2019 Mexico GP

The bromance continues...

https://www.facebook.com/568665409957112...430018334/
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(28-10-2019, 12:13 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The bromance continues...

https://www.facebook.com/568665409957112...430018334/

They have a lot more respect for each other than their repective fan bases do Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Indeed Morini, and it's sad, I'm not really a "fan" of either. I respect both of them, I think Hamilton is the better of the two, but Seb is no slouch. I just enjoy watching both of them when they're on it.

It had all the hallmarks of Abu Dahbi 2010, where leaders pitted too soon, and covered each other off while those just behind stuck with the tyres at the start and took them long, whilst there was little delta between new and old.

Called it lap 50, positions were not going to change.

Liberty get their dream next weekend.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Well, I just don't understand Mexico. Every race, year in, year out, I keep expecting a boring race but every year again I find myself enjoying the racing on sunday. It works.

Again great racing from Hamilton, although he was very lucky to get away with the contact in turn one with Verstappen. Again great work from the team Mercedes and Ferrari doing things I will never understand.
Vettel was on fire whole weekend (would love to know if he could take pole if not for the Bottas crash and yes, that means beating Verstappen's second time). Great drive. He could've won if his team was better on strategy. His teammate on the other hand was a bit sloppy this weekend.
Verstappen could have won yesterday. But he made a unnessecery mistake with the yellow flags on saterday and on sunday he still could've won if he just payed a bit more attention, although he had a bunch of bad luck (Hamilton got pushed back by Vettel at start and then Hamilton would not allow Verstappen to pass him as well - hard but fair racing by the way).
Ricciardo did a great job. Just to bad he is driving a Renault. Would loved him in a Red Bull yesterday. Imagine him in stead of Albon (although Albon did well).
And Perez, on his home circuit. Good to see.
Somthing I missed; what happened to Saintz? He was up there in the beginning but after pit stops he suddenly was fighting every car of the midfield. I feel like I missed something.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(28-10-2019, 07:45 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Well, I just don't understand Mexico. Every race, year in, year out, I keep expecting a boring race but every year again I find myself enjoying the racing on sunday. It works.

Again great racing from Hamilton, although he was very lucky to get away with the contact in turn one with Verstappen. Again great work from the team Mercedes and Ferrari doing things I will never understand.
Vettel was on fire whole weekend (would love to know if he could take pole if not for the Bottas crash and yes, that means beating Verstappen's  second time). Great drive. He could've won if his team was better on strategy. His teammate on the other hand was a bit sloppy this weekend.
Verstappen could have won yesterday. But he made a unnessecery mistake with the yellow flags on saterday and on sunday he still could've won if he just payed a bit more attention, although he had a bunch of bad luck (Hamilton got pushed back by Vettel at start and then Hamilton would not allow Verstappen to pass him as well - hard but fair racing by the way).
Ricciardo did a great job. Just to bad he is driving a Renault. Would loved him in a Red Bull yesterday. Imagine him in stead of Albon (although Albon did well).
And Perez, on his home circuit. Good to see.
Somthing I missed; what happened to Saintz? He was up there in the beginning but after pit stops he suddenly was fighting every car of the midfield. I feel like I missed something.
  I think Saintz struggled on the hards and went back in for another stop which put him back quite a bit if i remember correctly.
[+] 4 users Like PaddyB's post

(28-10-2019, 07:13 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Liberty get their dream next weekend.

I don't really get why LH sealing WDC title at Austin is such a big deal for LM? Like I said before, he wouldn't be the first time he's won a WDC there.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Rock, Flag and Eagle, buddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIhUg-VDA60
xD

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(28-10-2019, 08:02 PM)morini Wrote:  
(28-10-2019, 07:13 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Liberty get their dream next weekend.

I don't really get why LH sealing WDC title at Austin is such a big deal for LM? Like I said before, he wouldn't be the first time he's won a WDC there.

Probably because they can make a great show in the US. They like that stuff over there I think.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

What Anti said, LM are desperate to get the USA, and in particular big US Corporate sponsors interested in F1. It was their number 1 priority when they bought the sport. They also said they wanted 3 to 4 GPs in the USA. So having the sports only superstar seal a 6th title on US soil allows them to make a song and dance about it in what is their priority market area. I get it from their standpoint.