2018 Abu Dhabi GP

A very easy day at the office for Lewis....controlled the race after stopping very early but the team made the right call.
Bottas will not be happy with the season as a whole but if he doesn't start challenging Lewis then Ocon's name will be on the Merc boss's mind.

I though Verstappen was due a 5 sec pen for the overtake on Ocon...he left him nowhere to go and from one angle it's a straight ram.

Brilliant to see Billy Monger on the grid and if he gets his sponsorship (which im sure he will) I wish him all the success he can get.

110 days to go......hibernation sounds good to me.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

OK, lots to digest on this one:

Renault:

apparently they gave some parting presents to RBR, (in good humour) one of which was "Anti Moaning" breath spray for Max. He may well need a refill next year, going by the Honda blowouts. Also they would have still finished ahead of Force India and Racing Point combined. Mission accomplished, and the Hulk secured P7 as well. Great drive from Carlos, Thank you, wish him all the best at McL

RBR:

On the grid Marko was asked if they could win, and he spoke solely about Max's chances, not a word about Dan. I believe as before that Horner tries to be fair. But it's clear, Marko does not feel the same. Still a nice send off by RBR to Dan at the end, and to his credit, even gave Marko a hug. Dunno how mutual it was.

The Hulk incident:

I will reserve my "opinion" for the appropriate thread. But this is exactly the type of accident, that many have predicted, thankfully there was no serious fire, pros and cons, still firmly undecided. Nico said it did hinder from getting out, but then again, he said he's never been upside down before, so doesn't know if it would have been any different. Great response from the marshals though

Vandoorne: Finally showed, he has some skill, too little too late though.

Kimi: Finishing 3rd, has to go to the prize giving, Max says he'll do if it counts as his community service, LOL Smile

Alonso:

Great last time out team radio, "OK there's a point in this . . . . turn it up"
Alonso, "I have 1800 points"
Engineer "for me, make it 1800 and 1" LOL

And he tried every trick in the book to do it, cutting 3 corners, resulting in three 5 sec penalties. Didn't affect the result, but harsh, and how the feck did Bottas not get penalised? Apparently though, he was actually on 1899 points, so if he'd made it, it could have rounded it up Smile

Great send off though seeing Lewis and Seb drive alongside him, and the synchronised donuts on the finish line, great stuff, great to see the mutual respect of all. Finally though I can buy a McL hat, to add to my collection, it will be the one worn this weekend, Kimoa 14, cheers for the entertainment Fonzy

Lewis: Nuff said, I can't add to it, we'll all hear and read enough. Credit where it's due, superstar

Marcus Erricson: Bye then

Coverage:

Gotta give it to C4 this weekend though for their track selection, when doing the Kubica story, I have this song synced my skydive from years ago. Don Fardon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OScBnQK6zYM

OK, off to vent in the appropriate place, LOL Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 5 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(25-11-2018, 07:51 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Alonso:

Great last time out team radio, "OK there's a point in this . . . . turn it up"
Alonso, "I have 1800 points"
Engineer "for me, make it 1800 and 1"  LOL

Just finished watching the procession (out front)....soz, I mean race .....also loved Hulks message (Ive left out the bleeps) "get me outta here guys , Im hanging like a cow"  Tongue

A nice touch.....not that it brought him any luck

https://twitter.com/i/status/1066671583287234560

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Agree Forza about up front Lewis had it under control, When Seb put in a few stonking laps Lewis responded by go half a second quicker than Seb for two laps, essentially saying "not today bud". I also think Seb was pacing himself and had Max covered off... would have been interesting if they'd let Danny Ric through to have a go at Seb, but I think he'd have had the pace to cover it off.

So Lewis is on 73 race wins, he's really cracking on, at his current rate he might get close to Schumacher's 91 wins by 2020, he could match Schumacher, that's insane. I never thought I'd see anyone even get close in my life time.

So now onto next season. I hope Ferrari really can come on strong again and take it to Mercedes again. I still think Ferrari had the better car this year, I feel they're going to need something special to beat Mercedes, but being at the top of the sport for 6 years is bloody hard, no other team has managed that in the sports history. I hope RBR and Honda can get in on the act, and Prost seemed certain Renault could close the gap to the top three next year.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

It did hit a heart string when HAM, VET & ALO showcase at the end. Only a few years ago the debate was only about these three, the greatest on the grid. One pillar down in the generation change.
https://twitter.com/F1/status/1066716852829790208

[Image: Ds20_UlX4AYnDdT.jpg]
I captained LEC in the FT this round, was quite pleased when he hit fourth, taking it to RIC was great.
I think we all would of done what ALO did, screw it, blaze it.
Those DRS extensions really did put the cars side by side as its indented to do, made for some good highlights.

Testing on Tuesday, shame its only a tyre test, wonder if they will get up to MotoGPs level and show coverage of it all...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post