What next for Sebastian Vettel?

Red Bull’s motorsport advisor, Dr Helmut Marko, believes Sebastian Vettel should leave Ferrari as he is no longer himself. (Planet F1)

Vettel’s woes continued at the British Grand Prix after another mistake led to a crash with Max Verstappen. He would go on to finish a lap down in P16 and is now 100 points behind World Championship leader Lewis Hamilton.
Marko feels Vettel’s mistakes are coming from him being in the wrong environment at Ferrari and thinks he should change team.

“You make mistakes when you are no longer sure of yourself,” Marko said via Auto Bild.
“It happens in the subconscious.

“Sebastian would have to be in a different environment. In order words, change the team. But I see no way for 2020.”
Red Bull’s team manager, Jonathan Wheatley, has also weighed in by suggesting that Vettel does not receive the unconditional support he requires to succeed.

“Sebastian is a very intelligent, sensitive and warm-hearted man,” Wheatley said about Vettel’s character.
“You can tell by how loving he is to his wife and his children. Or the fantastic speech he delivered in honour of Charlie Whiting at Silverstone.

“He’s not such a tough guy like Michael Schumacher or Fernando Alonso, who were always able to perform. Sebastian is a driver who has to feel unconditional support.

“He had that with Red Bull. And he probably doesn’t have it at Ferrari.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

'Overrated' Vettel should play support role to Leclerc, says ex-Ferrari chief
Sebastian Vettel is "overrated" and should "help and support" Charles Leclerc into the lead driver role at Ferrari, ex-academy boss Luca Baldisserri claims

The pressure is back on the 32-year-old after another critical mistake at the British Grand Prix, which saw him collide with Max Verstappen moments after being overtaken by the Dutchman.

And as he prepares to return to Hockenheim, where he infamously crashed out while leading last year, questions over his status within the Ferrari team are being asked.

"I am critical of Vettel. I think he is an overrated driver and not the successor to Michael Schumacher," Baldisserri was quoted by GPFans.

"This is still the driver that won four world championships, but he makes too many mistakes and has to find himself in some way.

"When Leclerc becomes a more mature and experienced rider, he will need a teammate who can help and support," he noted.

"I believe that Vettel has the necessary experience to become an excellent partner for Leclerc."

The Monegasque has outperformed Vettel at the past three races and is currently on a four-race podium-scoring streak, thanks mostly to Vettel's collision at Silverstone.

And fellow four-time F1 champion Alain Prost has suggested earlier speculation about Sebastian's future in F1 could be playing a role.

"There is the pressure of whether he will stop or not [at the end of the season], rumours left and right [about his future in F1]," he told Canal Plus.

"Very sincerely, it must be a very complicated time to live for him."

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Whilst browsing through Youtube tonight I came across this, I am sure some of you guys may not have seen it but the bet Bernie Ecclestone had with Sebastian Vettel was hysterical!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzjwXx5KHeY

PS Dont be misled by the title the first minute may be about Hamilton the rest not so much!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Whats next for Seb?....no idea....but ive found Crofty`s replacements

https://twitter.com/i/status/1193170095339532289

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Vettel and Ferrari to part ways after 2020 – reports.

According to strong reports in Germany, Sebastian Vettel will not be renewing his Ferrari contract and confirmation could arrive later on Tuesday.

Auto Motor und Sport and Bild Sport have both reported that contract talks between Vettel and Ferrari have broken down after months of discussions and 2020 will be the four-time World Champion’s last year with the Scuderia.

Vettel’s future has been one of the biggest talking points during the continued off-season with Sky Sports Italy initially reporting that Ferrari were only prepared to offer a one-year extension to him – and that came with a drastic pay cut from the current estimated salary of £30million-a-year.

An online press conference with the media kept the rumour mill churning after Vettel made a comment about him being used to signing three-year contracts at a time, leading to reports that he had flat out rejected the offer.

Sky Sports F1 in the UK then suggested that talks were still at a preliminary stage with no specific details such as salary and contract length being discussed yet.

However, in the early hours of Tuesday morning, two of Germany’s leading publications both published reports saying Vettel has not been able to come to an agreement on a deal to remain at Ferrari.

Vettel who first joined Ferrari ahead of the 2015 season, is believed to have offers on the table from both Renault and McLaren, while Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo, Fernando Alonso and Antonio Giovinazzi have all been linked with becoming Charles Leclerc’s team-mate from 2021.

2019 was Vettel’s toughest season yet with Ferrari after recording just a solitary win in Singapore. It was also a campaign littered with errors and he soon lost his number one status with the team as Leclerc showed he was no number two driver.

The duo were involved in a series of flashpoints through the 2019 season, culminating in a collision with each other at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Fantasy pic, Daniel or Carlos?

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Ricciardo please, if not Hamilton.

I bet Forza cannot sleep tonight for the joy of knowing just one more year of Vettel. I actually feel sorry for him I truly do. Who knows what went wrong for him maybe he just lost it. Renault , Haas or retirement from F1 to go for a new challenge!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I assume it is actually true and not fake news? Benson article was on my phone news feed when I got up this morning so I assume it is factual.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52612216

Does not surprise me, even though his record is fantastic during the RBR domination years he is missing too many key ingredients to be one of the best. Nice bloke and wish him well at McLaren if he goes there.

As to his replacement, if not Hamilton there is only one name (for me) in the current field and that is Carlos Sainz. I have always had a "feeling" he is much, much better than people give him credit for and potentially quite special. Time will tell I guess? Daniel Ricciardo, as much as I like the guy not sure he's WDC material in all truth. Obviously there is a lot of hype but much of that is his own making.

How about something left field and Verstappen going to Ferrari and pairing up with CLC. That would be fireworks but not good for a Ferrari WCC/WDC tilt in my opinion. Don't think Ferrari can really control two alpha drivers. In fact I would not be surprised to see Ferrari put someone good but less experienced in Vettels seat so CLC can have all the focus.

Should be interesting seeing how this goes.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Although Seb said he was talking with another team several weeks ago, I think he will walk away, fatherhood has deeply changed the guy. As for an ideal replacement?....Max....realistically more likely to be Carlos imo.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-05-2020, 09:22 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Although Seb said he was talking with another team several weeks ago, I think he will walk away, fatherhood has deeply changed the guy. As for an ideal replacement?....Max....realistically more likely to be Carlos imo.

How about Mick Schumacher? Wouldn't be the first time someone walked straight into a race winning team from a lower formulae Wink

In all seriousness, knowing the way Ferrari tend to operate, I am expecting them to promote Giovinazzi as no 2 to Charlie. I don't like saying it as I don't believe in favoritism or no1 / no2 drivers, but in reality it could be a good approach to end the red title drought.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-05-2020, 09:30 AM)morini Wrote:  How about Mick Schumacher? Wouldn't be the first time someone walked straight into a race winning team from a lower formulae Wink

In all seriousness, knowing the way Ferrari tend to operate, I am expecting them to promote Giovinazzi as no 2 to Charlie. I don't like saying it as I don't believe in favoritism or no1 / no2 drivers, but in reality it could be a good approach to end the red title drought.

For me while Gio is a good sim driver & a cheap option he just isnt good enough for the race seat imo, Lewis hasnt many years left in the sport and being out of contract could we see him put his money where his mouth is and take the leap?

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post