Fantasy/Dream Team 2019 Discussion

^^^ Congrats buddy! Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Dude...nice. If those Renault had finished wouldve been even further ahead.

I think someone's going to get sucked into this........ : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

It won't last. Pretty sure of that!

Now wishing I'd gone with my heart and picked Lando. Opted for Carlos as I thought his experience would win through over the course of a season. Now I'm not so sure I made the right decision there.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Prices change after this round, so if your playing the money game, pay attention to "points for $" and those scoring highly consistently, or above what their initial pricing predicted.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Make a space for me somewhere near the bottom....Im heading that way...picked this guy as my captain (pic taken pre moustache)  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

How is it that some of you have 2 * Mercedes in your team? (e.g. Hesh) I couldn't afford to do that so had to chose shit teams to pad things out and use the cash available.

I don't get how you can afford to have Mercedes or Ferrari twice?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(15-04-2019, 08:50 AM)morini Wrote:  How is it that some of you have 2 * Mercedes in your team? (e.g. Hesh) I couldn't afford to do that so had to chose shit teams to pad things out and use the cash available.

Me either morini. I have gone for some of the more expensive teams/drivers, but like you I've had to pick some that I'm not expecting to do particularly well, but are all I can afford. Having them finish would be a help tho Smile

Can anyone explain please: what do the 'plus and minus' amounts mean after the main amount on the drivers/teams list? And is it going to help me pick who I want to pick but can't afford?

(14-04-2019, 02:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Make a space for me somewhere near the bottom....Im heading that way...picked this guy as my captain (pic taken pre moustache)  Wink

I'm thinking the donkey would be a better choice Smile

You can come and join me at the bottom forza, as that's where I'll be finishing too. Altho thanks to Daniel finally finishing a race, I'm not actually propping up the entire league atm. Will be more DNF's ahead I fear tho Sad
[+] 3 users Like DRicc's post

(15-04-2019, 10:06 AM)DRicc Wrote:  Can anyone explain please: what do the 'plus and minus' amounts mean after the main amount on the drivers/teams list? And is it going to help me pick who I want to pick but can't afford?

The +/- figures relate to your team/driver value now compared to initial cost...if they do well their value goes up, if not value goes down.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-04-2019, 08:50 AM)morini Wrote:  How is it that some of you have 2 * Mercedes in your team? (e.g. Hesh) I couldn't afford to do that so had to chose shit teams to pad things out and use the cash available.

hehe, look at my other selections, bottom of the barrel, and it meant you increased your lead. Its the price you pay, Bottas was more likely to jump in price also, so super expensive Lewis was swapped for him. Merc's were going to go up in price, so they could not be out of my team. I only had one Merc to begin with and Lewis, so as usual I've burned through all 6 of the trades so far to get the second one in.  Would have different if Haas were doing better....

But, I wouldn't fear Morini, your team is top 100 overall, very good. Your other selections have contributed much better. Your getting deeper into the fantasy hole buddy ; )

(15-04-2019, 11:13 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(15-04-2019, 10:06 AM)DRicc Wrote:  Can anyone explain please: what do the 'plus and minus' amounts mean after the main amount on the drivers/teams list? And is it going to help me pick who I want to pick but can't afford?

The +/- figures relate to your team/driver value now compared to initial cost...if they do well their value goes up, if not value goes down.

Spot on! I play the money game, trying to have as much + Green in my team after a round, its why I use all my trade so early. Now the sites three round avg and most recent score algorithms come into play which is how the price change is calculated.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(15-04-2019, 08:16 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  hehe, look at my other selections, bottom of the barrel, and it meant you increased your lead. Its the price you pay, Bottas was more likely to jump in price also, so super expensive Lewis was swapped for him. Merc's were going to go up in price, so they could not be out of my team. I only had one Merc to begin with and Lewis, so as usual I've burned through all 6 of the trades so far to get the second one in.  Would have different if Haas were doing better....

Spot on! I play the money game, trying to have as much + Green in my team after a round, its why I use all my trade so early. Now the sites three round avg and most recent score algorithms come into play which is how the price change is calculated.

You might as well be typing in Swahili!

Far too complicated. I'll stick to my way of playing ta very much Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morini's post