2018 United States GP

(19-10-2018, 05:24 PM)morini Wrote:  Hey Forza, I see Hammy has his lucky hairdo this weekend. Not looking good fella  Bigeyes

First it was the fecking rain, now you tell me he has the lucky barnet........should I even bother watching  Angry (thankfully its also a mgp weekend...whooooooohoooooo)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

So, he sits in his car, gets out, goes to have a snack, comes back, does the fewest laps of anybody and ends up just over 1.3 seconds quicker than anyone else. Yeah it's only FP1, but given it's likely to be wet for quali tomorrow is anyone in any doubt who is most likely to be on pole? Yet again it's really nip and tuck between the next 4 or 5 drivers out there, including his team mate, but Lewis seems light years ahead again.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(19-10-2018, 05:39 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So, he sits in his car, gets out, goes to have a snack, comes back, does the fewest laps of anybody and ends up just over 1.3 seconds quicker than anyone else. Yeah it's only FP1, but given it's likely to be wet for quali tomorrow is anyone in any doubt who is most likely to be on pole? Yet again it's really nip and tuck between the next 4 or 5 drivers out there, including his team mate, but Lewis seems light years ahead again.

Did you notice the ride height and rake on the RBR's today? They looked like monster trucks out there. Also, Kimis car seemed a lot higher at the rear than Vettels (or I guess it could have been the angle). Kimi was rallycrossing it most of the session.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I dont know how much we can read into that session, sure Hamilton had the fastest time but how seriously were teams taking it. That said we did learn the Gelael family own KFC in Malaysia!

Not sure FP 2 is really going to tell us anything more either. Colour me disappointed I was really looking forward to some real action.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(19-10-2018, 04:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Agreed NeilP that sounds to me like he's already been told he's not Williams's first choice, or even second choice. It also sounds to me like Williams actually want Ocon if they can make it work. The ball sounds like it is firmly back in Ocon's and Mercedes' court. We all want to see Ocon in that seat.

I want Ocon in that seat as much as anyone. But she did point out that Williams want some continuity and everyone knows Ocon thinks he'll be in VB's seat come 2020 (myself, I'm not so sure). I think if Ocon is prepared t comit to a 2 year deal he'll get the gig at Williams.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(19-10-2018, 03:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:    Then the Likes of Forza and Foggy will fill us all with vain hopes of being great in 2019 only to fall short again. I almost feel sorry for them Smile

Next year is our year Neil, I can feel it in my water.....or I just need a pee  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-10-2018, 06:16 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I dont know how much we can read into that session, sure Hamilton had the fastest time but how seriously were teams taking it. That said we did learn the Gelael family own KFC in Malaysia!

Not sure FP 2 is really going to tell us anything more either. Colour me disappointed I was really looking forward to some real action.

I don't know what it is about COTA in October, but the weather is very variable. We've had some races where it's been hot all weekend and others (2015!) where it's yamped down with rain constantly. At least there was some meaningful running in P1, when we were there in 2015 we only saw a handful of laps on Friday. Nothing whatsoever on Saturday and a compressed Qualy / Race Sunday. The weather isn't going to be as bad this year I don't think.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(19-10-2018, 06:20 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Next year is our year Neil, I can feel it in my water.....or I just need a pee  Tongue

The second one!

It's only 6 o clock and you've already broken the seal Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Despite it being wet, we got alot of running, I wouldnt mind the same for FP2, and FP3, mixed conditions but them out there having a go. Then teams go into the race somewhat blind, and we get our Practice session fix!

Kimi had the upgraded floor on right? Maybe with that more ride height is needed. Or he was properly rider height adjusted for the conditions, higher is much better for wet running, and Ferrari would of needed clear collaboration.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(19-10-2018, 06:57 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Despite it being wet, we got alot of running, I wouldnt mind the same for FP2, and FP3, mixed conditions but them out there having a go.

They'll run out of tyres though. If it doesn't dry up and allow some slick running then I fear we will see very limited running from here on in.