Alpine F1Team

(03-08-2022, 08:27 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  I actually think he missed an opportunity by not using "Chubby Brown".

Good shout!

I mean, they could be brothers. Separated at birth Wink

[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Otmar Szafnauer has criticised Oscar Piastri for a lack of loyalty following his public snub of an offer of a race seat at Alpine.

Not only did Szafnauer say they had a contract with Piastri but also that he expected more loyalty having been the team to introduce him to the sport. He even criticised Piastri’s “integrity as a human being.”

“I expected more loyalty from Piastri,” Szafnauer said.

“He should have it with that team that has taken care of him, that has taken him to the World Championship and, above all, that during the last year has put him in a Formula 1 car so that he would be ready, so that he would know the circuits.

“I expected more loyalty from Oscar than he is showing. I started in 1989 in Formula 1 and I’ve never seen anything like this. And it’s not about Formula 1, it’s about integrity as a human being.

“It could happen in ice hockey or soccer, it doesn’t matter. But you don’t do that. He signed a piece of paper, a document, saying he would do something different.

“For me, the way I grew up, I don’t need to sign a piece of paper and then have someone say, ‘You’re lying, because you signed this.’ For me, if you say, ‘Hey, help me, I’ll help you tomorrow,’ there’s no way I would go back on my word. No way.

“You did everything I asked you to do (from Alpine to Piastri) and now I promise you that if you do this, I will do this. I don’t need a piece of paper where it says, ‘With a clause, I can get out of here’.”

The Alpine boss also stated he does understand why a driver would reject Alpine and said that there would be no shortage of drivers wanting to race for them next season.

“I think it’s a question for Piastri, because I don’t understand it.

“In our future, in that hundred-race plan we are all working on, I think there is also room for Piastri. And we have supported him.

“There should be some loyalty to the fact that we have invested literally millions and millions of euros to prepare him. So I don’t understand it either, you should ask him.

“If Piastri is not in the car – which I think he is going to be – because Fernando is out, I have about 14 phone calls from drivers who are interested, because the Alpine seat is the most valuable seat left.”

Szafnauer issued a warning to any Piastri suitors that paying them compensation was “logical and fair.”

“We have to take into account that last year we put him in a single-seater and he did 3,500 kilometres,” Szafnauer added.

“We have done seven independent tests with him and this is not cheap at all. The cost of an engine alone is 1,750,000 euros. The mechanics, the team that managed those tests, the flights and travel…

“We have spent lots and lots of money on Piastri to prepare him for the future. And, if that future is not with us, it is logical and fair that we seek compensation.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Regardless of what has gone here its totally been totally classlessly handled by Piastri.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Alpine says a new floor upgrade it is bringing to Formula 1’s Singapore Grand Prix should deliver a ‘massive’ step forward in downforce.

"We've got a new floor coming for Singapore, which has got a massive step of downforce. We'll be back where we should be, and we're really looking forward to there and especially Suzuka with this car. It's going to be fun."

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Alpine confirms Gasly as Alonso’s F1 replacement for 2023.

The Alpine Formula 1 team has finally confirmed that Pierre Gasly is joining its lineup on a multi-year contract in 2023 to race alongside Esteban Ocon.

The pair will form the first fulltime all-French lineup at a Renault-owned team since Alain Prost and Rene Arnoux were partners at the original works outfit in 1982.

“I am delighted to join the Alpine family and begin this new chapter in my F1 career,” said Gasly. “Driving for a team that has French roots is something very special.

“I know the strengths of Alpine having raced against them over the past couple of years and, clearly, their progress and ambition is very impressive.”

Gasly and Ocon will be together for at least two years, since Ocon is contracted until 2024. Both men have already scored their first wins, with Gasly triumphing for AlphaTauri at Monza in 2020, and Ocon in Budapest the following year.

Can you believe this BS.

Filed after the time to appeal had expired.

No Black and Orange Flag as a warning.

If I recall Perez drove for some time in this race with a piece hanging off his car that eventually "Flew" off during the race... no consequences.

I swear they cannot help shooting themselves in the ass.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/63381586
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(25-10-2022, 04:47 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Can you believe this BS.

Filed after the time to appeal had expired.

No Black and Orange Flag as a warning.

If I recall Perez drove for some time in this race with a piece hanging off his car that eventually "Flew" off during the race... no consequences.

I swear they cannot help shooting themselves in the ass.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/63381586

The FIA are an embarrassment, they should take a look how Dorna run the bikes.

"Kevin Magnussen has called “bulls**t” after Haas’ protest against Red Bull over Sergio Perez’s broken front wing was dismissed."

Think K-Mag summed up the FIA decision making nicely...

As tension bubbles between Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon, both faced the Sao Paulo Grand Prix stewards after the sprint – and the Spaniard ended up being penalised.

The Alpine pair were certainly not on the best of terms after a sprint involving several incidents between the team-mates.

Having come very close to contact at Turn 3, Alonso found himself on the outside at Turn 4 as he rode the kerb, briefly losing control of his A522 but rescuing the slide just in time to avoid collecting Ocon.

Alonso, though, lost his front wing as he ran out of time to commit to the right of Ocon down the main straight.

“Just lost the front wing, thanks to our friend,” came the sarcastic radio message afterwards from Alonso.

The stewards took the Turn 4 moment no further, but both Ocon and Alonso were summoned regarding that collision on the straight.

It was the two-time former World Champion they deemed responsible, hitting him with a five-second time penalty and two points on his licence, taking him to six for the 12-month period.

The time penalty means Alonso drops from 15th on the grid for the grand prix to 18th – sharing the ninth row with his team-mate.

"Fernando Alonso bit his tongue as best he could when describing his feelings about his contact with Esteban Ocon during the Interlagos sprint, simply counting down the races until his time as team-mates with the Frenchman is done."

Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon were told by Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi that their Brazil antics were a sackable offence for anyone else.

Fernando Alonso, Esteban Ocon were told anyone else would be fired after sprint clash.

Ahead of the race Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer publicly slammed both drivers, but speaking on the F1 Nation podcast, he revealed that it was Alpine CEO Rossi leading the stern warning of Alonso and Ocon in the debief.

And, as part of the debrief, Szafnauer said Rossi told Alonso and Ocon that should anyone else in the Alpine team have behaved like this, they would have been let go for “gross misconduct”. Szafnauer agrees.

“I would have said the same, but it was Laurent Rossi who gave them the talking to in the briefing,” said Szafnauer.

“And he just made the good points that this is a team and we’ve got over 1000 people between Viry and Enstone working tirelessly to give them the equipment, the car, the upgrades that they all longed for. And then they have to play their part as team-mates too to bring the cars home and score good points, which is what he said.

“And he also told them that they’re privileged to be racing car drivers, and if they had any other job in the company, and they did something like that, they would be let go for gross misconduct. And it’s true.”

F1 drivers & ego's.........    Shutup

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(16-11-2022, 01:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon were told by Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi that their Brazil antics were a sackable offence for anyone else.

With only one race remaining for Fernando, im sure Laurent Rossi now knows how to say "go f*ck yourself" in Spanish  Laughing

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post