2019 Mexico GP

He did Morini, he crossed the line and was under a tenth off of Max, but it doesn't count. He lifted though, just seen the onboard. Lewis lifted.

Max didn't lift... that's a grid drop. 5 place drop. Whoops.

Vettel lifted... ooooh... That could be annoying for Max, but he'll take a penalty.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Both McLaren boys on TV now. They are the driver lineup of the season for me. 9 all in quali and I've always been a Carlos champion, think the guy is one of the best out there myself - on a par with Vertappen IMO. Lando is potentially a class act of the future too.

The future is bright!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

That's a chassis change for Bottas. That's starting from the pits. Goes from bad to worse for him. The monocoque is cracked from the image I just saw, can't see them repairing that and passing FIA checks. No way. Their mechanics are good, but not that good.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(26-10-2019, 08:31 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  That's a chassis change for Bottas. That's starting from the pits. Goes from bad to worse for him. The monocoque is cracked from the image I just saw, can't see them repairing that and passing FIA checks. No way. Their mechanics are good, but not that good.

Can't remember the permutations, but it might be a big ask for Valterri to stay in the fight if he's starting from the pits. That will piss the CoTA management off I think!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(26-10-2019, 08:17 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Max didn't lift... that's a grid drop. 5 place drop. Whoops.

That would be harsh and unfair. He got the job done on the first lap, infingement was on second run. Deserved pole and should start from pole IMO.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Benson (like anyone listens to that cockwomble) reckons Max didn't lift in S3. Hamilton improved lap but (apparently) did lift in S3. I don't see ant reports of steward investigations on the web tho. I hope Max does keep his pole.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50196156
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(26-10-2019, 08:42 PM)morini Wrote:  
(26-10-2019, 08:17 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Max didn't lift... that's a grid drop. 5 place drop. Whoops.

That would be harsh and unfair. He got the job done on the first lap, infingement was on second run. Deserved pole and should start from pole IMO.

Of course it'd be harsh, but failing to slow under waved yellows has resulted in a 5 place grid penalty beforehand, so I think they'll need to be consistent here. You can't have drivers ignoring yellows when they feel like it. There was a car in the wall and potentially marshals on the track. So if he didn't lift, which he didn't, his foot was planted, he wasn't prepared to stop or take avoiding action if necessary.

He's been summoned to the stewards. It's a slam dunk. The rules are clear, he didn't lift, Vettel and Hamilton did, and to be honest, the team should've told Max to lift, Lewis didn't set a fastest third sector, but sectors 1 and 2 were fantastic. only slighty off Ferrari in S1 for Lewis, but much quicker in S2, and purple, but yellow in S3, plus he clearly lifted, even though there weren't yellows for him as he was right behind Bottas. It might be harsh, and I'd agree, but the rules are there for the safety of there fellow drivers and marshals.

Mexican GP provisional grid: Revised top 10

1. Charles Leclerc, Ferrari
2. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari
3. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
4. Max Verstappen, Red Bull
5. Alex Albon, Red Bull
6. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes
7. Carlos Sainz, McLaren
8. Lando Norris, McLaren
9. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso
10. Pierre Gasly, Toro Rosso

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(27-10-2019, 01:40 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Mexican GP provisional grid: Revised top 10

1. Charles Leclerc, Ferrari
2. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari
3. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
4. Max Verstappen, Red Bull
5. Alex Albon, Red Bull
6. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes
7. Carlos Sainz, McLaren
8. Lando Norris, McLaren
9. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso
10. Pierre Gasly, Toro Rosso

Shame for Max, but he should have lifted. Bet he regrets that now.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

It is a shame for Max. His banker lap was superb. Sadly he hasn't learned fully yet that the rules apply to him too. Both he and Leclerc have a lot of maturing to do. However, a red mist Max behind the top 3 should make for an interesting turn 1.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post