2018 Russian GP

Well then well then. Prior to this weekend (Singapore) I would have argued that Ferrari would carry the slight advantage into this race weekend. However, it seems to me that Mercedes might have sorted out their issues with the slower corners, if they have and it doesn't compromise their mid to high speed corner performance then the Silver cars could be mighty in Sochi. Not sure I'll watch the race though, I hate the track probably more than Singapore, at least Singapore is wealthy enough to afford fireworks... I think the Russians throw some potatoes and turnips in the air at the end of the race... just hate the track sorry.

Still, if Lewis yet again extends his lead at the top of the championship in Russia, expect it all to be over, because I have no doubt Lewis will finish Vettel off afterwatds in Suzuka and CotA.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

I’m not keen on Sochi either although I wouldn’t mind going there in Ski season Smile hard to see past Lewis/Mercedes for me. I almost feel the season is over tbh, still we were wrong about Singapoo so let’s get ready for some “twists and turns” sorry couldn’t resist haha
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

Who needs fireworks when you have the Vostok war games.....

[Image: C-lTHuJXgAAiZvK.jpg]
[Image: JEGVhYp.png]

[Image: 13809_RU-PitStopSummary-EN-750.jpg]

[Image: image.png]
Damn this track diagram is ugly as sin, and they have removed elevation data. Yet more information ripped from fans by Liberty media and F1 current publication and presentation.
[Image: DnY4SSiXoAE1VTz.jpg]

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I'm actually hoping for some twists and turns, but if the Mercedes has sorted out their slow corner woes... well... you'd have to favour Lewis at the next 3 races.

Lewis won the first one (IIRC?), but he's also had a bad race there. I dislike the track, but will confess it holds extra intrigue this year. I feel it is Vettels last chance to keep the 2018 championship alive.

I'm very wary of the dodgy sites you boys keep pointing me at  Skeptical , but I think I might have to risk it to try to catch some of the Sochi weekend whilst on the move. If my phone catches a dose of digital gonorrhea from these sites I will be hunting you down!  Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

So Monster i forget is this traditionally a one/two or three stop, i know its a new circuit but i pay little attention to this GP as it sucks imo of course
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

Lotus - Its a one stop and if allowed (which it is not) it could be a none stop!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(18-09-2018, 05:47 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Lotus - Its a one stop and if allowed (which it is not) it could be a none stop!!!!

Cheers Neil, so what’s the point of Hypers?? That said Kimi and Ricc kept them going well beyond our expectations
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(18-09-2018, 06:01 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(18-09-2018, 05:47 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Lotus - Its a one stop and if allowed (which it is not) it could be a none stop!!!!

Cheers Neil, so what’s the point of Hypers?? That said Kimi and Ricc kept them going well beyond our expectations

Based on past experience I would say the race can be run one stop Hyper Soft - Ultra Soft. The track is very easy on tyres for the most part. Ferrari again have gone with just one set of Softs as indeed have many others. So the teams are looking to complete the race on the fastest tyre choice hence the Hyper Soft selection.

I think this track will suit Ferrari more than the last two, as to who has the fastest car, who knows and who cares they are so close its all about who drives better on the day/ get lady luck on their side/get the tyre stop done well.

I dont even think qualifying is hyper important 2/3 on grid puts you in a good position to get a huge tow on the opening part of the lap very similar in some ways to the Kemmel straight at Spa. Bottas won from 3rd last year passing both Ferrari's on that opening stretch

I really think the strategy is going to depend on the weather. We've previously been to Russia prior to the summer break right? Like, before the European season, it was the fourth race last year wasn't it? So the temps at Russia previous have been quite mild. It could be a hell of a lot cooler there this time of year, but I'm not really sure. However, it's hardly a tyre eating monster, and if it eats any tyres it's the front tyres. My guess here though as the faster cars can actually stretch their legs is that we might see the yop teams able to qualify on the Ultrasofts. If the temperatures are cold though we could witness graining, especially on cars that struggle to heat their tyres.

In all honesty though, the speculation about Russia is probably more exciting than the Russian GP.