2019 Mexico GP

Not sure Max chose his words afterwards as carefully as he might have. If the stewards were in any doubt, his comments wouldn't have pushed them towards leniency.

Still a shame though.

The impact of Bottas into that particular design of barrier was a bit worrying though, the wall before must have slowed him quite a bit before the hit, if someone went straight in there it would be a bit of a nightmare.
[+] 4 users Like PaddyB's post

Do we yet know if Bottas is taking a grid drop for gearbox / chassis yet? Heard a rumour the Merc boys nearly broke curfew.

(27-10-2019, 01:08 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Do we yet know if Bottas is taking a grid drop for gearbox / chassis yet? Heard a rumour the Merc boys nearly broke curfew.

Valtteri Bottas given all-clear, Mercedes assess 'extensive' car damage in Mexican GP crash

Bottas "all okay" after trip to medical centre following heavy Q3 crash in Mexico; Mercedes hopeful of avoiding grid penalty

Hi Jody, only thing I can find (so far) is this on SS F1

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Yeah, I know Bottas is fine, but it's his gearbox and monocoque / chassis we're all interested in. My gut instinct seeing the initial hit was that his gearbox would be screwed at least. We might have a Liberty Media / FIA conspiracy on our hands if the car is declared OK to race. Because by rights that'd normally be a pitlane start, and with Lewis having a good chance to pick up a podium maybe first or second, it (the WDC) could be decided here, and not at the next race in the USA as Liberty Media had planned. We'll see.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Smelling something a bit "wiffy" rumours Bottas' car is fine. The floor was trashed, barge boards, engine cover, nose, front and rear wings, all suspension fucked, but miraculously his engine, gearbox and monocoque survived intact. How lucky!!!!

Only just see this, been out washing / polishing / sealing my daughters car. I had to do something to take my mind off the rugby. I'm inconsolable and it still hurts!

On the subject of Bottas car, I read earlier Mercedes were 90% confident they could avoid penalties. Good job by all concerned if they manage it.

Agreed Morini, especially the FIA for looking the other way while they work installed a new monocoque and gearbox. Seriously, that crash structure was cracked. The pics on Autosport clearly showed it, and his gearbox was poking out the right side of the car , I'm honestly calling shenanigans on that one.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Anyone in chat today?

(27-10-2019, 08:00 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Anyone in chat today?

Sorry, was engrossed watching. Am in there now. Bloody good split strategy race to watch this one.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Very enjoyable watch that. Not for mega overtaking, but the different strategies meant you couldn't call it all the way through!

Basically, theres only one race team here and they don't have the fastest car. Class perfomance form AMG Merc and Lewis today.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post