Arrivabene Vs Binotto

(20-12-2018, 05:34 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  https://www-crash-net.cdn.ampproject.org...racing-ceo

Bloody hell, talk about being behind the times (not you Jody....Crash.net) this was announced middle of last month by Aprilia themselves over on motogp.com.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(20-12-2018, 05:34 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not officially Binotto / Arrivabene related, but a critic of Arrivabene, and supposed supporter of Binotto has gone:

https://www-crash-net.cdn.ampproject.org...racing-ceo

Hmmm... what do we make of that? Is Arrivabene here to stay for at least a season?

I think if Ferrari had serious plans to move Arrivabene to one side it would have been done by now. I think Binotto is going to be the next man up for Ferrari. I dont know when that will be it may well depend on how the upcoming season pans out for Ferrari.

I will be interested to read from you knowledgeable guys how that may be when we know more about the cars early next year at the official practices. I have no idea whether to expect big changes or not.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Mercedes respond after more claims of an approach for Ferrari's Binotto

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff has responded to claims the team was interested in hiring Ferrari technical chief Mattia Binotto.
Binotto is largely credited for the Scuderia's improvement in performance since the start of 2017 after replacing James Allison, who now works for the German manufacturer.

Reports in Italy, however, have often pointed to a rift between him and team boss Maurizio Arrivabene, which have been denied, and suggestions the Italian was looking elsewhere.

"No, we have not offered a contract to Binotto," Wolff told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I can say that he is an excellent engineer, but under the leadership of James Allison, we have a first-rate technical team and therefore we are not looking for anyone else."

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff also revealed a frantic effort to contact Lewis Hamilton after hearing of his recent Yamaha superbike test at Jerez.
The five-time Formula 1 champion spent his first weekend of the winter break at the Spanish circuit fulfilling his passion for motorbikes at a private event.
Normally, drivers would be expected to gain permission their employer given the risk of injury but it was clear by Wolff's reaction that Lewis kept it a secret.
"When the news spread, I tried to call him, in vain," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "So I called one of the three engineers who was with him.

"'Where are you?'. 'Er, um, we're on a track.' 'Are you turning all three on the motorbike, then?' 'Yes, but ... we're done ',” Toto said reciting the awkward conversation.
Despite a fall, Hamilton emerged without any issues much to the relief of his boss.

"We all had a liberating laugh, but it is clear that for Christmas I will not give him a bike!" Wolff joked.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(29-12-2018, 02:19 PM)forzaferrari  Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff also revealed a frantic effort to contact Lewis Hamilton after hearing of his recent Yamaha superbike test at Jerez. Wrote:  Normally, drivers would be expected to gain permission their employer given the risk of injury but it was clear by Wolff's reaction that Lewis kept it a secret.

"When the news spread, I tried to call him, in vain," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "So I called one of the three engineers who was with him.

"'Where are you?'. 'Er, um, we're on a track.' 'Are you turning all three on the motorbike, then?' 'Yes, but ... we're done ',” Toto said reciting the awkward conversation.

Haha good on you Lewis    Cool Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post