Ferrari

Sorry, Papa, I'm with Morini on this... Dino all the way.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(25-05-2019, 06:30 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Sorry, Papa, I'm with Morini on this... Dino all the way.

Depends how much I win of course if its the Euro million's Ill have both! Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Both nice choices tbf, the only thing I am sure of is I wouldnt pick a GTC4 Lusso....had a mooch round one last weekend....what an ugly p.o.s

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(25-05-2019, 06:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Both nice choices tbf, the only thing I am sure of is I wouldnt pick a GTC4 Lusso....had a mooch round one last weekend....what an ugly p.o.s

But that's not a proper Ferrari really. It's more of a Porsche Panamera competitor what with being a full 4 seater. I's still give one drive space though! :-) Just for the naturally aspirated V12 if not for the rest of it. Turbos are a fantastic innovation (they are *the* only reason diesel is even viable in modern cars) and I have owned many turbo petrol cars over the years, but you can't beat a naturally aspirated multi cylinder engine for a pure driving experience. A naturally aspirated V8 or V12, preferably with correct wheel drive (which the GTC isn't) and you have driving bliss.

I fondly remember (back in the early 80's) trying to impress my then girlfiend in my dad's Rover V8 SDi Vitesse, that car was fast in its day and superb fun to drive. I was trying to lose a guy on a GPZ900R kwak and was doing quite well until I came to a roundabout needing to turn right on to a dual carriageway. Ended up facing the wrong way with the bike passing me (probably laughing his cock off) on the inside. Quick 3 point turn later, we still made it to the cinema to watch Scarface (say hellooo to my leeettle friend):-) Great memories! And I married her 5 years later!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Blind stubbornness or wisdom?

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/39952...ro-design/

Binotto seems to believe very strongly that it is mechanical grip and suspension / drivability of the engine that is hurting Ferrari. Who the hell are we the question one of the most respected engineers in F1? Trouble is if those are the issues Ferrari have, they are relatively easy to work round, Mercedes did so in 2017, and eventually started putting it right mid way through the European season. Obviously we don't know how big the issues are for Ferrari, their suspension geometry could be completely wrong. However, I have a sneaky suspicion with how there car looks through low and medium corners especially that they're having aero detaching problems, and he needs to wake up to that possibility before Paul Riccard, Austria and especially Silverstone, because if he realises it after these tracks Ferrari will be well off the pace at those 3 tracks. I'm worried for Ferrari, RBR are slowly working on their car and it's starting to look a very tidy package. I can't believe Mercedes will stand still. If what Binotto is saying is true, then Canada could be a disaster for them as they're going to struggle through the high speed corners and coming out of the hairpin not be able to get the power down as quickly as other teams. So if Ferrari get spanked in Canada then yes, Binotto's analysis is probably right, if however they're competitive it's an aero issue. But seeing how Seb just kept drifting wide and into the walls and the car didn't want to turn for him in Monaco, maybe Binotto is right, or Seb is just shyte.

(posting here as opposed to Monaco thread)

Neil, going forward I think the top table needs to delicately have the conversation with Binotto ensuring he sees the need to bring in a "team leader" freeing himself to do what he does best....wearing many hats isnt/wasnt the right move for Binotto....the problem in my eyes would be making him understand this would not be a demotion. Next up (in an ideal world) I would be getting Giovanazzi back in the sim at any cost, we seen and heard all last season just how much work this guy was putting in (especially) on a Friday evening to turn around issues the drivers where experiencing in FP 1 & 2 (I havent read or heard anything positive nor negative about Pascal/Hartley) .....not sure how Alfa would feel about my 2nd suggestion though Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

The truth is Giovinazzi is known in the paddock as a supremely gifted technician. He understands the technical stuff, he's already impressed Kimi in that regard. He was a big loss to Ferrari, and Merc picked Ocon over Wehrlein because the Frenchman is supposedly the better development driver, and like Giovinazzi gets it.

However, it's not like Hartley and Wehrlein are poor drivers who don't know what they're doing. Hartley supposedly is a good development driver, TR have confirmed that, but I just don't think anyone could sort the Ferrari out in a simulator. The issue is a serious one, their philosophy is wrong, we all know it.

Binotto needs to step down from the team principle role. He's not up to it, and it's clear, he needs to go back to his engineering department and Ferrari need to bring in a new team principle who can sort this mess out, and this time if they say they need to shake things up like Arrivabene did, bust some chops, cut some flab, well, they need to let them do it.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(27-05-2019, 11:48 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Next up (in an ideal world) I would be getting Giovanazzi back in the sim at any cost

Wasn't it Kvyat who ironed out issues for Vettel in the sim last year? Or have I git that wrong?

(27-05-2019, 03:02 PM)morini Wrote:  Wasn't it Kvyat who ironed out issues for Vettel in the sim last year? Or have I git that wrong?

Yes the torpedo also done a lot of sim work and was highly praised by the team but Gio was the one credited with the turnarounds from Fri to Sat.

Italian media has reported that Charles Leclerc is already considering a future in Formula 1 away from Ferrari, just six races into his career with the Scuderia. Leclerc endured a miserable Monaco Grand Prix, retiring in the early stages after a qualifying blunder eliminated him in Q1.

According to Formula Passion Leclerc's all-or-nothing efforts from 15th on the grid, which cost him when he damaged his car trying to pass Nico Hulkenberg at La Rascasse, went against the wishes of Ferrari bosses, who thought points were still on for the home driver.

The report reads: "Relations between Maranello and the Monegasque's management are already close to breaking point."
Leclerc has been a member of Ferrari's academy since 2016, but growing frustrations could pique the interest of the Scuderia's rivals.

Formula Passion's report continued: "The first 10 laps of Charles Leclerc's race in the Principality race with overtaking at Loews and Rascasse, yes full of fury, but also a silent revolt towards a management repeatedly penalising him.

"It was a 'scream' that crossed the paddock and found ears ready to listen to it. In particular, the interest of a top-level team with potential availability towards him took shape late on Sunday."