Arrivabene Vs Binotto

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/12/04/...ifies/amp/

Only Ferrari could let this happen. I don't really know whether it is true, but it is certainly getting a hell of a lot of coverage in the Italian press (which to be honest doesn't mean it is true). How the hell, on the back of easily Ferrari's best season in a decade, could they allow the team to fall apart?

It has been clear for sometime that Arrivabene had a lot of support within the team, as he was able to hold off Marchionne trying to get shot of him at the end of 2016 and 2017. However, I thought all was well internally, Ferrari could not stand to lose Binotto, certainly not to Mercedes. They've already list Sassi, who was supposedly good friends with Binotto to Merc.

What a mess if true.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yeah Jody this story has been rumbling on for quite some time and recently been gaining momentum at a rapid pace in the Italian press, like I said previously ( some people thought I was talking outta my rear end) the death of Sergio earlier in the year had a huge impact within the team....and not for the better, the power struggle completely changed the team, much as I like and admire Arrivabene we badly need to appease Binotto sharpish! The big 3 at the head of the table have a decision to make.....I just pray it`s the right one.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

This is all going to snowball into why I think Ferrari are going to let down Charles Leclerc (and Seb). It could affect the youngster more arriving at a broken home.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Sassi going was a blow, despite what people say, and Binotto hinted at mid-way through the season, that 2018 Ferrari block in their rear was based on Sassi's design principles and development. Losing Sassi, the electrical wizard was a blow. We'll likely see the results in 2019 of that. Losing Binotto to Mercedes would be almost finishing move level blow. Mercedes engineering talent is already at shocking levels, they don't need Binotto as well.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Some one educate me (Its why I came here) how would Binotto fit in to Mercedes with say James Allison they presumably work in different areas of the car?

What would anyone venture to say would be a run down on the heirarchy at Mercedes (the F1 team not the car maker)

(05-12-2018, 01:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yeah Jody this story has been rumbling on for quite some time and recently been gaining momentum at a rapid pace in the Italian press, like I said previously ( some people thought I was talking outta my rear end) the death of Sergio earlier in the year had a huge impact within the team....and not for the better, the power struggle completely changed the team, much as I like and admire Arrivabene we badly need to appease Binotto sharpish! The big 3 at the head of the table have a decision to make.....I just pray it`s the right one.

There is no question Marchionne's unfortunate death was a major blow to Ferrari he was at least to me as an outsider the man who kept everyone on the same page. I do not really like Arrivabene but I equally do not think he has done a bad job. I have always liked Binotto he just exudes confidence and knowledge whether that would make him a good leader or not remains to be seen. I think if not now at some stage in the future he will lead Ferrari as I have to believe Ferrari would pretty much do anything to keep him.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(05-12-2018, 03:30 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  This is all going to snowball into why I think Ferrari are going to let down Charles Leclerc (and Seb). It could affect the youngster more arriving at a broken home.

Been out on the client Chrimbo meal / piss up this afternoon and I have filled my tanks, so forgive me if I misrepresent myself Wink

Lets not get too worried about the knock on effects of this for Ferrari. Keep in mind we are almost at the end of a stabe set of regs (yeah, I know there are some areas for gaining a small advantage next year, but generally it is a status quo "end of an era" year). Ther 2018 car was a cracker of an all round performer and their PU is now not an excuse for not being up with the top dogs, there is little advantage to be gained in the PU area over the net two years anyway (in Morinis humble opinion).

Where this *might* hurt Ferrari (if they don't get stability) is in the white sheet of paper reset year after next. They need all their talent focussed on that early I reckon.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(05-12-2018, 08:09 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I have always liked Binotto he just exudes confidence and knowledge whether that would make him a good leader or not remains to be seen. I think if not now at some stage in the future he will lead Ferrari as I have to believe Ferrari would pretty much do anything to keep him.

If Mercedes are courting Binotto then Ferrari need to make damn sure they keep hold of him. If that is at the expense of Arrivebene then so be it. Sometimes life comes down to "if this then that" decisions. Sorry Maurizio, nothing personal.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 5 users Like The Professor's post

I think next year's car will already be pretty much set in stone in terms of general concept, so on that point Binotto will have given the car its blueprint / DNA already. However, next year the aero regs are pretty much an entirely new set of rules. No blown axels, which'll hurt both RBR and Ferrari, but do diddly squat to Mercedes as they don't run them. So, there is a serious chance that next year you could start with a pig, and if the guy who designed it isn't there to guide development it could all go very, very wrong. We have totally new front wings, completely revised floor rules, very different barge board and sidepod regs, new rules on exhaust blowing, altered diffusers and completely new rear wings. It's actually quite a change. Which is why the news Mercedes had started concentrating on their new car during the summer break sent chills down the spines of the rest of the paddock. Mercs updates from Spa to Suzuka were already pipelined before the summer break. Simply put they are f'ing relentless and in total beast mode. Ferrari losing Binotto to them as well would be serious blow.

NeilP as far as Mercedes are concerned, and where would Binotto fit in? Toto still has a big hole in his organisation structure he hasn't filled since Bob Bell left in 2014. There's also the fact that both Aldo Costa and Mark Ellis are stepping down or taking sabbaticals, and that a certain James Allison has been reshaping the team and structure... so if the rumours are true, and Mercedes are after Binotto, then Allison has a place and a post for him all lined up. Mercedes have been quietly recruiting and shunting people around since Allison arrived, and this year we saw the first fruits of that. Mercedes were caught for the first time in the turbo hybrid era, but they made zero development mistakes on their car. They bolted something on, the car went quicker.

(05-12-2018, 09:10 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(05-12-2018, 08:09 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I have always liked Binotto he just exudes confidence and knowledge whether that would make him a good leader or not remains to be seen. I think if not now at some stage in the future he will lead Ferrari as I have to believe Ferrari would pretty much do anything to keep him.

If Mercedes are courting Binotto then Ferrari need to make damn sure they keep hold of him. If that is at the expense of Arrivebene then so be it. Sometimes life comes down to "if this then that" decisions. Sorry Maurizio, nothing personal.

I think Arrivebene messed up 2018 that bad, he should leave the team anyway. The guy never impressed me anyway, but then again I don't see the whole picture.

Not officially Binotto / Arrivabene related, but a critic of Arrivabene, and supposed supporter of Binotto has gone:

https://www-crash-net.cdn.ampproject.org...racing-ceo

Hmmm... what do we make of that? Is Arrivabene here to stay for at least a season?