2018 United States GP

Think we would all like the title sorted at the last corner of the last lap, though there's enough battles going on to keep me more than interested in the rest of the season, really really hoping Ocon can beat Perez for example, as Morini (hiya) pointed to, I bet the man (apart from Lewis) who most wants it decided here is Valetteri, thinking he wants to prove a point & I don't blame him, being called a wing man hurt him, pretty sure he will be a man on a mission after this weekend, will Lewis clock off again? hoping not.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(16-10-2018, 12:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  will Lewis clock off again?.

History says he will go AWOL once the title is his. Unless the WCC is under threat he will back right off I reckon.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(16-10-2018, 01:10 PM)morini Wrote:  History says he will go AWOL once the title is his. Unless the WCC is under threat he will back right off I reckon.

Should he do so, it could blow the Fantasy League wide open.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(16-10-2018, 12:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   I bet the man (apart from Lewis) who most wants it decided here is Valetteri, thinking he wants to prove a point & I don't blame him, being called a wing man hurt him, pretty sure he will be a man on a mission after this weekend, 

Well when its done and dusted this weekend, most of us will say well VB well done, your only getting wins because Mercedes have released you from your No.2 status and the rest cannot be bothered, hollow wins regardless they mean nothing and prove nothing. His mark in F1 is marred now just another Rubens Barrichello Confused
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

So shoot me, I want Hamilton to win this weekend and I hope he seals the Championship in style. Close racing, yeah I hear it all the time but when you follow a team or a individual driver you want them to win. I am not going to be 'Politically correct" screw that I am tired of the PC world we live in today I hope Hamilton blows Vettel away. As to the celebrations, its America that is the way they do things here. Over the Top, sure to our (Note the use of the word OUR here) taste and preference it will be but it is what it is.

Will Hamilton 'disappear' after he wins the WDC, maybe, maybe not. Most people who follow the sport are aware of the fact once he wins a Championship he has never won a race. I defy anyone not to lose an edge when there is little else at stake and F1 is a sport that the smallest edge makes the biggest difference. I do wonder if the situation will arise where he can gift a win to Bottas as meaningless as that will seem to many (including me). As to Bottas and his feelings boohoo, win some races, yes you had some terrible luck but fact remains you are winless in the whole season and its not all down to luck. This is not a High School everyone gets a trophy deal.

You know there is so much whinging and whining about this sport it blows my mind, if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Everyone in F1 knows the history of the sport, knows what it is all about before they enter and God knows I am sick of fans crying like children because their teams cannot/is not winning. Said it before a million times if you want equalized racing there are plenty of other forms of racing to follow go follow them and just leave F1 alone.

Okay, feeling very feisty this morning. I am off to kick the wife and beat my little kittens and maybe have a few single malts

Ohh and ... have a nice day!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(16-10-2018, 04:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  So shoot me, I want Hamilton to win this weekend and I hope he seals the Championship in style. Close racing, yeah I hear it all the time but when you follow a team or a individual driver you want them to win. I am not going to be 'Politically correct" screw that I am tired of the PC world we live in today I hope Hamilton blows Vettel away.  As to the celebrations, its America that is the way they do things here. Over the Top, sure to our (Note the use of the word OUR here) taste and preference it will be but it is what it is.

Will Hamilton 'disappear' after he wins the WDC, maybe, maybe not. Most people who follow the sport are aware of the fact once he wins a Championship he has never won a race. I defy anyone not to lose an edge when there is little else at stake and F1 is a sport that the smallest edge makes the biggest difference. I do wonder if the situation will arise where he can gift a win to Bottas as meaningless as that will seem to many (including me). As to Bottas and his feelings boohoo, win some races, yes you had some terrible luck but fact remains you are winless in the whole season and its not all down to luck. This is not a High School everyone gets a trophy deal.

You know there is so much whinging and whining about this sport it blows my mind, if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Everyone in F1 knows the history of the sport, knows what it is all about before they enter and God knows I am sick of fans crying like children because their teams cannot/is not winning. Said it before a million times if you want equalized racing there are plenty of other forms of racing to follow go follow them and just leave F1 alone.

Okay, feeling very feisty this morning. I am off to kick the wife and beat my little kittens and maybe have a few single malts

Go Neil!! your so moneysupermarket today woohoo Smile
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(16-10-2018, 04:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Okay, feeling very feisty this morning. I am off to kick the wife 

Feisty??????? .....sounds more like a death wish to me, we will speak after you have had the frying pan surgically removed and your various other wounds heal  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(16-10-2018, 04:18 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(16-10-2018, 04:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Okay, feeling very feisty this morning. I am off to kick the wife 

Feisty??????? .....sounds more like a death wish to me, we will speak after you have had the frying pan surgically removed and your various other wounds heal  Tongue

Where do they prescribe those "hard pills"? Is it in the bottom of alcohol??
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(16-10-2018, 04:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  So shoot me, I want Hamilton to win this weekend and I hope he seals the Championship in style. Close racing, yeah I hear it all the time but when you follow a team or a individual driver you want them to win. I am not going to be 'Politically correct" screw that I am tired of the PC world we live in today I hope Hamilton blows Vettel away.  As to the celebrations, its America that is the way they do things here. Over the Top, sure to our (Note the use of the word OUR here) taste and preference it will be but it is what it is.

Neil that was definitely a “snickers” moment. Made me laugh though
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...l-preview/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post