2018 Brazilian GP

(11-11-2018, 11:17 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I thought you where in for that job M?.....handy number, seldom used  Tongue

I wish! Cushy number, you are right. But I wouldn't do it for free like Maxwell has to Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

[/quote]

(11-11-2018, 11:35 PM)morini Wrote:  
(11-11-2018, 11:29 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  And as you know, I'm a pretty chilled guy, I don't care. Not in the slightest, but if I may, you should accept some criticism when it is "Founded", on Lewis.

What "founded criticism" have I seen on here tonight then? Exactly!

I thought it was founded, that he shouldn't have called Sergey "disrespectful", without knowing his side of it, though that was yesterday.

You said yesterday, that who gives a shit what Sergey thinks, or words to that affect. I said that Lewis would retract this statement, and he did, but lets just stick a pin in it, I have no desire to get into a whole Barney over it bud.

My last line in my original post today, was said in jest, and as always, never to be taken that seriously

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(11-11-2018, 11:33 PM)morini Wrote:  The best can drive around car problems though, no? Oh, no, I forgot, Vettel is JB mark 2 in that respect.

Wait, was VET not in the fight for P3 before taking the free pitstop and try something different? I think he drove through that problem perfectly fine, and it was evident that he was running compromised. I thought RAI had more issues, as he locked up into T10 every lap, sure no big damage to the tyre, but it would of had an impact.

Anyway.

Someone posted this on twitter. Jail time Max : P

"Max Verstappen punishment for pushing & hitting Ocon several times in the chest in the pits:
Two days of public service at the direction of @FIA within 6 months of the incident (penalty under Art. 12.3.1.c of the FIA International Sporting Code)."

Pretty petty if you ask me, was only a bit of shoving.

[Image: DrvkhXPX4AAG_mQ.jpg]
[Image: Drv2JSTWkAAUXub.jpg]

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(12-11-2018, 12:12 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  
(11-11-2018, 11:33 PM)morini Wrote:  The best can drive around car problems though, no? Oh, no, I forgot, Vettel is JB mark 2 in that respect.

Wait, was VET not in the fight for P3 before taking the free pitstop and try something different? I think he drove through that problem perfectly fine, and it was evident that he was running compromised. I thought RAI had more issues, as he locked up into T10 every lap, sure no big damage to the tyre, but it would of had an impact.

Anyway.

Someone posted this on twitter. Jail time Max : P

"Max Verstappen punishment for pushing & hitting Ocon several times in the chest in the pits:
Two days of public service at the direction of @FIA within 6 months of the incident (penalty under Art. 12.3.1.c of the FIA International Sporting Code)."

Pretty petty if you ask me, was only a bit of shoving.

Hang on that sounds reasonable Heshy?? Look don't you know anyone else driving that car would of won the WDC this year and last? Sorry that was a typo if LEWIS only had driven that car it would of been tied up the others debatable. Sarcasm is on my to do list tonight. 

So Max will be giving out free rides to punters for two days, nice earner for F1 Smile
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Right I was out at a friend's birthday party last night getting drunk, so wasn't able to comment here as it'd have been rude. However, there is loads to talk about, and I'll try to take it one issue at a time starting with the Big one...

Verstappen Vs Ocon

Firstly Ocon has to take the lion's share of the blame, yes a faster lapped car can unlap themselves, and he has the right to attempt that. I just think he should have got his nose out of turn two. Equally Max has to learn some risk management, the car was there, it wasn't going to disappear, and I think he was trying to blunt Ocon's momentum for a DRS move into turn 4. Watched it loads now, and that is my considered thoughts on the incident.

Further thoughts is that it's a bit rich of Verstappen to complain like this when he pulled similar shenanigans in the Toro Rosso, and was an awful back marker, ignoring blue flags and pushing back leaders of the track. What goes around comes around Max. Speaking of which, there is previous between these two, Max has repeatedly stuck Ocon in walls and pushed him off the track in junior formula, so Ocon is always going to try and prove a point, which I don't agree with, but there it is. Ocon has bloated his copy book for me though.

Mercedes Pace

Let's be clear, Allison intimated that they shifted development to next year's car in the summer break, and that the updates for Spa, Monza and Singapore were it, and had been in the pipeline before the summer break. They brought a few things for Russia, and mixed and matched at Japan and it is now showing they've got nothing new. They aren't developing that car anymore whereas RBR and Ferrari continue to tweak and develop their packages. Just don't think Mercedes have the right design philosophy for these regulations going forward.

Ferrari's Pace

Much like Mercedes, their cars were set up for qualifying. That was clear. When Seb stuck the Super Softs on in the last stint he chewed through them and after 5 laps blisters were appearing, I just don't think Ferrari thought Red Bull were going to be in it at all during the race. Hope they can go out on a high though in Abu Dhabi.

Sebs Performance

Firstly he was never really in the fight for third after the first round of pit stops. He just wasn't. He was holding Ricciardo up and dropping back from Kimi and Max and I wondered openly to my friend whether his car had an issue. Sure I think he looked down this weekend and not mentally engaged and sharp like he normally is, but I wasn't surprised to hear he had issues...

Lewis' Engine

As did Lewis. He may have killed his engine as the temps were rising far too high, apparently failure was imminent a number of times during the race and Mercedes had to ask Lewis to turn his engine right down. He may need to take a fourth PU in Abu Dhabi. So to win the race, even with Ocon's helping hand, driving around a failing engine is actually a pretty big deal, and he deserves some credit for that.

Leclerc

Yes he's fast, yes he's good, and if he'd been in that Ferrari this year I'm not sure Lewis would have his 5th title by now. Sure, he would probably see it out, but Leclerc would at least have run him closer...

Fantasy Ferrari WDCs

In that Ferrari Lewis would have won. I also think Alonso would've and probably Ricciardo too, with Max I'm going to be cautious because this season he was error prone, moreso than Vettel. However, I think he'd ultimately have done a better job than Seb and again pushed Lewis far closer and maybe even have won the title. That's not to say the Ferrari is a dominant car, but it is all round the quicker car, and would have given many others on the grid the edge required to beat Lewis. This is why again I'm looking at Seb and shaking my head, he had the tools to beat Lewis, no question, and he didn't.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-11-2018, 10:37 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  <snip>
Verstappen Vs Ocon

Firstly Ocon has to take the lion's share of the blame, yes a faster lapped car can unlap themselves, and he has the right to attempt that. I just think he should have got his nose out of turn two. Equally Max has to learn some risk management, the car was there, it wasn't going to disappear, and I think he was trying to blunt Ocon's momentum for a DRS move into turn 4. Watched it loads now, and that is my considered thoughts on the incident.

Don't have a problem with most of that post (the last paragraph is very speculative, but hey ho).

What I'd like to ask you is this - if Hamilton had been leading and Ocon tried to unlap himself in the same way would Hamilton have been taken out? I'm not sure what your thinking is on that one, but I know 100% what my views are!

[edit] Oh, and I agree that Vettel was *never* in the running for a podium. Was going to reply to Hesh post saying the same thing, but you did it for me.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Morini no I don't think Lewis would have been taken out, just look at how he handled the situation in Singapore. He's shrewder and wiser now. Maybe when he was Max's age he would have risked it, maybe he'd have tried getting his elbows out needlessly. Mature Hamilton would have left Ocon the space in turn 2 and shown him towards the grass and onto the marbles in turn 3. Yeah the last paragraph is speculative, but it's what I believe.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-11-2018, 11:08 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Morini no I don't think Lewis would have been taken out, just look at how he handled the situation in Singapore. He's shrewder and wiser now. Maybe when he was Max's age he would have risked it, maybe he'd have tried getting his elbows out needlessly. Mature Hamilton would have left Ocon the space in turn 2 and shown him towards the grass and onto the marbles in turn 3. Yeah the last paragraph is speculative, but it's what I believe.

Yes, well our views are aligned on that one. Not sure if you've been on the Sky HYS, but they have numerous articles open trying to create click traffic on this subject. It's quite funny really Wink can see why the die hard Max fans are aggrieved, but there's not a lot of reasoned thinking going on there with one or two of them.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

It`s all done and dusted now, the coulda, woulda, shoulda is totally irrelevant.....but tell me in the heat of the moment this isnt a face that needed a slap  Tongue 

[Image: max-verstappen-red-bull-racin-1.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-11-2018, 12:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  It`s all done and dusted now, the coulda, woulda, shoulda is totally irrelevant.....but tell me in the heat of the moment this isnt a face that needed a slap  Tongue 
Well, I think Max should have twatted him properly rather than the girly handbag pushing and shoving. May as well be hung for a sheep than a lamb Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post