2019 cars revealed

(07-02-2019, 10:57 PM)JDF_AW Wrote:  
(07-02-2019, 08:46 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Livery looks good, really good. Like the detail that the gold is not that shiny on the car, but does on the mirrors.
Nice looking race suits as well.

Still a surprise to me, the Rich Energy thing. More even that I never heard of that company before. Maybe big over seas?

Many people where pretty surprised by that new sponsor and many had (or still have) doubts if it's for real. Latest I read today, is the 1st payment was made. So I assume it is for real.

It seems to be estated in Austria and was launched in 2015. That makes it indeed quite odd the brand seems to be so unknown in Europe. Now we just have to wait and see if all payments will be made during this season and in time....

Now I'm even more surprised. Just the first payment has been made?
Hope this goes well for Haas. I like that team.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Rich Energy is legit, it's actually just one of a group of brands / products owned by a group that make protein products for body builders amongst other things. They also seem to have cash when Autosport did a little digging. Turns out the whey protein business (amongst other things) is big business.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

2012(ish) era Renault anyone? Could be wrong on the year as my memory isn't all that, but you get the gist.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Mercedes firing up:

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mercede...es-f1-car/

A tad later than normal for Mercedes, normally one of the first.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

If I recall, there were horror stories that the latest Merc engine was having difficulties before Christmas. Was it just me or was that very under whelming? Think I prefer when it sounds like a wreck a'la Ferrari, as it plants seeds of doubt, maybe impending doom, lol. Merc's sounded far too clean, too class of the field, yet again....

Honda's start up will spice things up a bit : D

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(08-02-2019, 09:28 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Honda's start up will spice things up a bit : D

Hi Hesh, not heard the Honda engine with my own ears since 2015, to me all the others sounded very much alike/similar, the Honda however sounded like a "bag of spanners" 

Maybe that's what you meant?   Winkblink

Hehe  Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

In the flesh there are clear differences between the Ferrari and Merc engines. The Honda engine didn't sound as rough as it has in the past last year. The Renault engine sounded like an asthmatic bumble bee with chronic wind last year to me.

PS yeah, the Merc sound far too clean, and far too good. There were rumours last year they had issues with heat dissipation from the batteries. No such rumours this year, especially as there are hints they've got an entirely new electricity / battery concept this year, which is no surprise now Sassi has his feet under the table. There is a rumour though that they'll be topping out above 1000 bhp without party mode, which would be insane, and as such which I'll believe when the see it.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(08-02-2019, 11:16 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:   The Renault engine sounded like an asthmatic bumble bee with chronic wind last year to me.

Cant say I have ever heard an asthmatic bumble bee with chronic wind Jody....will just have to take your word for it  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

You don't need to Forza, just listen to last year's Renault engine, that's what they sound like...

Wink
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

C'mon Honda old buddy, don't let me down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfkDH4amASQ

STR14 start up.

Well, that gave me a sense of unpredictability, much more like it : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post