2018 Japanese GP

(10-10-2018, 02:12 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  But this sounds a whole fuck load better

https://youtu.be/WzK9WPUNAWs

More telemetry on a lap from 1991 than there is on one from 2018............

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Toto Wolff weighed in on the telemetry Hesh at an event in Germany apparently, he said the teams already have it all any way so he doesn't understand why some "teams" are blocking it. There you have it, some F1 teams are blocking the GPS and trace feeds being released. We know that Mercedes, Red Bull and Renault are OK with it as they often share their respective telemetry via their social media... so I wonder who it is blocking it... hmmm... and why wouldn't they want fans to see it?
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Really? Are fans really that lethal, compared to your the teams? We get live onboard telemetry graphics, its a shambles ain't it. Did Liberty give them the option to block it, because this is the first season we have been without that I can 'member. Heres praying someone gets their act together and it comes back in spades next season.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(11-10-2018, 08:12 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Are fans really that lethal, compared to your the teams?
Teams have always been able to veto information apparently someone was saying on another site to me, it's right their in the concorde agreement. As to your question, I don't think Ferrari or McLaren or whoever would necessarily be worried by us fans pouring over the data, but some of the sports technical journalists / ex team members now writing for motorsport magazines / websites pouring over the data? Yeah, maybe I'd be worried, because they'll be able to put 2 and 2 together and come up with a convincing argument as to why it equals 4. That could do some reputational damage, and corporations do not like reputational damage.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post