Grosjean and Magnussen retained

The rumours are it will be rookies......would be hard to bypass the experience of Hulk and Perez though.....guess it will come down to how much pressure Ferrari applied to have FDA lads in the seat(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-10-2020, 09:33 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The rumours are it will be rookies......would be hard to bypass the experience of Hulk and Perez though.....guess it will come down to how much pressure Ferrari applied to have FDA lads in the seat(s)

I’d imagine Perez’s money wouldn’t be sniffed at he brings strong sponsorship from Mexico,god knows where that money’s been!! Nevertheless I’m hedging my bet on Schwartzmann and or Ilott/Mazepin.

There’s quite a lot of Rumours going around about Mazepins old man looking to buy maybe Haas will sell up??
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(22-10-2020, 09:33 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The rumours are it will be rookies......would be hard to bypass the experience of Hulk and Perez though.....guess it will come down to how much pressure Ferrari applied to have FDA lads in the seat(s)

FDA drivers seems most likely at this point if there is no team buyout. Hulk is fancying Albons seat and (if the rumours are true) the venture capitalists are after Perez (at Russells expense) because of his sponsorship beans. Also rumours that Mazepin might buy the Haas team for his son. Sad world.

If Haas are not bought out and do put two FDA drivers in the car then I bet Illot misses out. Gunther already said he wasn't on the list and I think he is every bit as good as the other two going on the F2 races I have managed to watch this year.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Really weird silly season. But then it isn't exactly a run of the mill year.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 2 users Like The Professor's post

Grojean & Kmag reactions

https://twitter.com/i/status/1319282746733121542

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I think both of them won't return in F1. Not good enough and a lot of young guns coming up that are going to need a seat as well.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

Grosjean recalled his immediate thoughts in the accident, conceding that it felt longer than the 28-second period from impact to him getting out of the car.

(AutoSport worth a read)

"I don't know if the word miracle exists or if it can be used, but in any case I would say it wasn't my time [to die]," Grosjean told TF1.

"It felt much longer than 28 seconds. I see my visor turning all orange, I see the flames on the left side of the car.

I thought about a lot of things, including Niki Lauda, and I thought that it wasn't possible to end up like that, not now. I couldn't finish my story in Formula 1 like that.

"And then, for my children, I told myself that I had to get out. I put my hands in the fire, so I clearly felt it burning on the chassis.

"I got out, then I felt someone pulling on the suit, so I knew I was out."

Grosjean revealed that his five-year-old son, Simon, believes he has "magical powers" and that he has a "magical love shield" that protected him.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

RG's interview on Sky FP2 program. Emotional! Particularly the part where he said he at one point accepted he was going to die but said "no, I'm not going to die today because of my kids".

Powerful stuff!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(04-12-2020, 02:15 PM)morini Wrote:  RG's interview on Sky FP2 program. Emotional! Particularly the part where he said he at one point accepted he was going to die but said "no, I'm not going to die today because of my kids".

Powerful stuff!

Came in to say the same, very moving.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Romain Grosjean is returning to Switzerland to continue with his recovery and will not attend next weeks Abu Dhabi GP, Pietro Fittipaldi will remain in the seat.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post