Sergio Perez signs new Force India contract for F1 2019 season
Perez signs one-year extension at Force India, who are expected to name Stroll as his team-mate; Three seats remaining on 2019 grid

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...019-season

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

There was a bit of me hoping Perez was going to get the push after Mexico, with Ocon getting the drive, never mind lol.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(18-10-2018, 04:38 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  There was a bit of me hoping Perez was going to get the push after Mexico, with Ocon getting the drive, never mind lol.

Much prefer Ocon myself but we all know money talks loudest in this game unfortunately.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I guess spear heading and instigating the saving of a racing team, will get you the one year deal.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(18-10-2018, 07:18 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I guess spear heading and instigating the saving of a racing team, will get you the one year deal.

Exactly my thoughts Monster, payback!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ocon-...z/4325168/

Sergio Perez believes his ex-Formula 1 teammate Esteban Ocon's year on the sidelines in 2019 can "definitely hurt him more than it can benefit him".

Ocon will work as Mercedes' reserve driver after failing to land a race seat due to a bizarre sequence of events.

Perez, who has partnered the likes of 2009 world champion Jenson Button and Renault driver Nico Hulkenberg, said Ocon needs to be more mature.

"I rate quite highly all my team-mates," said Perez. "They are all different. But the one that I rate the most is Hulkenberg and I think Esteban is there, he is in that group.

"I think he is lacking some maturity still, but I think that will come with the time."

Starting to look like Sergio's head is so far up Lawrence's butt he can see out of his ears...     Tongue Laughing

Perez praises Lawrence Stroll’s motivation.

Racing Point driver Sergio Perez has described team owner Lawrence Stroll as “probably the most motivated person we have”.

“He’s very enthusiastic, he’s probably the most motivated person we have in the garage right now,” Perez told Formula 1’s Tom Clarkson in his Beyond the Grid podcast.

“He says that this is a project that has motivated him the most in his whole life, it’s the project that gets him up at six in the morning and he’s flat out trying to go through everything.

“He’s pushing the team very very hard, but at the same time he’s letting Otmar [Szafnauer – team principal] and the big boys do their job, but we are all aware that we have to give the results sooner rather than later.

“He loves racing, I’m surprised with his energy and how much he wants his team to be successful.”

With his son Lance Stroll partnering Perez for 2019, the Mexican hopes he can get involved with the “family business” feel.

“He obviously wants his son to be very successful, which is in my benefit as well because he’s definitely putting all the resources in place,”

“Lance is just a normal guy, a normal driver. He works very hard, he’s also very talented and I have a very good relationship with him.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Brown nosing weasel. He was on his way out of FI, and brought the whole thing down. He sounds like such a little toady now. However, he's still handing Lance his ass on a plate every weekend.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(20-04-2019, 10:57 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Brown nosing weasel. He was on his way out of FI, and brought the whole thing down. He sounds like such a little toady now. However, he's still handing Lance his ass on a plate every weekend.

Ocon should be in Perez seat though, given that Lance isn't going anywhere while dads money is doing thetalking. I must be missing something as a lot of pundits highly rated Perez when he came in. For me he's shown not very much at all in F1.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Sergio Perez will continue with the Racing Point Formula 1 team next season, taking his spell with the Silverstone-based team into a seventh year and beyond.  (Motorsport)

Perez has inked a three-year deal with Racing Point, which will keep him at the outfit through to 2022, likely alongside teammate Lance Stroll.

"I’m very excited to extend my partnership with the team for the next three years," Perez said.