2018 United States GP

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...s/3196537/

Formula 1 has moved to prevent a repeat of Max Verstappen’s corner cutting controversy from last year’s United States Grand Prix by installing new kerbs at the Austin track.

Verstappen was left furious after the 2017 race when he was handed a five-second penalty – which cost him a podium finish – after he was ruled to have gained an advantage by cutting the track at Turns 16 and 17.

The Dutchman had snatched third place on the road from Kimi Raikkonen on the final lap by diving inside the Ferrari driver at the double apex right hander, but with all four wheels off the circuit he was deemed to have been in breach of the regulations.

While there was huge controversy over the incident – as Verstappen launched an attack on the stewards as to why he had been penalised and others had got away with track limits abuse – the FIA has decided to take action for this year.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Frickin too right. There should be alot more on the track aswell.
The second apex of T6 stands out, as RIC was cutting that all weekend.
Inside of 9, certainly exit of T9 to T10.
Absolutely exit of T19, that place is truly a joke, and a massive time gain going out there.

DRS Zone 1 extended by 70m, activation point moved closer to T11 hairpin.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(17-10-2018, 03:27 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Formula 1 has moved to prevent a repeat of Max Verstappen’s corner cutting controversy from last year’s United States Grand Prix by installing new kerbs at the Austin track.

[Image: DpuljPXVsAAc-Se.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Is that enough of a deterrent, doesn't look to aggressive..

Is it me or does that look like T18, first apex? Nobody goes near that apex. Ahwell, is what it is.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(17-10-2018, 07:19 PM)You forzaferrari Wrote:  
(17-10-2018, 03:27 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Formula 1 has moved to prevent a repeat of Max Verstappen’s corner cutting controversy from last year’s United States Grand Prix by installing new kerbs at the Austin track.

[Image: DpuljPXVsAAc-Se.jpg]

I thought that was a joke lol, it looks chippy as fuck, why don’t they have good old gravel traps anymore??

(17-10-2018, 08:12 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  why don’t they have good old gravel traps anymore??

^^^  This, painted run off area's are one of my pet hates.   Gross

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(17-10-2018, 08:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(17-10-2018, 08:12 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  why don’t they have good old gravel traps anymore??

^^^  This, painted run off area's are one of my pet hates.   Gross

It’s kind of  like “do not go there, but it’s ok if you do”  I blame Trump lol
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

LL, all down to safety, gravel doesnt slow the cars enough and raises the risk of cars digging in then rolling over.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-10-2018, 08:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  LL, all down to safety, gravel doesnt slow the cars enough and raises the risk of cars digging in then rolling over.

Damn you Forza lol
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

Tobi Gruner: USGP,McLaren running a new nose without vertikal strakes attached to the sides. Doesn't make it any prettier unfortunately.

[Image: DpvFg6LU0AA_q6r.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post