Pre-season testing 2019

Just a quick note on the compound difference, I did read today that the difference between the C4 + C5 was looking for around 0.3s.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(28-02-2019, 08:09 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:   and damaged wheel rim my arse for Sebs crash, you can see the top suspension arm break. 

I couldnt say one way or other Jody, played it back a few times and looks like the tyre separates from the rim a fraction before hand, did the suspension cause this or did the rim/tyre cause the damage I think we would need a better view. (at least with my eyesight I would)
edit, PG has admitted it was his mistake.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Maybe Forza, but part of me thinks it smacks of the old Ferrari "it's never us!!!" situation. I still think given they've had two suspension failures in week one, well, cracked suspension arms that needed replacing the failed suspension arm is the most likely cause. Any way, they'll get it fixed either way before Melbourne I'm sure.

@Hesh, so that'd put it back to the 1:16.4 my mole suggested it was then. Bloody hell this is getting too complex. Having said that the delta today from the C4 to C5 team depending varied from 0.4 seconds to 0.7, so who bloody knows. It's fun to speculate though isn't it. There's also the fact Lewis did a few laps around his fastest that were all in the same ball park, but he set that time on the second flying sun so he was carrying a bit of fuel. I'm just eager for Saturday in Melbourne now. BRING IT ON!!!
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(28-02-2019, 09:02 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Maybe Forza, but part of me thinks it smacks of the old Ferrari "it's never us!!!" situation. 

Now now Jody this is the all new Ferrari, new drivers, new management & even treated the press to a slap up meal during the week, we no longer tell porkies  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Look... Ferrari have been telling the press the reason their cars have exploded is because a meteorite hit them since Enzo Ferrari's days!!! I do not expect that to change. Customer teams whose gearboxes and engines break will blame it on faulty valves or mechanics not doing their job properly. It's just the Ferrari way. I almost look forward to hearing their "leave's on the line" or my favourite "the wrong kind of heat" excuses now.

[Image: D0gvgW7W0AAcHjE.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

That is a hell of a lot of laps from everyone, but especially Mercedes. Wow.

(28-02-2019, 09:02 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  @Hesh, so that'd put it back to the 1:16.4 my mole suggested it was then. Bloody hell this is getting too complex. Having said that the delta today from the C4 to C5 team depending varied from 0.4 seconds to 0.7, so who bloody knows. It's fun to speculate though isn't it. There's also the fact Lewis did a few laps around his fastest that were all in the same ball park, but he set that time on the second flying sun so he was carrying a bit of fuel. I'm just eager for Saturday in Melbourne now. BRING IT ON!!!

It sure is fun! Indeed Lewis' lap was his 2nd flying lap, lap 5 or a 7 lap stint. I posted the lap times from the stint on page 25. It was a hot lap cool lap stint, and one could jump to the conclusion it took the C2 4 laps to get into the window. It was a relatively cool morning.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(28-02-2019, 09:02 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It's fun to speculate though isn't it.

I'm just eager for Saturday in Melbourne now. BRING IT ON!!!

"No"

And

"Yes" (Please. Can't come soon enough for me!)

Dear Santa, I've been (mostly) good in 2019. Please let the season start so everyone knows who's where in the pecking order and we can all stop listening to the hyperbole. TYVM!

[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Well Mercedes have said they'll do some lower fuel runs today, but there's no sign of them yet. Looking forward to Melbourne now, just want to see these cars driven in anger for real. Bored of testing now.