2018 United States GP

So with the merging Mercedes wheel hub design change before the race, one can understand why Merc had the blistering.

Could it also of led to unknown tyre wear, the drop off the HAM had starting about lap 30, could indicate that he pushed way too hard after his first stop, and the close running of laps 19-21 really destroyed his tyres, and the team didn't anticipate such severe tyre wear so left him out too long after lap 30. Then again, he just didn't have the tyre left at the end of the race, after an equal length stint, in what I think is much dirty air off the RedBull than the Ferrari earlier in the race.

Had they of had their new hubs, it could well of been a one stop under the VSC and a comfortable cruise home for HAM and Merc. Or, was it purely down to lack of Friday race sim.....

So, have we seen yet another swing of form, back to Ferrari as the quicker car. Mexico is not the ideal track to find out, lol.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Just to follow on from what Hesh, said, though perhaps, belongs more in the thec talk thread.

So SF, went back, to a configuration, they had some races back, Merc, couldn't use their fancy new wheels, for whatever, suspected reasons. Jeez, I've pissed a lot of money away, but not on that scale, LOL,

So we're pretty much now saying, that if SF had done sweet feck all development, they'd have the faster car? Meanwhile, Merc recent in season development has also been for nuaght?

What a championship it could have been, haha

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

With a season summary like that fog you could/should get yourself a job on one of the big f1 reporting sites Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Fog, not quite. When they say Ferrari reverted to their old floor, it's the one they used in Spa, Monza and Japan, and was first introduced in Spa. They've stuck with their front wing introduced in Japan and rear wing endplate design in Russia. I think much has been made of the "wrong turns" Ferrari have made, when what might be a more accurate description is that they've finally understood their designs in Austin. They can't have been that wrong if they've stuck with most of them. Plus nobody mentioned Mercedes reverted to their Spa barge board concept in Austin. The big teams always chop and change design concepts depending on circuit characteristics.

As to Mercedes wheel designs, they're legal. They've been confirmed as legal twice now after investigation. The concept on the W09 is very different to the concept on the RB8, which was banned. On the RB8 the holes were directly linked to the blown rear axle concept. They were literally a moving aerodynamic device. The Mercedes wheel design isn't linked to any axle blowing, it's linked to the break ducts and is about dissipating / distributing heat. Not sure which it is, getting rid of heat or spreading it evenly. The fact is Mercedes didn't want to win the WDC and then have to wait via the court of arbitration months later if Ferrari complained to confirm it.

Ferrari have taken the "clarification" route since Jean Today's days. He often said that he did it to waste other teams time having to defend their developments, rather than working on new ones, but also to waste their R&D money if he was lucky. It's honestly one of the reason Ferrari were so despised during his era at Maranello, and why there is residual hang over today. Also like to point out there wasn't a return to Ferrari's "double acceleration" in Austin, they were running a low downforce set up, which gave them straight line speed. So we have no idea really as to what has or hasn't happened with Ferrari, but we do know the Mercedes hates higher PSI, whereas the Ferrari can deal with it, but the RBR loves it relative to other teams.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(21-10-2018, 09:39 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
Where is Mr Paps this weekend??

Hiya all, Interweb was down, as your all aware I'm a bit of a Tech guy lol, still back on now so hoping its sorted, would have asked Morini but I couldn't get on line Haha, so anyone unhappy Kimi won? thought not...…

On the Lewis Sebastian thing, I would love to see them in the same car, or with Max, who wouldn't?  Cool 

Going to have to change my top 5 drivers thread now Fernando's gone, will wait until the end of the season, thinking Max is now no2, guess who my no1 is lol.  Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(24-10-2018, 06:25 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
, guess who my no1 is lol.  Tongue

Lance Stroll???  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Welcome back bud
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

I have never believed the internet none tech argument, just be honest paps you stuffed yourself with too many flapjacks!!!

You are beginning to sound like Vettel, too many excuses for bad performance!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(24-10-2018, 06:47 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I have never believed the internet none tech argument, just be honest paps you stuffed yourself with too many flapjacks!!!

Haha cheers guys, got to admit Neil with no internet I got well bored, was surprised how much I missed it & you lot! Aww lol Tongue

With nothing else to do I now have made lots of happy *xmas food* Haha Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Before it all goes off on Mexico GP I was just thinking this needs to be finale race not Abi Dhabi been there it’s a boring track to watch in terms of racing!! Anyway off to Mexico thread adios peeps