The f*ck you covid-19 thread

(29-09-2020, 06:30 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I like a good conspiracy every bit as much as the next nutter, but my question would be to those people ......to what end?..... why?....what is there to gain and what is the end goal?

I think a lot of this comes down to Gov`s not having a bloody clue how best to handle the current situation and coming across as bumbling idiots......& not just the f*ckwits in our gov but the majority worldwide.

My thoughts exactly why? and WHY? “lol
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

I have absolutely zero love for politicians, but on this occasion I believe the lying, cheating, self-promoting scumbags are just simply out of their depth and regurgitating whatever the latest think tank or advisor puts in front of them.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-09-2020, 06:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I have absolutely zero love for politicians, but on this occasion I believe the lying, cheating, self-promoting scumbags are just simply out of their depth and regurgitating whatever the latest think tank or advisor puts in front of them.

Yeah they haven’t got a clue mate and medical science is always contested by medical professionals so take from that what you will

(29-09-2020, 06:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I have absolutely zero love for politicians, but on this occasion I believe the lying, cheating, self-promoting scumbags are just simply out of their depth and regurgitating whatever the latest think tank or advisor puts in front of them.

Not getting the full context of this as I'm not seeing all posts. But I do have to agree about the decision makers being out of their depth WRT the covid situation. However, even though it has directly affected our own plans I am behind the decision made (local to us anyway) to put more restrictions in place. It is a pain in the arse but if they choose to do nothing the NHS won't cope.

I said before that society will not tolerate another full lockdown and I am still of that opinion. However, if infection rates are increasing in certain areas (like the one I live in) then the decision makers have to restrict people's behaviour until the rates start coming down again. Until there is a vaccine I think this will be a fact of life for the foreseeable future with smaller areas having restrictions tightened / relaxed regularly.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I too am totally behind local lockdowns (and truth be told I didnt mind the full lockdown other than not being able to visit my dad....im an unsociable bugger at the best of times ) as imo there are just no other viable options, I cant comment on other peoples areas but from what I can see here, there is as many not wearing masks nor distancing as there is abiding by the rules.......I dont get their mentality, just do what you are advised/told and give the vulnerable half a fecking chance.

*The original question/debate was on the conspiracy theories of Covid and how some claim its all a big hoax.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(29-09-2020, 07:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I cant comment on other peoples areas but from what I can see here, there is as many not wearing masks nor distancing as there is abiding by the rules.......I dont get their mentality, just do what you are advised/told and give the vulnerable half a fecking chance.

Amen to that!

(29-09-2020, 07:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  *The original question/debate was on the conspiracy theories of Covid and how some claim its all a big hoax.

Ah, right. Well a worldwide hoax would be something pretty difficult to pull off and sacrificing a million lives to make it look real seems somewhat far fetched to me. Plus I think most people know someone badly affected by this virus and know full well it is real and kills vulnerable people.

A lot of people are of the opinion that because the mortality rate is so low (and it is, there is no disputing that) we should all return to our normal lives. That isn't really fair to the groups who are at high risk. We all need to do our bit until there is a vaccine. It is never going away, pretty sure about that.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Real or hoax I know I wont be taking a chance with my loved ones lives.

That said when you turn on the news and see all the anti lockdown idiots protesting in London over the weekend you can see why we are in this position again, complete f*cknuggets!

(29-09-2020, 07:55 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Real or hoax I know I wont be taking a chance with my loved ones lives.

That said when you turn on the news and see all the anti lockdown idiots protesting in London over the weekend you can see why we are in this position again, complete f*cknuggets!
We are close here in Waterford too lock down again....it's the students really...they don't care....they are young no underlying illness and don't give a fuck.....I told a small group in the hospital to wear their masks to be safe and was told to  fuck off......My reply got me into trouble but I meant it......arsholes will kill the old and feeble.

(29-09-2020, 07:55 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Real or hoax I know I wont be taking a chance with my loved ones lives.

We are close here in Waterford too lock down again....it's the students really...they don't care....they are young no underlying illness and don't give a fuck.....I told a small group in the hospital to wear their masks to be safe and was told to  fuck off......My reply got me into trouble but I meant it......arsholes will kill the old and feeble.
[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(29-09-2020, 08:03 PM)pennywise Wrote:  We are close here in Waterford too lock down again....it's the students really...they don't care....

Young people in general really, not just students. They want to enjoy life and don't give a toss about any groups who are more exposed to problems from this virus. I'd like to think I've brought my two up to be a bit more considerate.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I don't even understand the idea of a hoax. I mean, the bloody sick and dead are real.
And being a scam or something, I find just as hard to believe. Like if the whole world is in it, including the crazy world leaders (without saying names, but there are a lot of them lately...). I just don't see it happen that all of them are in on it together.

Nope, it is a real thing and it sucks.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post