2018 Brazilian GP

I agree Jody rules are rules but that was a massive lack of common sense from Stewards in this case, I think Ferrari are in a strong position tomorrow if it’s not raining that’s is Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(10-11-2018, 07:12 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  I agree Jody rules are rules but that was a massive lack of common sense from Stewards in this case, I think Ferrari are in a strong position tomorrow if it’s not raining that’s is Smile

.....and Seb isnt starting from the back.....maybe he can perform another misdemeanor between now and then and possibly start from the carpark Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Haha fook that let’s go from the airport

So are we looking at penalties for Seb and Lewis do we think?

And Grosjean
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

It will be interesting to see if Hamilton gets a penalty. My gut feeling tells me he should get a 3 place grid drop. Vettel should absolutely get a penalty I have no idea what the rules say the penalty should be it but was muted that he will be disqualified from qualifying and be placed last.

All in all interesting qualifying and should set up for a good race tomorrow.

One thing that has come into focus this season is that the stewards are not treating all the drivers equally, punishing the lesser drivers more. That is absolutely unacceptable to me all this talk about not penalizing Vettel (and maybe Hamilton) in the interest of the race is irrelevant (or at least SHOULD be).

(10-11-2018, 06:43 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  What a lap from Leclerc, can't wait to see him in the Ferrari and pushing Vettel. That could get very, very tasty.

He will push both Vettel and Hamilton if he can hold his nerve, would love to see a rookie take it from 9 times WDC combined that would be immense

(10-11-2018, 07:22 PM)NeilP Wrote:  It will be interesting to see if Hamilton gets a penalty. My gut feeling tells me he should get a 3 place grid drop. Vettel should absolutely get a penalty I have no idea what the rules say the penalty should be it but was muted that he will be disqualified from qualifying and be placed last.

All in all interesting qualifying and should set up for a good race tomorrow.

One thing that has come into focus this season is that the stewards are not treating all the drivers equally, punishing the lesser drivers more. That is absolutely unacceptable to me all this talk about not penalizing Vettel (and maybe Hamilton) in the interest of the race is irrelevant (or at least SHOULD be).

Christ you Merc boys are never happy are you Smile

But in all seriousness yes the stewarding is debatable at times and very inconsistent just not good enough
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

LL - Christ you Merc boys are never happy are you ... No!!!!

As I said above Lotus Hamilton should take a penalty, in my eyes that move of his could have been a disaster. I dont mean to pile on Vettel and whilst I agree it was perhaps not appropriate at the time and for the timing of his weighing but that does not change the fact he broke the rules. What do we want drivers breaking rules because they feel it is not in their best interest and to hell with the consequences? I dont think so.

I think it is time the same panel of stewards traveled to each race and keep the same team together for the whole season. That I feel would or at least should improve the consistency

Checked the rules, strictly speaking... and I take no pleasure saying this... Vettel should be disqualified. He failed to comply with a mandated test AND failed to provide a test result by not turning his engine off. That is an automatic disqualification.

Lewis might pick up a 3 place grid penalty for the Sirotkin thing, but he was on a cool down lap (Sirotkin) and Williams told him to hurry up back to the pit because they feared rain, soooo, Lewis might get lucky again. But he should at the very least get a reprimand.

Grosjean is a slam dunk. He was on the driving line and totally blocked Bottas, nearly caused an accident. However, Bottas did get through and that was his fastest lap of that session... you all know I dislike Moanjean, but I'd give him a slap on the wrist personally.

Vettel's infraction is searious, because the FIA couldn't weigh any cars afterwards as Seb trashed the weighbridge. Stupid of him.

Didn't Martin Brundle do the same thing at Monaco 1991, Gags says he missed the weigh bridge & then excluded for the rest of the weekend.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Yes he did gags. Failing to follow FIA technical test instructions is a DQ. Failing to provide a weight when requested is a DQ.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(10-11-2018, 07:42 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Checked the rules, strictly speaking... and I take no pleasure saying this... Vettel should be disqualified. He failed to comply with a

Stupid of him.

I agree Jody, very silly of Seb but what is the wording? Is the car to be switched off before being pushed onto the scales?.....if so you could argue (albeit petty) they should never have pushed Seb onto the scales in the first place with the engine running.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli