2018 United States GP

So are we now all in agreement with me that on the current grid Seb doesn't make it into the top 5? I think next year he could very well find it difficult against Leclerc, I really do.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

I off for a celebratory bevvy (and to wind up a Lewis fan) enjoy peeps Wink

(21-10-2018, 09:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So are we now all in agreement with me that on the current grid Seb doesn't make it into the top 5? I think next year he could very well find it difficult against Leclerc, I really do.

Hard to argue against it Jody tbh

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(21-10-2018, 09:05 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ....and where did he start....18th....brilliant, much as I want a Ferrari driver win the championship I would be quite happy for Max to do it
#anyonebuthamilton  Tongue

Max was DOTD today, nobody with a brain in their head could claim otherwise. Great drive.

Kimi certanly deserved a win this season, but I ask all F1B people what is the point in him racing on with Sauber next year? Sauber get some experienced feedback, but there are so many class drivers waiting in the wings.

Hamilton mega cautious today (and who culd blame him really?)

(21-10-2018, 09:14 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I off for a celebratory bevvy (and to wind up a Lewis fan) enjoy peeps Wink

(21-10-2018, 09:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So are we now all in agreement with me that on the current grid Seb doesn't make it into the top 5? I think next year he could very well find it difficult against Leclerc, I really do.

Hard to argue against it Jody tbh

On last two seasons performance yep

Agreed. Never rated the chap. Sorry!

(21-10-2018, 09:17 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  On last two seasons performance yep

Just the last two eh? Discounting his last year at Reb Bull?

I think best to save judgement on LeClerc troubling Seb till next season, can see a few mistakes in CLC and rightly so as it’s only 2nd season in 19, I want to see if Vettel can pick himself up if he doesn’t then totally agree, right now I would prefer to see MV in the Ferrari (or Merc for that matter) than Seb he would nail that WDC I reckon.

(21-10-2018, 09:19 PM)morini Wrote:  
(21-10-2018, 09:17 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  On last two seasons performance yep

Just the last two eh? Discounting his last year at Reb Bull?

Yep I think he had moving to Ferrari on his mind or, maybe
It was the start of his downfall I don’t really know tbh?
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

I still point out that RBR from 2010 to 2013 had a similar delta gap to the rest that the Mercedes had between 2014 and 2016. It is a mathematical fact. He had s number 2 driver in Webber who was in my opinion no better than Bottas, arguably very similar levels of performance between Bottas and Webber, just solid midfield drivers, not even second tier, and how many times did he really struggle to close out the WDC? Seb is not in the same league in my opinion as the likes of Hamilton, Alonso and Verstappen. He just isn't. Again today he is super clumsy trying to get past Ricciardo who gave him more than enough room. I'd chuck Ricciardo and Leclerc ahead of him for sure as well, and arguably Ocon for me. I think Gasly might also prove to be ultimately better than him. If he's not back on it in 2019 we might see Seb retiring from F1 before Kimi Räikkönen.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Good to see EJ totally got it wrong for race prediction!! berk

So chaps, what's the maths for the last three? Vettel needs three wins with three DNF for Hamilton (I think). Or have i got that wrong? I'm not good wih numbers Wink