Wolff sees "25% chance" of Hamilton leaving Mercedes. (Autosport)

Toto Wolff is “75%” sure Lewis Hamilton will stay at Mercedes beyond 2020 but is wary of underestimating Ferrari's ability to tempt the Formula 1 world champion away.

Hamilton is out of contract after next season, like several top F1 drivers, but is widely expected to re-sign with Mercedes, the team he was won five of his six titles with.

During the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend Hamilton was linked with a potential Ferrari move, amid compliments from the Italian team’s boss Mattia Binotto and a report Hamilton had met Ferrari chairman John Elkann twice this year.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(03-12-2019, 11:43 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I concur, a poll would be an excellent opportunity to spark meaningful debate during F1's off season.

Done.

Was even thinking of opening up to guests, but theres too much potentail for abuse Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Team bosses reveal their top 10 drivers of 2019.

Formula 1 bosses have revealed their top 10 drivers of the 2019 season with Lewis Hamilton top for the fifth season in a row.

We have put together our own top 10 for the 2019 campaign, where Hamilton also came out on top, but the likes of Sergio Perez didn’t make the team principals’ shortlist. They did, however, find room to fit in Sebastian Vettel.

Vettel, though, only just secured P5 with Alex Albon and Carlos Sainz close to dislodging the Ferrari driver.

Cyril Abiteboul, Christian Horner, Andreas Seidl, Guenther Steiner, Otmar Szafanauer, Franz Tost, Fred Vasseur, Claire Williams and Toto Wolff all took part with their individual scores remaining anonymous.

Ferrari’s Mattia Binotto did not take part.

The Formula 1 team principals’ top 10 is as follows:

1 Lewis Hamilton 169
2 Max Verstappen 146
3 Charles Leclerc 124
4 Valtteri Bottas 68
5 Sebastian Vettel 58
6 Alexander Albon 57
7 Carlos Sainz 55
8 Daniel Ricciardo 49
9 George Russell 41
10 Lando Norris 38

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Lewis titles ranked. Do we agree, disagree?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...YiObK.html

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(19-12-2019, 10:52 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Lewis titles ranked. Do we agree, disagree?

Because I'm old and have the memory of a sieve I can't remember the details of all of those titles. However, one of his WDC stands out for me, but only because I was there in person to see him clinch that one. So my vote goes to 2015 where he won it with a race victory at (the very wet) Austin race weekend.

I see 2015 came last in the reader votes on f1.com, so par for the course for me Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I vote 2016...oh no, wait a minute Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-12-2019, 10:52 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Lewis titles ranked. Do we agree, disagree?

I voted 2008 in the poll, mostly because it was obviously important as it was his break through first win, if I'm honest though my favourite from an enjoyment view is 2018.

Though as he's a Brit I'm happy with them all.  Big Grin

Also like Forza I'm hoping for more....     Shutup Laughing

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

‘Hamilton-Mercedes negotiations have hit a snag’

Lewis Hamilton’s contract negotiations with Mercedes have reportedly hit a stumbling block, and it is all thanks to Max Verstappen.

Earlier this month Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Hamilton had agreed a new two-year deal with Mercedes.

The contract only needed to be signed.

That report came two weeks after Verstappen signed a new long-term deal that will keep him at Red Bull until the end of 2023.

However, it is now being claimed that Hamilton is no longer signing that first contract, instead he is holding out for more.

According to F1’s rumour mill, Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff was lining up Verstappen as Hamilton’s replacement should the Brit opt to swap Mercedes silver for Ferrari red.

But with Verstappen deciding to stick with Red Bull, Wolff is out of options for a star driver.

That has put the power back in Hamilton’s pocket.

Spanish daily Marca says according to Corriere dello Sport Hamilton not only wants more money from Mercedes, he also wants four years and not two.

The publication claims the six-time World Champion is asking for a salary of ’55 million Euros’, which is up on the 42 million Euros he currently receives.

Mercedes reportedly also have post-racing demands as they want Hamilton to be ‘the ambassador of Mercedes’.

He also wants four years as this deal is likely to be the 35-year-old’s last in Formula 1.

^^^ Think we have to feel for Forza people, I can only imagine how depressed & disappointed he is feeling now..... Tongue Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Cheers for the concern Paps..... I`ll get over the "disappointment" Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

I see the bellend has been out & about in L.A doing his bit for Global warming.....driving his fuel guzzling McLaren F1....Greta Whatsherface wont be happy Wink
#doasIsaynotasIdo