The Benevolent Dictatorship of (Insert Name Here)

So given that we all know better than Liberty / Bernie / the teams or anyone else actually involved in F1 - what rules / regs would you set?

Engines, Aero, etc, etc

I'd have - refuelling back, and two tyre Manufacturers, I quite enjoyed the tyre wars  Idea

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

+1 for the tyre wars!!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

Minimum 2 stops with tyres that can be pushed every lap, Active suspension

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(20-11-2017, 08:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Minimum 2 stops with tyres that can be pushed every lap, Active suspension

How would you go about enforcing minimum stops - I thought refuelling would address this?

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

@fog Pit lane opens between laps x and y for first stop then x and y for second. Easily enforced....Drivers failing to stop at required times will be forced to read every ridiculous post on Sky F1 form.....guaranteed to work Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

1. Kill the Halo-rule before it's even starts.
2. Make it easier for manufactures to enter F1 and no "three-engine-rule".
3. Two tires is always a bit of extra fun.
4. Kill the Halo once more.
5. Don't punish the driver with grid penalty for car reliabilities. Punish the constructor with points for constructor championship.
6. Bring back some gravel traps.
7. Get rid of that ugly shark fin.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(20-11-2017, 08:52 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  1. Kill the Halo-rule before it's even starts.
5. Don't punish the driver with grid penalty for car reliabilities. Punish the constructor with points for constructor championship.

I like the Idea of punishing the team and not the driver for the engine or gearbox folding....much better than the current format...agree on gravel traps as well.....too many mistakes go unpunished nowadays......I like the concept of... if you go wide then your engine shuts down into crawl mode for the same number of seconds you have left the track...it would make drivers a bit more cautious at certain corners.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

(20-11-2017, 08:52 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  1. Kill the Halo-rule before it's even starts.

haha - good man

1) kill the halo
2) kill the halo
3) kill the halo

you get where I'm going, haha - anything on aero or engines?

[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(20-11-2017, 09:08 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  

haha - good man

1) kill the halo
2) kill the halo
3) kill the halo

you get where I'm going, haha - anything on aero or engines?
Yes, get rid of that shark fin. Although it makes the car faster, it just looks terrible. Sometimes esthetics over aerodynamics.
And give more space to other manufactores to enter F1. I don't know enough about engines to say something about it technical, but please let others enter and even more over; think of something that makes the gap between Mercedes and the rest of the field smaller.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(20-11-2017, 08:08 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  So given that we all know better than Liberty / Bernie / the teams or anyone else actually involved in F1 - what rules / regs would you set?

Engines, Aero, etc, etc

I'd have - refuelling back, and two tyre Manufacturers, I quite enjoyed the tyre wars  Idea

Fun question.
I don't know about refuelling, i love the 2s pitstops i think they are amazing. Do you mean qualifying with race fuel too?

Tyres? the trouble for me is we don't know anything about them, i mean even less that we know about the aero or chassis. So aren't different ones basically noise, like a factor but a bit random?

If i ruled F1 then i think I'd be trying to make it more organic, without the zillion artificial limits. I'd get rid of at least 2/3 of the tech regs and try and find some basic limits they could design to. I wouldn't worry about cost. maybe crash tests could be a good one, like go as fast as you like but the driver mustn't see more than 60g at whatever, half top speed into a particular deep tecpro barrier. Bit radical perhaps. Needs refining obviously.

I'd make sure teams had to tell us a LOT more about what they were doing.
[+] 1 user Likes Chloe17b's post