Fighting the good fight

(27-08-2020, 08:59 PM)morini Wrote:  This isn't even worth debating. Anybody who says online (or elsewhere) that Lewis Hamilton shouldn't race because of some event thousands of miles away and other black sports people have done similar is saying that because it fits their own agenda, nobody else's.

I have absolutely no doubt there is a lot of that going on Morini, but looking at this from a different standpoint, Lewis has brought political views into this sport and openly demands justice for those who have died in the USA, regularly posting justice for X,Y & Z…..all people killed in the USA, he began wearing the BLM tshirt in public following the rise in protests after the death of George Floyd who coincidentally also lived & died in the USA......can you see a pattern emerging yet?.....all these incidents he has spoken out against ALL happened in a country “thousands of miles away” as you put it.  Surely even you can see why some would think he would have stood strong for something he says he believes so strongly in.

I am not saying he is right or wrong in what could be seen as his “part time” stance but I personally would have thought a bigger message would have been portrayed to the world if he had of refused to drive this weekend…..this has absolutely sweet f.a with me not wanting him to break records as that is going to happen regardless, and fair play to him for it….its just an opposing view….just like I could argue those who want him to race this weekend while other sports persons take a stand could be said to “fit their own agenda and nobody else`s”  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(28-08-2020, 11:05 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  [color=#333333][size=small][font=Verdana]I have absolutely no doubt there is a lot of that going on Morini, but looking at this from a different standpoint, Lewis has brought political views into this sport and openly demands justice for those who have died in the USA, regularly posting justice for X,Y & Z

That was his only mistake here as far as I am concerned. I said from day one it would backfire on him and better to keep his protests away from his day job. Was I right? Simple yes or no answer will suffice.

Regarding not fitting with my agenda, that's bollocks I'm afraid. All I want to see is a fair fight for this years titles and (hopefully) a Brit driver taking all the supposed unbreakable records away from a non Brit. Lewis forfeiting a race isn't promoting a fair fight, it is gifting a huge advantage to his competitors (assuming they race and he doesn't). I appreciate your "opposing view", but I don't agree with it, even slightly.

If Lewis Hamilton did choose to boycott the race in support of a murdered black person then is it fair to assume all the other drivers should also boycott the race in support of him? Just like they do at the start of every race with the anti racism gestures.We all get deprived of a race of course but no dirver is penalised purely because of his beliefs. Or does something "fair" like that not fit with your agenda?

" Simple yes or no answer will suffice."....WTF?....are you on your period or something?...is this place not for us to debate with one another and give differing views?

Cant believe what you just wrote LOL, You are barking up the wrong tree here Morini.......Right from the off I agreed politics should never have entered the sport.
Getting back to it, I never once said I want him to step down from the race....not sure where you got that from in anything I wrote above........I dont have any agenda (and I didnt bring up anyones "agenda"....that was your term) I was being a smartarse in giving an opposing view and why some might see him as being a plastic protestor, thats all.....it really was that simple and innocent as that ....but as usual if anyone even hints at something remotely negative about Lewis or doesnt share your view you get all uptight and go all out, chill out buddy, he will walk this years WDC and equal Michaels record, there was no offence intended & all`s good.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(28-08-2020, 01:21 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  " Simple yes or no answer will suffice."....WTF?....are you on your period or something?...is this place not for us to debate with one another and give differing views?

Cant believe what you just wrote LOL, You are barking up the wrong tree here Morini.......Right from the off I agreed politics should never have entered the sport.
Getting back to it, I never once said I want him to step down from the race....not sure where you got that from in anything I wrote above........I dont have any agenda (and I didnt bring up anyones "agenda"....that was your term) I was being a smartarse in giving an opposing view and why some might see him as being a plastic protestor, thats all.....it really was that simple and innocent as that ....but as usual if anyone even hints at something remotely negative about Lewis or doesnt share your view you get all uptight and go all out, chill out buddy, he will walk this years WDC and equal Michaels record, there was no offence intended & all`s good.

The bit in bold I find especially irritating. I can 100% assure you that my views on this would be the same whichever driver was on the wrong end of this kind of bullshit.

Not so much on here but on the tabloid sites the amount of vitriol over this one is something extra special to behold (probably on social media too, but I avoid that). I like to think I have always had a strong sense of "fair play" and I don't like to see anyone taking this much flak simply because of a cause they believe in and what "other people" think they should (or should not) do in support of that cause. If you genuinely aren't in the "if Lewis is really believes in his cause he shouldn't race" camp then I sincerely apologise for what I said above. But, when you posted the initial link about this I asked the direct question "and how to you feel about it?". Your answer came across (to me) like you believe he shouldn't race because of his beliefs. If I'm wrong on that then I really do apologise for misinterpreting your words. If I'm right, or you are presenting someone else's contrary view, then I'm simply pointing out that I disagree with that view entirely.

Basically I started this whole thread because of something Mario Andretti said at the beginning of the season (and I happened to agree with). I still agree with it! We wouldn't even be having this debate at all if Lewis Hamilton kept his support for his beliefs outside of F1.

If I come across as "all out" (your words) in support of Hamilton over this then it's only because I feel strongly about the amount of shit I have seen written about it today. We're all allowed an opinion and I'm arguing the case for mine. Sorry if I've upset you, that honestly wasn't my intention.

The question I asked for a "yes" or "no" on, you took offence and didn't answer (I didn't mean to cause offence with that, by the way). But I really think that is black and white question "was I right?". Still interested in the answer.

You should know me well enough by now Morini, most of my posts are said/written with a XL helping of jest or wind up, It wasnt meant to irritate.....well maybe just a little Wink

...oh & that would be a big full fat YES to your question, you were right, like we all said originally there is no place for politics in sport.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Yep, it's all good. I do admit I was reading some comments of PF1 and that always has a detrimental effect on my will to live.

Anyway, everyone is racing this weekend and (currently) it looks like being close too.

So all is good with the world Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Fuck me yous 2 do some amount of grief giving and taking......

My take...

Lewis backed up the take a knee salute....

But as for the pull out of the event stuff...

Not a hope ..I have a championship to win and not racing here in Belgium will change a thing that is happening in America....

Maybe now he will realise sport and politics don't mix

And Gingers should never be subjected to direct sunlight......ok I made that last bit up myself 
.but it's true.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(28-08-2020, 08:09 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Fuck me yous 2 do some amount of grief giving and taking......

All part of the fun buddy......and Im far enough away that he cant lamp me one  Tongue

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-08-2020, 08:09 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Fuck me yous 2 do some amount of grief giving and taking......

But it's ok with Forza, he can take it Wink

Despite him batting for the wrong side I quite like the cantankerous old git Tongue

(28-08-2020, 08:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  All part of the fun buddy......and Im far enough away that he cant lamp me one  Tongue

It's ok, I've texted Mrs F and asked her not to renew your moto GP subscription. Pain by proxy!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-08-2020, 09:14 AM)morini Wrote:  It's ok, I've texted Mrs F and asked her not to renew your moto GP subscription. 

Ah.....it all make sense now, I wondered who was texting my wife at all hours of the day and night, when I asked her about it she said some guy was sending her dick pics

Needless to say I was disgusted
But, credit where credit is due
Probably the biggest cock I have ever seen  Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post