in the season, Ted eluded to a typical cost-per-kilo-per-mile the teams pay in freight. It would be reasonably straight forward to put a cost-benefit on re-arranging the season into a more sensible order, and then more could be spent of payments to the teams, circuit facilities, reduced ticket prices etc. It’s a gold-mine!!!

With that in mind, my season would start in Australia and end in Brazil, sweeping through East Asia, the Middle-east, Europe, North America and finally Brazil.

Round 1: Australia (Alternate Adelaide & Melbourne)
Round 2: Singapore
Round 3: Malaysia (bring it back!!!!)
Round 4: China
Round 5: Japan (Maybe alternate Fuji & Suzuka again)
<<Spring Break>>
Round 6: Emirates (Alternating Abu Dhabi & Bahrain)
Round 7: Azerbaijan
Round 8: Turkey
Round 9: Russia
Round 10: Hungary
Round 11: Austria
<<Mid-season break>>
Round 12: Germany (Alt. Hockenheim & Nurburgring)
Round 13: Great Britain
Round 14: France (Alt. Paul Ricard & Magny Cours)
Round 15: Italy (Alt. Imola & Monza)
Round 16: Spain
<< Autumn Break>>
Round 17: Canada
Round 18: USA
Round 19: Mexico
Round 20: Brazil

(That was all from memory, so I might have missed something or some of the European races could be in a more efficient order)

I have also previously done a little analysis into the idea of having mini-championships within the main championship which would lend itself to this calendar lay-out, such as the Australasia & Middle East, European & American mini-championships, although I can’t figure out whether it would be a good thing or not!

Edit to add: Missing Monaco wasn't a mistake.... Snoooooozefest

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

Good topic! Took some thinking though:

1. Australia, since March is usually a bad weather month in Europe.
2. Malaysia
3. Japan
4. China (I really like that track)
5. Turkey
6. Italy (Imola instead of Monza)
7. Spain
8. France
9. Belgium
10. Germany (Nurburgring)
11. UK
12. South Africa Kyalami
13. Brasil
14. Mexico
15. US Texas
16. Canada
17. US Laguna Seca
18. Bahrain
19.Monaco
20. Monza
[+] 1 user Likes ReneSpeksnijder's post

[quote="ReneSpeksnijder" pid='930' dateline='1511882522']
Took some thinking though:

Yeah had to do some research myself but I think yourself and Banana got my meaning on Logistics- have mine now, which I think is pretty close to your layout Smile

26th March -   Japan, fuji - no idea what the weather is like there

9th of April Australia - Melbourne - I know some don’t like it, but I think Oz deserves a GP and don’t think Adelaide is any better as it’s a street circuit, would like to say Bathurst, but not sure if it could accommodate F1

16th 0f April  Malaysia - kuala lumpar
30th of April  - Japan, Suzuka
14th May  China - Shanghai

28th of May turkey - Istanbul park
11th June Italy - Imola
25th June Monaco - Monaco

9th July - Germany - Nurburgring
16th July -  Poland  - Poznan circuit
30th July - Belguim - Spa
27th August - spain - Jerez - if it’s good enough for testing - surely it’s good enough for racing

3rd Sept - protugal - Estoril
17th Sept France - Paul Ricard circuit
1st Oct - UK - Silverstone (Edit) just realised as you pointed out weather as a consideration this could be bad
16th of Oct Canada - circuit Gilles Villenueve (was the eighth but changed for obvious logistical reasons)

23rd Oct - USA - Watkins Glen
30th Oct - Brazil - interlagos
12th Nov - Argentina - Buenos Aries
Last weekend in November - finishing in  south Africa Kayalami

Please fell free to correct any of my tracks if you feel they are no good, I went be country on some without really knowing the tracks too well - and I think we have all saved millions on travel for them - apart from Antilochos that is, haha - I think his approach was that Santa delivers everything haha Smile

also as Rene has pointed out weather needs considered, and for anyone with bigger brains - other sporting events such as superbowls - bikes should also be considered

[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Sorry for my logistics Fog. Didn't pay attention to them because I'm a lazy bastard. Thinking about the tracks I like was fun, everything else was to much effort... (anyway, I have no illusion, nor ambition, to be contacted by Liberty to help them with the calendar).
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(28-11-2017, 09:09 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  everything else was to much effort...

Likewise :-) I really do want to contribute to this thread, but it involves effort / thinking. On a workday thinking in the evening (in my own time) is virtually impossible - I can just about manage to dribble in to a cup of tea after a day in the office.

I couldn't do the thread justice in my zombie like state, so I will just spectate!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Ahh - don't put yourself down, bud - "great leader", haha - take a weekend or 2 and come back to it, I don't think mine are right by a long shot, but again I think we could all do better than the current Calendar Smile

you've got until March to come up with it Smile

[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

OMG I forgot Spa!! *hangs head in shame!*

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher