F1 team comparison

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/revea...e/3174238/

Revealed: How wheelbase/rake of F1's top teams compare.

This weekend's Singapore Grand Prix marks the return of the proper downforce battle in Formula 1 – after the low-drag challenges of Spa and Monza.

The formbook for the weekend remains unclear at the moment, with Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull all having a decent claim about coming out on top around the Marina Bay street circuit.

Red Bull will be buoyed by its dominant form around Monaco earlier this year, while Ferrari has shown itself to have a quick car at all types of circuit.
And while Mercedes may not he heading there feeling it is favourite, its brilliant execution of races this year has been key to its world title ambitions.

What has been particularly interesting this year, however, is that despite the closeness of the fight at the front, the top three teams have approached the season with different concepts – which is highlighted in their varied rake and wheelbases.
In this exclusive video, Giorgio Piola looks at how the three teams compare – with some interesting differences between them.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

I can only read that down to the table of 2017/2018 cars (I assume theres more to the article)?

Anyway, what the table says is both Ferrari and RBR have increased theor wheelbases this year while Mercedes have more or les stuck with what they had in 2017.

(10-09-2018, 11:24 AM)morini Wrote:  (I assume theres more to the article)?

Ok, when I posted I copy/pasted down to a chart, thinking this would be enough for people to make up their minds up if they wanted to go to the link.

When I looked back there is that small chart & bugger all else, took me by surprise that lol.

Still surprised by the difference between the three cars, I mean three different philosophy's & on good days very little between the three different idea's.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

They are a bit slow on the "reporting".....Jody told us all this months ago lol

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I'm always surprised that 10 different outfits receive the same rule book and produce entirely different cars yet still all within 1% of each other. It's a testament to the FIA in developing a close series, and to the teams for extracting every ounce of performance

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 6 users Like Purple-banana's post

(10-09-2018, 01:23 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  I'm always surprised that 10 different outfits receive the same rule book and produce entirely different cars yet still all within 1% of each other. It's a testament to the FIA in developing a close series, and to the teams for extracting every ounce of performance

Indeed it is but lets also recognise the amazing engineers who come up with all the different ways to achieve just a roughly 1% difference. It kind of reminds me about the difference between human beings and chimpanzees or between Ferrari and Mercedes fans (Mercedes fans of course being the more intelligent of the two). As for Renault fans well they are a side shoot drifting off to a dead end species, and dont even get me started on McLaren fans Smile
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post