Toro Rosso

I actually fully expect Kvyat (reliability not withstanding) to wipe the floor with Albon. That was Albon's second full year in F2 and he had drives in seasons before that, so he was pretty experienced, and in a good team, but was shown up by two rookies. He had some good drives this year, no question, but overall I'm not massively impressed with him. However, he's got his opportunity in F1 now, and it is up to him to take it
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-...t/4318247/

Toro Rosso spent €2m on crash damage in 2018.

Toro Rosso spent more than €2million because of a number of heavy crashes its drivers suffered during the 2018 Formula 1 season.

The Red Bull junior team ended its first year with Honda ninth in the constructors’ championship after scoring 33 points, earning a best result of fourth with Pierre Gasly.

Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost has revealed that the opposite end of its fortunes were several costly shunts, including first-lap accidents for Gasly in Spain and Brendon Hartley in Canada.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

They really did bare the brunt of the biggest accidents, when the gearbox and rear wheels snapped off the car was brutal to watch.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Brendon Hartley had a fair few massive shunts in practices too. But Gasly's car was a complete write off after Moanjean's antics in Spain. There was also Leclerc smashing into Hartley a race later in Monaco. Yeah, to be honest I'm surprised it only cost them €2m.

Toro Rosso’s use of a complete Red Bull rear end in 2019 will be a “big advantage” for Honda as it prepares to supply two Formula 1 teams again...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda...r/4319595/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well it make sense for TR to use as much RBR tech as possible, it'll also help Honda develop their engine around a tighter concept. It'll be interesting to see where Honda start 2019 in relative performance to Mercedes and Ferrari. I'm hoping they can make it a three way battle.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3933/...so-target/

Red Bull could not afford to stump up enough cash to bring Sebastien Buemi back to Formula 1 for 2019 at Toro Rosso, motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko has revealed. Buemi spent three years at the Red Bull junior team from 2009-2011 and has enjoyed great success since leaving he premier class.

The Swiss was recently confirmed as Red Bull's reserve driver for an eighth season in a row – a role he has held onto consistently since leaving Toro Rosso.

Although he has not made a comeback to the F1 grid, Buemi's career has gone from strength to strength, with title in the World Endurance Championship (2014) and Formula E (2016) having followed.

Another WEC title with Toyota is on the cards this year, having won the Le Mans 24 Hours alongside Fernando Alonso in 2018.

Toro Rosso's line-up is completely changed for next year, with the returning Daniil Kvyat to be paired with Alexander Albon – another driver coming back under the Red Bull umbrella.

However, it appears that Buemi might have been ahead of one or both of them in the pecking order, had Red Bull been able to afford him.
"He earns very, very good money in Formula E," Marko told Motorsport-Total.

"He's in a happy environment. We could not offer him the same salary he earns in Formula E and the World Endurance Championship at Toro Rosso."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I was listening to Will Buxtons pre-race show yesterday and he mention the possibility of Daniil Kvyat being promoted to the Red Bull senior team ala Max Verstappen in the past as Gasly is not progressing very well and is consistently 0.5 second behind Max.

Any one think this will happen?  I guess it could based on past history but it seems a bit of a stretch to me at this stage of the season. Maybe later on if Gasly does not show improvement.  I think Red Bull could be in a bad place driverwise in the next few seasons they almost have to hang on to Max Verstappen or they may become a much lesser force in the near future.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(21-06-2019, 08:56 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I was listening to Will Buxtons pre-race show yesterday and he mention the possibility of Daniil Kvyat being promoted to the Red Bull senior team ala Max Verstappen in the past as Gasly is not progressing very well and is consistently 0.5 second behind Max.

Any one think this will happen?  I guess it could based on past history but it seems a bit of a stretch to me at this stage of the season. Maybe later on if Gasly does not show improvement.  I think Red Bull could be in a bad place driverwise in the next few seasons they almost have to hang on to Max Verstappen or they may become a much lesser force in the near future.

Kvyat V Verstappen

Would be very ironic as Max took Daniils place and demoted him back to Torro Rosso in 2016 (IIRC?). Me, I don't think Kvyat is a top drawer driver, but I do think he would get more out of the current Red Bull car than Gasly is doing this season. For me Gasly is a bit out of his depth in a top 3 team. Give him a few more years to develop and maybe he can deliver? I say "maybe" because the very best in this sport can deliver straight away. Gasly has disspointed on that front.

Red Bull obviously rated Daniil Kvyat as he was promoted to the top team before Max arrived on the team. However, as long as Helmut Marko has an arse in his mouth hole in his arse no other driver will get equal status to Max at Red Bull.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

motorsport.com

The Toro Rosso Formula 1 entry will change its name to AlphaTauri next season if rival teams approve a request to do so.
Red Bull’s junior team has been on the grid since 2006, after the energy drinks company bought and rebranded Minardi.

It has raced as Scuderia Toro Rosso every year since then, using an Italian translation of Red Bull as its name to honour the new team’s Italian predecessor and headquarters.

Red Bull has used Toro Rosso to give its proteges race experience in F1, with the likes of four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel and current Red Bull star Max Verstappen having competed for the junior team.

It has also used Toro Rosso to advertise different products, such as Red Bull’s cola and tonic drinks.
Now, Motorsport.com sources have confirmed the team has requested to be rebranded in the name of Red Bull’s AlphaTauri fashion label, which was launched two years ago.

AlphaTauri is named after a star in the Taurus constellation, one of the oldest group of stars in the known universe.

A name change requires both the approval of the commercial rights holder and a favourable vote of the F1 Commission.

That will include an e-vote between teams, which is yet to be completed.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post