Pre-season testing 2019

Weather looks dry for the week (according to met office site anyway). Temperatures aren't particuarly representitive though, 14 - 16 centigrade.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...saEm2.html

Is there a limit on the number of tyres used?
There isn’t a limit for testing, but teams have 110 sets of tyres to see them through a whole season, including the winter tests, so they can’t go totally crazy.

What the hell. 110 sets for the whole season? Teams were rocking up with 13 sets for each driver over the past years. As that is the max number teams are allowed for dry weather tyres.
"No driver may use more than thirteen sets of dry-weather tyres, four sets of intermediate tyres and three sets of wet-weather tyres during an Event"
I've had a look through the regulations arent cant find anything regarding season tyre supply number.

Now, without even taking into account winter testing, its 5 sets for a race weekend...
If this is true, then I fear an unannounced weekend format is set for this season, but surely it's too late to do that. Has to be a misprint.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(17-02-2019, 03:12 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:   I fear an unannounced weekend format is set for this season.

I bloody well hope not!   Angry 

Cracks me up, they want us to pay a monthly subscription, then give us less? Rrrrrr   Cry

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(17-02-2019, 03:12 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  What the hell. 110 sets for the whole season?

Eh? The maths doesn't work on that, surely? Even without winter testing that's only 5 sets per race weekend. Can't be right.

It has to be a mis-print, or just too vague. Maybe it should read "110 tyre sets for all testing days within a season, including winter tests"...

I can find nowhere in the regulation that there are only 110 sets of tyres used for the entire season. So I call BS. Would be really weird if it were true.

[Image: Dzn0Q2zWoAI42df.jpg:large]
Indeed Ferrari did run a filming day. Wonder how many laps they ran, front tyre has quite a dark band on it, probably just some residue (mind is running blank on the tech term for it).

So just Mclaren and Racing Point not to have run before running tomorrow.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(17-02-2019, 06:35 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Indeed Ferrari did run a filming day. Wonder how many laps they ran, front tyre has quite a dark band on it, probably just some residue (mind is running blank on the tech term for it).

So just Mclaren and Racing Point not to have run before running tomorrow.

I think "pickup" is probably the word you are looking for.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

They're limited to 100km on a filming day like RBR and Mercedes got. And just like RBR and Mercedes they probably used it all.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Onboard with Danny Ric.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcL7I1NS...r_embedded

Nothing like riding out with a pair of "Washouts" glasses on, and a giant Go-pro impaled on the nose, next to the Halo.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post