2018 United States GP

I'm hyped for some evening Formula 1, thats for sure. Qualy starts this time on Saturday, brilliant. Wouldn't mind another Us race, or more European night races, purely for evening viewing.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(18-10-2018, 10:03 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I'm hyped for some evening Formula 1, thats for sure. Qualy starts this time on Saturday, brilliant. Wouldn't mind another Us race, or more European night races, purely for evening viewing.

Its even worse when you live in the USA having to be up early hours of the morning or 7/8/9 in the morning I am thrilled to have a normal race time finally now I am back home in the USA Smile
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

(17-10-2018, 03:27 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Formula 1 has moved to prevent a repeat of Max Verstappen’s corner cutting controversy from last year’s United States Grand Prix by installing new kerbs at the Austin track.

I think most people already know my views on the track limits pisstaking  Disgusted

This is something which as far as I am concerned is black and white, no grey areas whatsoever. If a driver has all 4 wheels outside the white lines then he is off the track and that lap shouldn't count (for practice / qualy sessions). In the race they should employ a three strikes -> penalty.

As to physical deterrents they should be completely unnecessary. Policing it shouldn't even require steward intervention, the technology already exists to automate the policing into the lap timing. Between sensors and GPS it is possible to determine a car is positioned off the track and simple updates to timing software could automatically cancel laps in practice / qualy or increment a counter for digressions during the race.

Sort it out FIA. Makes my blood boil.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(18-10-2018, 10:03 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I'm hyped for some evening Formula 1, thats for sure. Qualy starts this time on Saturday, brilliant. Wouldn't mind another Us race, or more European night races, purely for evening viewing.

The flipside of that is young adult daughters whingeing that dad is hogging the telly  Rolleyes
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(19-10-2018, 12:06 PM)morini Wrote:  

The flipside of that is young adult daughters whingeing that dad is hogging the telly  Rolleyes

I cannot imagine you of all people have a problem dealing with that issue Smile

I am really looking forward to FP 1 more than I probably should be, could be the fact I am back home. I am expecting some serious effort being put forth by Ferrari this weekend. I would not write off Red Bull either. I think the top 6 cars will all be closer than many think. That said I still believe if Hamilton and Bottas are on song they should be the fastest of them all.

Again the midfield battles will be epic. McLaren's tyre choices are somewhat baffling, I cannot believe how far they have fallen. All the talk about having one the best chassis last year proved ultimately to be a pile of crap or a public relations disaster. Williams need to show some signs of life, Sirokin is getting more headlines than Stroll right now. On the subject of Williams I am happy to see Ocon is still in play. I seriously suspect Mercedes are applying pressure and offering lots of money to Williams behind closed doors.

Enjoy the weekend people of the Banter we only have 4 to go. Then the Likes of Forza and Foggy will fill us all with vain hopes of being great in 2019 only to fall short again. I almost feel sorry for them Smile
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Having just listened to a Robert Kubica interview there is absolutely no way he will be driving an F1 car for Williams next year unless its as a test driver.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Hahah, LEC voluntarily driving into the gravel after stopping a spin before it, next camera shot, track full of stones and BOT drivers through, now a red flag xD

Agreed NeilP that sounds to me like he's already been told he's not Williams's first choice, or even second choice. It also sounds to me like Williams actually want Ocon if they can make it work. The ball sounds like it is firmly back in Ocon's and Mercedes' court. We all want to see Ocon in that seat.

Also, what was Leclerc doing? Dragging that gravel back onto the track, having said that how silly is stopping the session for this?
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Is it me or does that Mercedes have severe oscillation along its longitude through corners? I know I said things were bumpy after apparent bump removal but not that bad, and not mid corner....

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(19-10-2018, 04:57 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Is it me or does that Mercedes have severe oscillation along its longitude through corners? I know I said things were bumpy after apparent bump removal but not that bad, and not mid corner....

Doesn't seem to be affecting Hamiltons wet lap time though. 

Hey Forza, I see Hammy has his lucky hairdo this weekend. Not looking good fella  Bigeyes
[+] 3 users Like morini's post