2018 United States GP

Yeah, the wet weather tyre situation in F1 has never really been satisfactory really. But it is a cost and logistics issue for them to bring more sets. Just such a shame when we have wet weekend like this. We might not see any running in either FP2 or FP3 at this rate.

OMG, Seb might be facing a 3 place grid penalty for not slowing under the red flag. FFS, I really hope that's not the case. If it is can we call it another error from Seb? Either way, I thought the penalties for Ocon and Ricciardo earlier in the season we're daft, yeah the rules are the rules, but some common sense please people.

As I thought, there probably won't be much, if any running in FP2.

Well the stewards have no choice that HAVE to apply the penalty to show a level and even playing field.

Is it another mistake by Vettel, yes Jody it absolutely is there is no excuse and no one else to blame but himself.

.... and indeed there is confirmation, 3 place grid penalty. May not be good for he race but its the right decision.

Well from watching the on board shots I have to say it is an open and shut case as the rules go, but it is such a silly rule. However, for consistency with the other penalties dished out I guess it shows that the penalty is at least consistently stupid. I think that's the WDC for Lewis this weekend barring a disaster for him. I can't see Seb getting in front of either Mercedes in Wet qualifying, and it looks like he'll struggle to get ahead of his team mate and the Red Bulls as well, best case scenario for him is starting fourth or fifth, but I can honestly see him being as low as ninth if the qualifying is wet, which it will be. That's a pretty comfortable one two for Mercedes if that is the case, because Sunday s definitely going to be dry.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Agreed and that is the consensus of opinions its a stupid rule.

I think Hamilton now has an excellent chance of winning it all this weekend, I cannot believe the Vettel meltdowns this second half of the year utterly crazy!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(19-10-2018, 10:10 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Agreed and that is the consensus of opinions its a stupid rule.

I think Hamilton now has an excellent chance of winning it all this weekend, I cannot believe the Vettel meltdowns this second half of the year utterly crazy!

Rules are (stupid) rules, but they seriously need to rethink this one. As PDR said, in conditions like today it can actually be more dangerous to slam the anchors on to be slow enough to be under the delta. The principle is correct (as it's meant to protect marshalls / circuit officials), but there needs to be some common sense applied, or give a longer wndow to get down to the prescribed speed.

I watched the onboard and he certainly did slow, but not by enough or quickly enough to stay within the rules. Not going to change the outcome of the championship as that train left the station two races ago.

He did slow down, no question, but actually the speed breach was actually quite high, he was 20Kph too fast through timing sector 6 and 15Kph too fast through sector 7. I thought Danny Ricciardo was harsh as the flag came out mid sector for him in Australia and he was like 5 Kph too fast and Ocon 6 Kph too fast. But seriously it's a dumb rule, but to be too fast in two different timing sectors is just a really stupid mistake from Seb. There can't be any excuses, the delta is right there on his dash. Still think it is dumb though. Yes it is consistent. No it won't really massively alter the championship this season... but I just think the penalties are weird. Stick a guy in the wall during the race? 5 second penalty, don't slow quite enough for some gravel on the track, even though it's clear he did slow massively, three place grid penalty. Just don't get it.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

So Scuderia Ferrari fastest in P3 in dry conditions. Interesting, not what I expected. Hoping for a dry qualy to see where the cars really stand. Great circuit this one (in my opinion), has a bit of everything.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Like you Morini I'm hoping that qualifying is actually dry, as I want to see the teams relative dry run pace. Looked far better for Ferrari today, but it was obvious with just the one dry session the teams were all running vastly different programs with Mercedes trying to fit in some longer running and Ferrari looking early doors at purely qualifying set up, and then switching to some heavier fuel runs which looked a tad "meh" if you ask me. But on a super green track I guess the teams won't be entirely sure of what they're capable of today or tomorrow, which could make for a fun race... and qualifying looks like it could be an absolute stonker.

Why the hell does Gasly get punished yet all others do not, is it because its a different part of the track?? What dumb ass made that up??

Nice work Kimi put it on the front row, no-one expected Ferrari on the front row, but Le Clerc is so impressive in that Sauber imagine what he will do in a red car!!!
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post