Fantasy/Dream Team 2019 Discussion

(30-07-2019, 03:04 PM)NeilP Wrote:  EDIT:  So now we know who was to blame for the dismal performance of Mercedes it was Karma getting back at Hesh!

And Hesh still outscored me this round!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

So Hesh won this weeks round with 746. Well done and all that .....

But, I'm really struggling with the way this software is calculating scores. Can anyone explain to me how TF Max Verstappen (who finished second) scores 142 points when Lewis Hamilton (who finished first) scored 138? That in itself is an 8 point swing and plain stupid in my eyes. I assume you selected MV as team captain this round Hesh, but Ham is also my team captain and I don't ever make changes to my team. MV got beaten, shouldn't have the highest score. Don't tell me it's fastest lap, because a second place and FL should not be worth more than a race win.

Disillusioned r us.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Lewis wins & his value loses $800K? someone's been eating flapjacks lol. Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(05-08-2019, 04:07 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Lewis wins & his value loses $800K? someone's been eating flapjacks lol.  Tongue

The scoring is all to cock. Almost like they employed Fog to do the maths!!  Bigeyes

- $400k for sh*t dress sense & - another $400k for that barnett....makes sense to me Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(05-08-2019, 04:11 PM)morini Wrote:  
(05-08-2019, 04:07 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Lewis wins & his value loses $800K? someone's been eating flapjacks lol.  Tongue

The scoring is all to cock. Almost like they employed Fog to do the maths!!  Bigeyes

Where is Fog actually, I haven't seen him on here for ages.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-08-2019, 04:39 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Where is Fog actually, I haven't seen him on here for ages.

Last time he logged on was middle of July. Maybe he forgot to wear a balaclava on his last bank job?

Wink

hehe, quit your illin' about scores and prices. Lewis has an almighty average score, and with it he comes at the highest price. One bad round, which Germany was, would have a massive negative effect because his score, and his 3 & 5 round average score plummets compared to his rolling average. Which is what its all calculated on.

I said Merc peaked when they nearly hit $40m because their score was on par with their average, so the thing of diminishing returns.

As for Max and Lewis' score this week. Points are for qually and race, fastest lap and position gained.
Max = Q 50 + race 72 + 20 FL
Lewis = Q 30 + race 100 + 8 position gained (+2 3rd to 1st)

So there is a big gap between 1st and 2nd. 20p for FL is a big haul, and can swing in favour of 2nd place in the race.

Anyway, I needed that round. I had a bad run, cursing the capt selections of the last few rounds as it is the sole reason I dropped outside the top 100. Now top 60. Can't balls up again if I want to get closer to the overall top.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(05-08-2019, 08:14 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  As for Max and Lewis' score this week. Points are for qually and race, fastest lap and position gained.
Max = Q 50 + race 72 + 20 FL
Lewis = Q 30 + race 100 + 8 position gained (+2 3rd to 1st)

So there is a big gap between 1st and 2nd. 20p for FL is a big haul, and can swing in favour of 2nd place in the race.

Well, I don't give a tumbling toss about prices as I never buy or sell any drivers or cars, so that bit has no relevance for me. My team is my team from start to finish. What this eye opener tells me is the fantasy in FL is the key word here!! In real life F1 (as opposed to fantasy F1) pole counts for sweet FA and fastest lap gains 1 solitary point. In real life it is impossible for 2nd place to outscore 1st place, which is the way it should be.

I never claimed to understand this FL stuff and only do it to see how well my initial pick can do throughout the season. Kind of see how well I can do with the compromised picks you are forced to go for with the limited cash available. I now conclude the scoring system is very, very flawed so I'll not bother picking a side next season. I was actually expecting to do okish this week as my captain won and my other three drivers all finished in the points, but no, it appears picking the winner doesn't cut it. Also see that RBR team score did better in fantasy world than Mercedes despite Mercedes scoring 29 points to RBR's 27 in reality. Complete madness, game is a waste of cpu cycles.

Are all FL games this much bollox or just this one?

Still disillusioned Tongue

(05-08-2019, 04:39 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
(05-08-2019, 04:11 PM)morini Wrote:  

Where is Fog actually, I haven't seen him on here for ages.

I have send him a private message. Hope he response.

Weird, I'm third in the rankings. This can't last long.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post