Charles Leclerc

No thanks...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/65419863
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Yeah - I've never gotten the hype around Charles. I think whilst the Ferrari driver pairing isn't bad, it's not the strongest. I don't feel like Charles has developed further in the past 2/3 years. I acknowledge that he is quick but I still feel like he's an expensive quick driver and I don't mean in Salary terms. He shows flashes of potential and then for inexplicable reasons bins the car. He's not consistent and perhaps that's frustration at not having the tools that previously Merc enjoyed and now RBR are enjoying. I think in Ferraris current state - Sainz is the better driver match to them. Perhaps slightly slower but able to perform when the car is on song and he seems more reliable.

I've never watched Charles drive and been impressed or been made to feel anything.... with Hamilton we all know his driving can be impressive and exciting, and dare I say we can watch Max and think "F%^ me, how does he get away with doing that when others would be sanctioned." Similarly we watch Alonso and his driving is impressive.

I'm wondering if Charles has past his peak. Merc would surely do better looking into Lando but again these guys are all having the edge worn away by these crap new rules and the cost cap.
[+] 2 users Like Westie's post

I agree with you Neil & Westie, 3 years ago I really thought Charles to be the bollocks in the very top elite group of drivers, over one lap I'd still say he is but he still makes to many mistakes, as Westie posted he hasn't improved.

Obviously he's good, very good but would I put him in the top 3, I did but I wouldn't now.

Ok everyone knows I am biased to the Brit drivers but I'd rather see Lando replace Lewis when he leaves.

If not after destroying Daniel I'd like to see Lando in a Red Bull, Max has not had a hard enough time with his team mates, Lando would test him imo.

Ok back on topic, Charles may get things together & prove me wrong, I've been wrong so many times in my life its possible but at this point in time I'm a bit disappointed in him tbh. 

The only critic of a Ferrari driver that really matters (meaning its his dog in the fight) here Forza has said he wasn't as convinced as some of us a long time ago, looks like he has been proven right.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Gag's & I were chatting, I said over one lap Charles was as quick as anybody, he then pointed out Charles pole to win ratio,
I had no idea it was so dismal.

Of his 18 completed races from pole so far, only four have resulted in wins - a strike rate of just 22.22 per cent.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I'm not jealous......... honest    Shutup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Women today are so fake you could wipe 50% of their looks off with a wet wipe!!!!!

(28-04-2023, 09:58 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Women today are so fake you could wipe 50% of their looks off with a wet wipe!!!!!

See I get this, when I was young a girls looks were enhanced by make up, now they look like completely 
different people!

Having said that.... there were times (when young) I woke up & looked at the fugly I was laid next to & thought 
"I didn't did I?"... then quitely look out of the window & think "where the f*ck am I & more importantly
how do I get out of here without anyone I know noticing"....

Point being "beer goggles" are just as deceptive...    Tongue

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

They are some serious wet wipes you have in the states Neil  Tongue

Before

After wet wipes

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-04-2023, 11:54 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  They are some serious wet wipes you have in the states Neil  Tongue

Got to be honest......... don't fancy Neil's much............. no wonder the Yanks drink spirits   Laughing

I may well have been a bit conservative with my numbers lets make that 75%. Add in the attitude of the modern Bint and I can see why pump and dump has become so popular!!!

If F1 has health issues marriage is on life support.