Pre-season testing 2019

Bottas' long stint this afternoon is looking mighty. Just banging them in lap after lap and the tyres look almost new. The Merc may have solved their cars tyre woes.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Re Robert Kubica, according to some on social media Williams did indeed remove the PKN logo`s from the car.....but have replaced them with the newer/updated PKN decals....fingers crossed for us RK fans that is all it was!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I think they should be less concerned with decals and more concerned with getting some wheels bolted to the f***er!!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(19-02-2019, 05:41 PM)morini Wrote:  I think they should be less concerned with decals and more concerned with getting some wheels bolted to the f***er!!

Yup, last I read the car was at last en route.....now whether several team members are carrying it in suitcases or being shipped as a whole unit remains to be seen  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Williams expect to have their car arrive between 5:00 to 6:00 tomorrow morning. So no chance of getting out in the morning I'd suggest, but after lunch hopefully they'll get some running, although it's not a guarantee, we should definitely see them on day 4 though.

As for today's testing I think most teams will be happy with their days work. Ferrari and Mercedes more so than most and Red Bull with Honda will be quietly chuffed as well, so I think if this continues it'll be interesting to see if anyone really shows their hand. I think most teams will be hoping Ferrari have shown more of their hand than most though. Again, the Scuderia were very, very impressive. Having said that, those Mercedes long stints look good. Not sure they're representative either, but the lack of drop off over 20+ lap stints... yeah, Mercedes will be there or thereabouts. Not sure about RBR, but I think I'd say they seem not too far off either. Not going to pick a pecking order on two days of testing, but I'm really happy the Honda engine doesn't seem like a turd, so that bodes well for RBR Honda. Looking forward to Australia now.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(19-02-2019, 06:34 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:   Looking forward to Australia now.

So am I....even if it is a sh*t track for passing Tongue

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-02-2019, 06:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  So am I....even if it is a sh*t track for passing Tongue

You can see it now, after only the first race, "2019 aero regs change, a waste of time and money" xD

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Oki, positive vibes, Williams rock up Wednesday morning, quickest by tea time. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I think the HUGE flap on the DRS this year is going to make over taking the car in front an absolute cinch. That's going to be the biggest change I think.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Yeah I agree Jody, and I see the FIA going to opposite way with track DRS changes this year, and shrinking the zones.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post