2019 Calender

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45846264

The 2019 Formula 1 season will finish in December, and the German Grand Prix has been included on the final calendar released by the FIA.

The record-equalling 21-race calendar has the same order as 2018, with the first race in Australia on 17 March.
Abu Dhabi will close the season, with the race taking place on 1 December.
There have only been three later finishes to a season since the Formula 1 World Championship began in 1950 - 1959, 1962 and 1963.
The German Grand Prix has been held in alternate years recently, and there had been doubts about its future with organisers wanting to reduce their race fee.
It will follow the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, which is scheduled for 14 July.
Eleven of the 21 races are in Europe, five in Asia, four in the Americas and one in Australia.
The 1,000th grand prix since F1's inception will take place in China on 14 April, the third race of the season.

2019 F1 calendar
17 March, Australia
31 March, Bahrain
14 April, China
28 April, Azerbaijan
12 May, Spain
26 May, Monaco
9 June, Canada
23 June, France
30 June, Austria
14 July, Great Britain
28 July, Germany
4 August, Hungary
1 September, Belgium
8 September, Italy
22 September, Singapore
29 September, Russia
13 October, Japan
27 October, Mexico
3 November, USA
17 November, Brazil
1 December, Abu Dhabi

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-10-2018, 11:30 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45846264

The 2019 Formula 1 season will finish in December, and the German Grand Prix has been included on the final calendar released by the FIA.

The record-equalling 21-race calendar has the same order as 2018, with the first race in Australia on 17 March.
Abu Dhabi will close the season, with the race taking place on 1 December.
There have only been three later finishes to a season since the Formula 1 World Championship began in 1950 - 1959, 1962 and 1963.
The German Grand Prix has been held in alternate years recently, and there had been doubts about its future with organisers wanting to reduce their race fee.
It will follow the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, which is scheduled for 14 July.
Eleven of the 21 races are in Europe, five in Asia, four in the Americas and one in Australia.
The 1,000th grand prix since F1's inception will take place in China on 14 April, the third race of the season.

2019 F1 calendar
17 March, Australia
31 March, Bahrain
14 April, China
28 April, Azerbaijan
12 May, Spain
26 May, Monaco
9 June, Canada
23 June, France
30 June, Austria
14 July, Great Britain
28 July, Germany
4 August, Hungary
1 September, Belgium
8 September, Italy
22 September, Singapore
29 September, Russia
13 October, Japan
27 October, Mexico
3 November, USA
17 November, Brazil
1 December, Abu Dhabi

Too many races! They will be saying A B and C will potentially lose them but look it’s rammed!! I feel for the teams that’s a lot of travelling indeed
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(13-10-2018, 12:15 PM)LotusLover Wrote:   I feel for the teams that’s a lot of travelling indeed

Dont feel too sorry for them LL, no-one is holding a gun to their heads, forcing them to earn a decent wage and flying all around the globe  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Why put Canada between all those European races?
Should've put it together with the other American (American as in North and South America) races.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139361...1-f1-races

Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost says he would "absolutely refuse to go below 20 races" on the Formula 1 calendar.
F1 is considering new races in Miami and Vietnam, despite concerns over the size of a calendar that already comprises 21 grands prix.

Earlier this season Renault F1 chief Cyril Abiteboul told Autosport he thought the schedule had expanded too much and needed an aggressive cut, possibly to as few as 15 or 16 races.

I'm with Franz's view, or actually a couple more, as much as Cyril has amused me with his comments I'm really not going to agree with him on this, more the better for me.

(13-10-2018, 01:48 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Why put Canada between all those European races?
Should've put it together with the other American (American as in North and South America) races.

Hi Anti, we both know the answer...….   because is makes sense, what is it with super intelligent people & common sense lol. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-10-2018, 01:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(13-10-2018, 12:15 PM)LotusLover Wrote:   I feel for the teams that’s a lot of travelling indeed

Dont feel too sorry for them LL, no-one is holding a gun to their heads, forcing them to earn a decent wage and flying all around the globe  Tongue

Haha well yeah but money takes you so far, if your single it is all good if you are married it can be a ball ache

(13-10-2018, 03:23 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139361...1-f1-races

Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost says he would "absolutely refuse to go below 20 races" on the Formula 1 calendar.
F1 is considering new races in Miami and Vietnam, despite concerns over the size of a calendar that already comprises 21 grands prix.

Earlier this season Renault F1 chief Cyril Abiteboul told Autosport he thought the schedule had expanded too much and needed an aggressive cut, possibly to as few as 15 or 16 races.

I'm with Franz's view, or actually a couple more,  as much as Cyril has amused me with his comments I'm really not going to agree with him on this, more the better for me.

(13-10-2018, 01:48 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Why put Canada between all those European races?

Hi Anti, we both know the answer...….   because is makes sense, what is it with super intelligent people & common sense lol. Tongue

I have to ask myself “what races are shite to watch”? Quite a few for me therefore keep the optimum races get rid of a few crap ones I would prefer quality over quantity Paps
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(13-10-2018, 03:53 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  

"I would prefer quality over quantity" 

Yes 100% agree, its just that I would chuck the *crap* one's & replace with some of the great tracks that have been dropped, Its just me bud, if it was up to me I would have a GP + Moto GP & an International rugby Test every week lol, I know its not possible & its selfish of me, I do see what your saying but I wouldn't want to lose any, apart from Monaco, Singapore starting to realise this list could be a long one Haha.   Smile

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

It would be too cold in Canada to run a F1 Grand Prix at this time of the year. I am back in Michigan right now and at the start of the week the day time high was a freak at 75 degrees F but just 2/3 days later the day time high is in the 40 degree range and just 200 miles North of us in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan they had the first snow of the season yesterday.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(13-10-2018, 06:48 PM)NeilP Wrote:  It would be too cold in Canada to run a F1 Grand Prix at this time of the year. I am back in Michigan right now and at the start of the week the day time high was a freak at 75 degrees F but just 2/3 days later the day time high is in the 40 degree range and just 200 miles North of us in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan they had the first snow of the season yesterday.

Then put it in April I say, before moving over towards Europe or China. Or push that whole Europe train of races further in season. Why race in summer in Europe? Look for the rainy season in Europe I say!
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post