Alpine F1Team

I told you all yesterday!

Wink

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 4 users Like The Professor's post

Just seen this on twatter

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah Gags just showed me this bud.

Alpine has been hit with another twist in its driver situation for 2023 after Oscar Piastri denied he will drive for the team in F1 next year.

The reigning F2 champion has been the reserve driver at the Enstone and Viry-based outfit this season, watching regular drivers Esteban Ocon and Fernando Alonso from the sidelines.

But the Spaniard's shock move to Aston Martin set F1's silly season alight after the Hungarian Grand Prix, with Alpine team principal Otmar Szafnauer suggesting the first he had heard about the switch was in the press release.

With Alonso seemingly certain to stay at Alpine before Sebastian Vettel announced his retirement last week, rumours had circulated that Piastri was on the radar to replace Daniel Ricciardo at McLaren or Nicholas Latifi at Williams.

After hinting at a potential hurdle to Piastri's promotion on Wednesday [Aug 2] morning, given McLaren's interest, Alpine confirmed the Australian's move to partner Ocon from next season later in the day.

Intriguingly, however, there was no quote from Piastri in the press release from the French manufacturer and in a separate social media post, he has sensationally denied signing a contract to make the step into F1.

Piastri's statement read: "I understand that, without my agreement, Alpine F1 have put out a press release late this afternoon that I am driving for them next year.

"This is wrong and I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2023.

I will not be driving for Alpine next year."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(02-08-2022, 07:25 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Piastri's statement read: "I understand that, without my agreement, Alpine F1 have put out a press release late this afternoon that I am driving for them next year.

"This is wrong and I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2023.

I will not be driving for Alpine next year."

The assumption seems to be that Oscar will be replacing DR at McLaren. Whilst I could certainly see that happening, anybody else think it may not be that obvious? How about him replacing Tsunoda at Alpha Tauri? Helmut luring him in with the carrot of a Red Bull drive in 2024. I could see that happening.

I don't know which way it will go, but it certainly is a typically bizarre silly season so far.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Well clearly Piastri has an offer on the table from someone because any bridge he had to Alpine has not so much been cut off but blown up>

I am struggling to link him to McLaren, yes Danny Ricc could be out but I thought they were bringing one of three drivers from Indy Car to F1 ( Has anyone ever made that transition look good, I dont think so).

That said apart from Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren you would have thought Alpine was the next best shot. I mean Williams, that's hard to believe. I guess Alpha Tauri but has he got any links to the team I really dont know him very well.

Edit: Best comment from the BBC website on the subject - with apologies to Forza.

"I wonder if the Ferrari strategists are also working for the Alpine press release team"
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(03-08-2022, 12:45 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Indy Car to F1 ( Has anyone ever made that transition look good, I dont think so).

Jacques Villeneuve, Juan Pablo Montoya were great drivers who came via Indy Car.

(03-08-2022, 12:45 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I guess Alpha Tauri but has he got any links to the team I really dont know him very well.

He is managed by Mark Webber, so yes there is a believable link.

I'm not saying it's going to happen as I still think McLaren is most likely. I was just pointing out that it is quite possible Piastri has signed elsewhere.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Any one see this one from that bearded Rich Energy w@nker? Clearly doesn't like aussies or americans much Wink

Lol, "Porky Brown",  that really made my chuckle.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

(03-08-2022, 12:45 PM)black Wrote:  Any one see this one from that bearded Rich Energy w@nker? Clearly doesn't like aussies or americans much Wink

Lol, "Porky Brown",  that really made my chuckle.

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that he (the RE reject from ZZ-Top) has anything to say about integrity and contractual obligations?
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

(03-08-2022, 05:49 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Am I the only one who finds it amusing that he (the RE reject from ZZ-Top) has anything to say about integrity and contractual obligations?

No, I agree, it's a bit rich (lol Laughing)

Credit where credit's due, he's still introduced a worthwhile meme, "Porky Brown" is definitely going to stick! Sounds so much more British (insult wise) than "Fat Zak".
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(03-08-2022, 06:58 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-08-2022, 05:49 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Am I the only one who finds it amusing that he (the RE reject from ZZ-Top) has anything to say about integrity and contractual obligations?

No, I agree, it's a bit rich (lol Laughing)

Credit where credit's due, he's still introduced a worthwhile meme, "Porky Brown" is definitely going to stick! Sounds so much more British (insult wise) than "Fat Zak".

I actually think he missed an opportunity by not using "Chubby Brown".
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post