Pre-season testing 2019

Lewis moves to within 0.003 of Sebs time on C5 tyres

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Tasty lap from Lewis on the C5's, a 1:16.2 that's nice from the champ. Easily matching Ferrari, it could be tasty in Melbourne. Merc still carrying extra fuel, Ferrari still not turning their engines up. Swings and roundabouts, still think Ferrari are 2 tenths up the road, but that's nothing in F1 and can be over turned within a week.

Morini, I do think the midfield are closer, not as close as the lap times suggest right now, but they're closer to the leaders, maybe because RBR slipped back a bit, or maybe because Renault, Alfa and Racing Point have closed up. Still think neither Ferrari, Mercedes and RBR haven't shown their real pace. Ferrari sandbagging via engine mode, Mercedes sandbagging via fuel load and RBR aren't completing flying laps and lifting in one of the sections. Want to see Melbourne Saturday already.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

I don't want it to end : (
Constant flow of F1 for 8 days over two weeks, just relax and enjoy the cars and teams, that is why I like testing.

Well a win for McLaren today, was hoping one day they would have the most laps completed, and today's the day.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

F1 2019 winter testing is over. Next stop: Melbourne.     Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Couldn't agree more Papa, I want to see them driven in anger in Melbourne. Can't wait for the season to start.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: r9zafFI.jpg]
They got it sorted for the Spain race last year, and that is a great S3 time for Merc's in the test. Slow speed issues could indeed have been eradicated from their concept. I guess in Monaco we'll know for sure, with a few clues in tracks before.

For the hell of it, I'm saying (pessimistically) that from the 3rd/4th place Merc/Fer in qually there will still be a 1 second gap to the leader of the "2018 midfield". Who will be said leader of midfield, could chop and change, lets go with Renault in Melbourne. The unknown is RedBull, I've paid very little attention to them.

[Image: D0l0UUIXQAAKQ8h.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Been out drinking at family driking hole for a few hours (hic).

Missed the last web test updates, just catching up. So I see Lewis and Merc got within a gnats chuff of Vettels best time. Anyone really think the past two weeks of testing has told us anything worth knowing? Are Ferrari really half a second ahead? You tell me peeps, because I am completely in the dark, just like every other winter test session. Come Saturday in Melbourne we will know if Mercedes really are mid field "fighting with torro Rosso" slow. Myself, I doubt it. Sorry!

How annoyingly stupid are the media? Seriously, it is all about web site clicks at the end of the day. It has nothing to do with sensible information.

I like watching F1 cars, but hate "testing" (with a passion) because of the bullshit.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(01-03-2019, 06:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  just relax and enjoy the cars and teams, that is why I like testing.

I get that Hesh, I really do. But the media hyperbole jst f*cks up my Sh*t.

Love watching the cars, hate listening to the mindless bollocks.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(01-03-2019, 08:24 PM)morini Wrote:  
(01-03-2019, 06:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  just relax and enjoy the cars and teams, that is why I like testing.

I get that Hesh, I really do. But the media hyperbole jst f*cks up my Sh*t.

Love watching the cars, hate listening to the mindless bollocks.

Which is why I have only looked at Pirelli's classification graphic, F1's stint graphic post sessions, and stuck to reading forums. No media dribble in sight : )

https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/status...0678370304

This is more like it. Of course one would hope that he chose to acknowledge such states on equal level of attack laps.

Do I think Mercedes are in the midfield? Hell no. Has any media outlet claimed that? Because I've not read anything of the sort. Just that the midfield look closer, and in the case of Renault, Alfa and Racing Point that probably is true.

As to Ferrari being 0.5 seconds ahead of Mercedes, that's not media hyperbole, that Lewis Hamilton, and they're just reporting what he said. Me personally? Right now I think Ferrari are possibly a couple of tenths ahead at winter testing, but it's never that easy. Tracks have different characteristics and the Merc and Ferrari fire up different tyres. So even if that is the case (Ferrari being slightly faster) it doesn't necessarily mean that'll be the case at every track irrespective of developments.

As to the two tenths Ferrari are possibly ahead, we don't know for sure, is nothing in 2 weeks of decent development in F1 at the start of the season can't find. If Ferrari don't find much before Melbourne, or they have to focus on their slight reliability concerns, and Mercedes having nailed their reliability can concentrate on unlocking more of their cars potential those two tenths could easily be reversed come Melbourne. Either way both seem to have produced good cars and it's going to be close at the start of the season. It bodes well for a corker of a season, as does the fairly rock solid reliability everyone has shown.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post