Lotus - Good, bad or indifferent fact is he is a Mercedes driver why should they just give him up after all the time and investment in him... just to please other people or teams?

I dont think he is a world beater either but I think he is a very good driver who is in my eyes at least going to be better than Bottas and who knows what his ceiling can be until he gets into a top rated car we will never know.

he sure is Neil and currently without a seat let’s see how it works out for him? Another Wherlein possibly

Ocon is confirmed at Williams, you heard it here first, courtesy of Eddie Jordan. Hope I haven't shot myself in the foot on that one, lol, but he seemed pretty convinced, a done deal, as he said Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Fog, yeah, I've heard it's engines and two year contract, but Mercedes retaining a release clause. I think we'll then see the two Merc juniors fighting it out in the Williams to see who takes the second Merc seat in 2021. Still think Mercedes need a full junior team like Ferrari and Red Bull long term.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Some are saying should Williams get the Rich Engery sponsorship it could help Ocon get the Williams seat. No UK sponsor will want a Russian driver, go with a timely French ally : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Monster Hesh, I expected him to come back somewhere with a sponsorship deal, he is the sort of guy who holds onto a grudge, and boy does he have a grudge against Perez and FI over what happened. According to VJ the deal was done and just needed finalising when Perez triggered the Administration proceedings.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Mercedes motorsport chief Toto Wolff has confirmed that Esteban Ocon will be the works team's Formula 1 reserve in 2019 rather than racing.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ocon-...9/4302405/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Hmm... and Bottas' bowels visibly loosened when he heard the news. Bottas is on borrowed time at Mercedes. When Toto said he'd be ready to step in should anything happen to either driver, I thought "here we go" get ready for an early exit Bottas.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Burn!

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1065994633023578112

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Loving Toto`s `we are not amused face` Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post