Thread Closed

Slow news month

(30-06-2020, 03:59 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ... a bit of a minefield this one

You're telling me!

(30-06-2020, 03:59 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ....personally, would I bend a knee.....f*ck no!... not for anyone or anything.....last time I went down on a knee was to offer Mrs F the gift of a lifetime by marrying me  Tongue

You are such a gentleman, I didn't even do that Wink Offered my gift fully standing up in a French bar then (after she said yes) made her go to the bar and get the beers in Laughing
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I am with Morini on this one. We all know it is a worthy case.

Besides, I think we are not realistic with this issue. Two points I mention and then I shut up about it on this forum:
1. People should not act like nothing has change. There is a huge positive change over the years. Facts will tell you that. Just like people think that crime and stuff always gets worse. Wrong, we only think that because the news (and humans as evolution has made sure of that for survival) has a focus for danger and threats.
2. Change might not be fast enough, but again we are humans and we are living in a society that took thousands of years to grow. To really believe that we can turn a switch and that society changes just like that, is pretty naive.

Now, lets talk F1; season 2020 is finally kicking off this weekend. I still not sure if I can believe it! So excited to start watching again, feels almost nostalgic.
So, who do you guys thinks can have a benefit of this weird year? Or will nothing change in the pecking order? Is Mercedes still almighty? Will we get a good fight between Hamilton-Verstappen-Leclerc/Vettel? How will the midfield teams do this year?
Lovely weekend ahead if you ask me, don't even care about drivers taking a bloody knee.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(30-06-2020, 05:39 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Now, lets talk F1; season 2020 is finally kicking off this weekend. I still not sure if I can believe it! So excited to start watching again, feels almost nostalgic.
So, who do you guys thinks can have a benefit of this weird year? Or will nothing change in the pecking order? Is Mercedes still almighty? Will we get a good fight between Hamilton-Verstappen-Leclerc/Vettel? How will the midfield teams do this year?
Lovely weekend ahead if you ask me, don't even care about drivers taking a bloody knee.

Yes indeed!!

Who'd have thought we would have to wait so long. I think we are going to see a strong challenge from Bottas this season. If he can come out all guns blazing then with a shorter season I reckon he will have a chance. Reliability (and not crashing) will be key this year. I think it will be between Lewis, Valtteri and Max this year. Unless winter testing was complete smoke and mirrors I am expecting Ferrari to be a little bit behind.

Also, I think on Friday I will close this thread in celebration of the season finally starting Wink

(30-06-2020, 05:53 PM)morini Wrote:  
(30-06-2020, 05:39 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Now, lets talk F1; season 2020 is finally kicking off this weekend. I still not sure if I can believe it! So excited to start watching again, feels almost nostalgic.

Yes indeed!!

Who'd have thought we would have to wait so long. I think we are going to see a strong challenge from Bottas this season. If he can come out all guns blazing then with a shorter season I reckon he will have a chance. Reliability (and not crashing) will be key this year. I think it will be between Lewis, Valtteri and Max this year. Unless winter testing was complete smoke and mirrors I am expecting Ferrari to be a little bit behind.

Also, I think on Friday I will close this thread in celebration of the season finally starting Wink

Bottas, really? I don't give him much of a change. He is fast, but not a racer like a clinical Hamilton or a brash Verstappen. Although you are certainly right about being a shorter season that gives him a bit more of a change. Also reliability will be a major factor because of that.

No, my bet is on Hamilton again (or more the combination of Hamilton and Mercedes). Verstappen will always be there and so will the two Ferrari guys (I wonder about Vettel; will he be relax and therefor like the old days, or in a state that he does not care anymore?).
Although Mercedes is such a strong team ánd they can fight more like a team when it comes to it. Hamilton and Bottas will always be at the front, Verstappen will be there but his teammate will be nr. 6 I'm afraid, Ferrari is always fighting themselves and this year even more with Vettel who would not give a shit.

Can't wait. And yes, this tread needs to close Friday! Lets leave that behind us (hoping it will not return with autumn.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Quote Anti

"Lets leave that behind us (hoping it will not return with autumn)"

^^^ Amen.     Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Ferrari
Ferrari to carry message of support for Alex Zanardi in Austria
[Image: c0707bedf36b5cba91c4123569f5dd301711b947.jpg]

Ferrari
will race with a 'message of support' for former Formula 1 driver Alex Zanardi in Austria, the Italian in a serious condition following a handcycling accident in mid-June.

The hashtag #ForzaAlex began trending on social media quickly after news broke on June 19 that former CART champion and Williams F1 driver had been involved in a serious accident in Italy.
The 53-year-old, who lost both his legs following a CART accident in 2001, had been competing in a national Paralympic handbike ‘Obiettivo tricolore’ relay race, when he collided with a 'heavy vehicle'.
Ferrari says it will display the hashtag on both cars, o'on either side of the roll hoop, just under the camera on the engine air intake'.
As of the most recent update on his condition, Zanardi's condition was described as stable but serious.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Hope you don't mind Papa but I edited your post above because (as you cut/pasted it from another website) it included all the markup tags. The hardcoded text colours were so dark it was unreadable against any dark theme background.

I removed all the "[color][/color]" tags so asto make it readable by everyone.

Better to paste in plain text (rather than markup) so this site can take care of text colours.

(01-07-2020, 01:27 PM)morini Wrote:  Hope you don't mind Papa but I edited your post above because (as you cut/pasted it from another website) it included all the markup tags. The hardcoded text colours were so dark it was unreadable against any dark theme background.

I removed all the "" tags so asto make it readable by everyone.

Better to paste in plain text (rather than markup) so this site can take care of text colours.

"I wondered how I could copy & paste a picture"    Blushing

No worries mate, cheers for pointing it out.     Cool

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Somebody pass the mind bleach!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style...96941.html

Gross

(02-07-2020, 01:13 PM)morini Wrote:  Somebody pass the mind bleach!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style...96941.html

Gross

The gardener/chauffeur/pool boy   

Bernie must be a very happy man...….    Tongue

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post
Thread Closed