Fantasy/Dream Team 2019 Discussion

(13-05-2019, 12:16 PM)DRicc Wrote:  swapping out Daniel (reluctantly, but he was having too many DNF's), for Norris, who promptly didn't finish. Can't change anything now really - not enough cash. Story of my life Smile

Hi D, it seems every time I change mine I mess it up, or as Forza says *Jinx* them lol.  Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-05-2019, 12:33 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(13-05-2019, 12:16 PM)DRicc Wrote:  swapping out Daniel (reluctantly, but he was having too many DNF's), for Norris, who promptly didn't finish. Can't change anything now really - not enough cash. Story of my life Smile

Hi D, it seems every time I change mine I mess it up, or as Forza says *Jinx* them lol.  Laughing

Yep, feel sorry for the drivers I pick - they probably aren't going to finish the race  Confused

We're hoping to go to Thruxton on Sunday, as long as it doesn't rain. Not many places to shelter there, lol.
[+] 2 users Like DRicc's post

(13-05-2019, 08:04 AM)morini Wrote:  Great score from Neil who wins Spain weekend. Nice one.

Hesh takes overall top spot though, which is hardly surprising because he has two mercedes cars and Bottas in his team. Good job Hamilton won ahead of Bottas really as I could not afford two Mercedes at the start of the season. Why is it that a winning captain scores less points (160) than a winning team (180)?

No way am I going to change my approach of picking my team and sticking with it, but it's a real bummer that two mercedes were not feasible as an initial purchase at start of season. I def would have gone 2 x merc plus hamilton if it was affordable.

I feel your pain Morini, Ham with both Merc's was a no go at the start of the season, too expensive to fill the rest of your team. Optimal was BOT and 2x Mercs.

Even with 2x Merc's, Neil and PapaOG outscored me. It can very much down to your midfield selections. That, I can never get right.

As for cars scoring more: In the thread last year, maybe this year also, I did an example of how cars can be the bigger scorers. The Merc has the point accumulation of both BOT & HAM. Cars do get less points than drivers, but it soon adds up, when both drivers do well, plus the 20ps for fastest lap, that HAM got in Spain.
180 is the max that the cars can get with a team 1-2'in. Only way more can be had, is if one of the drivers starts at the back and finishes in the top 2 or 3.

While I may have taken the lead, there are now only 8 points between us buddy : D

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(13-05-2019, 07:33 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Even with 2x Merc's, Neil and PapaOG outscored me. It can very much down to your midfield selections. That, I can never get right.

Yep, I'm going to slide down the table now though as I won't buy and sell out of principle Wink

Kimi did me no favours this week, though it's about time Carlos put some skin in the game so I was pleased he managed to get points. Gutted for Lando though. Conflicted R us.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Don't worry guys, I will beat all of you towards the bottom. I did it last year and I will do it this year.

Trust me, it is what I am good at.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Gonna loose the lead after this round. Went with gut, instead of sense, BOT in 3rd is going to hurt : (

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Lol, I binned Ferrari & CLC for Bottas and RBR.....the rest of my team waaaay down the board Sad

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-05-2019, 06:50 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Gonna loose the lead after this round. Went with gut, instead of sense, BOT in 3rd is going to hurt : (

You are still in the lead as you ouscored me by some margin. CLC, Kimi and Alfa really hurt my score this weekend. But at least carlos scored some points.

Anyway, Paps was top of the pile at Monaco. Well done fella!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(13-05-2019, 08:04 AM)morini Wrote:  Great score from Neil who wins Spain weekend. Nice one.

Hesh takes overall top spot though, which is hardly surprising because he has two mercedes cars and Bottas in his team. Good job Hamilton won ahead of Bottas really as I could not afford two Mercedes at the start of the season. Why is it that a winning captain scores less points (160) than a winning team (180)?

No way am I going to change my approach of picking my team and sticking with it, but it's a real bummer that two mercedes were not feasible as an initial purchase at start of season. I def would have gone 2 x merc plus hamilton if it was affordable.

(27-05-2019, 10:16 AM)morini Wrote:  
(26-05-2019, 06:50 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Gonna loose the lead after this round. Went with gut, instead of sense, BOT in 3rd is going to hurt : (

You are still in the lead as you ouscored me by some margin. CLC, Kimi and Alfa really hurt my score this weekend. But at least carlos scored some points.

Anyway, Paps was top of the pile at Monaco. Well done fella!
Well done to all, especially Papa Smile
Finally off the bottom (just). Got no idea how tho ......
[+] 3 users Like DRicc's post

Well done PapaOG, bringing the top 4 ever closer!

I'm shocked at my score tbh, for the first time, and I think they saved my bacon: My midfield selection all scored well except GIO, who had a big fat 0!

What I'm more surprised at is that BOT still made money, and went up the same price as HAM, which is very lucky...

If MERC brake the $40m barrier, it will be for sure the highest price I have known in this league, in the 9-10 years playing. Outlining their sheer dominance so far this season.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post