2018 Mexico GP

(29-10-2018, 01:20 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Given he won a fifth WDC today in Mexico, I don't think it's too off topic.

Back to the race though, Max drove brilliantly,, gutted for Danny Ric yet again. He's got to be praying with all his might that his Renault is more reliable next season, because if it isn't I can see it getting explosive their

Seb did all he could, he conducted himself with good grace and composure after the race and that is a credit to him. I hope he comes back stronger next season.

The Mercedes was awful here yet again, and I'm sure Allison will be trying his hardest to steer the W10 more towards his philosophy, because it is clearly the right one in F1.

It's starting to look like Renault have fourth nailed on and that Force India won't quite catch McLaren. Speaking of which, I was stoked to see Vandorne get his points, and saddened yet again by what happened to Alonso. It's not right now he's leaving the sport.

100% agree with this post in all aspects, I think it’s been a funny year in terms of who stays and goes imo but that is the way it is? I am already looking forward to 2019
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Well, it's the day after and now the fuss has died down it feels a bit flat. Personally I would much prefer to have seen the WDC claimed with a victory (or at the very least a podium), but it was not to be.

Really enjoyed the race yesterday though, Max was absolutely brilliant and it's unfortunate that circumstances deflected the limelight from him a bit. He is going to be a multiple WDC, no question. But what has Dan got to do to get a break? Never seen such a run of poor luck, made worse by the fact he is driving well and deserves much better.

Kudos to Sebastian Vettel, he drove very well yesterday and handled the disappointment post race with much grace and class. I make no secret that he's not my favourite driver, but that is mostly down to the "finger" antics. Theres no doubt he is a very quick driver when the car suits him.

Where on earth were Mercedes yesterday? Tyre management was abysmal and if they don't get on top of it I can see them losing the WCC quite easily. Particularly as Kimi is doing a much better job than Valterri. 

Looking forward to Interlagos. Hope for some moisture.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Exactly Morini, what happened to Mercedes? 

They were surprised by the blistering in the USA: I later read they blamed the tyre wear on the cars being out of balance, after the hastily changed water pumps. 
In Mexico, they had their fancy controversial wheel hubs, yet they annihilated their tyres. Everyone was struggling, did Mercedes just make a meal of it instead of dealing with it. 

A fair few cars went one stop. HUL, LEC, RAI, so the Supers did last. Ferrari had to try something with VET so a spanky new set of US, and RedBull just reacted with VES. I think both teams seemed much more in control than Merc, and RedBull I think showing they have the best pitwall.

Brazil has much harder tyres, so easy one stop, no intrigue, or intensity. It was great in Mexico, I had no idea what could happen due to the tyre situation, because thats all we really had left as there was no real racing.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(29-10-2018, 12:14 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Exactly Morini, what happened to Mercedes? 

They were surprised by the blistering in the USA: I later read they blamed the tyre wear on the cars being out of balance, after the hastily changed water pumps. 
In Mexico, they had their fancy controversial wheel hubs, yet they annihilated their tyres. Everyone was struggling, did Mercedes just make a meal of it instead of dealing with it. 

A fair few cars went one stop. HUL, LEC, RAI, so the Supers did last. Ferrari had to try something with VET so a spanky new set of US, and RedBull just reacted with VES. I think both teams seemed much more in control than Merc, and RedBull I think showing they have the best pitwall.

Brazil has much harder tyres, so easy one stop, no intrigue, or intensity. It was great in Mexico, I had no idea what could happen due to the tyre situation, because thats all we really had left as there was no real racing.

You say there was no racing when Infact I though there was some it’s just piss poor coverage shows us very little. I cannot remember exactly what point but you had 6 cars racing within 2 secs or something Ocon the Haas and Gasly Hartley and SVD (who I was pleased to see showing is why Mclaren initially had him signed) anyway it was nothing like CotA and I put on US thread that shouldn’t be the final race imo it’s becoming one of the best circuits in the programme with Silverstone, and Spa although even that has gone a bit flat of late!!
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(29-10-2018, 12:14 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Exactly Morini, what happened to Mercedes? 

In Mexico, they had their fancy controversial wheel hubs, yet they annihilated their tyres. 

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff insists that his team's decision to race without its cooling rear wheel rims did not contribute to its W09 behaving like an "F3" car in the Mexican Grand Prix.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce...s/3205249/

You may want/need to sit down when reading this headline....no, your eyes are not deceiving you Wink

Red Bull Formula 1 boss Christian Horner has credited Renault with getting its sums right for the high altitude in Mexico and helping Max Verstappen to a dominant victory.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horne...o/3205202/

Nice touch Seb

https://twitter.com/i/status/1056675049611165703

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-10-2018, 05:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

In Mexico, they had their fancy controversial wheel hubs, yet they annihilated their tyres. 

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff insists that his team's decision to race without its cooling rear wheel rims did not contribute to its W09 behaving like an "F3" car in the Mexican Grand Prix.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce...s/3205249/

You may want/need to sit down when reading this headline....no, your eyes are not deceiving you Wink

Red Bull Formula 1 boss Christian Horner has credited Renault with getting its sums right for the high altitude in Mexico and helping Max Verstappen to a dominant victory.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horne...o/3205202/

Nice touch Seb

https://twitter.com/i/status/1056675049611165703

Was it edited when Seb says “Hey Toto give me Bottas’s seat”!! Smile
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post