Nico Hulkenberg

(26-08-2018, 06:46 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(26-08-2018, 06:41 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Hope fog kept his trade completed, and didnt take on my words......

LOL! not me, we have a rivalry! I'm hoping Nico is Fog's captain...….     Laughing 

Sorry Fog.... Haha      Angel

No idea how this affects me Paps, I kept both Renault cars, but had Gasly for this race, instead of the Hulk, finished 9th, to be honest, haven't been keeping too close an eye on it, as almost every change I've made was the wrong one, for once I got it right for this race Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(26-08-2018, 06:53 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(26-08-2018, 06:41 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Hope fog kept his trade completed, and didnt take on my words......

No idea how this affects me Paps, I kept both Renault cars, but had Gasly for this race, instead of the Hulk, finished 9th, to be honest, haven't been keeping too close an eye on it, as almost every change I've made was the wrong one, for once I got it right for this race  Smile

Bugger, was hoping you still had Nico as your captain, not very sporting I know but all's fair in love/war/rivalry's lol.   

Edit, forgot,  "for once I got it right for this race"   nice one bud.     Winkblink
 Stoned

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(26-08-2018, 07:01 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(26-08-2018, 06:53 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  

No idea how this affects me Paps, I kept both Renault cars, but had Gasly for this race, instead of the Hulk, finished 9th, to be honest, haven't been keeping too close an eye on it, as almost every change I've made was the wrong one, for once I got it right for this race  Smile

Bugger, was hoping you still had Nico as your captain, not very sporting I know but all's fair in love/war/rivalry's lol.   

Edit, forgot,  "for once I got it right for this race"   nice one bud.     Winkblink
 Stoned

Ahh - hahahaha - hahahaha - sorry, I totally forgot about "Team Captain" when I made the trade, sorry Bud, just checked, My team captain is listed as . . . . . . Sebastian Vettel, ding ding

Please tell me you had LeClerc, haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140549...-ricciardo

Nico Hulkenberg thinks he may have to "find another gear" in order to beat Daniel Ricciardo at the Renault Formula 1 team next season.

The German ended the season with more 'Class B' victories than any other midfield runner and was the highest-placed driver behind the Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull contenders in the overall standings with 69 points.

Hulkenberg said he is excited about the prospect of being joined by former Red Bull driver Ricciardo for 2019 as it will give him a chance to prove himself alongside a race winner, but conceded he may need to lift his game.

"Bring it on - we all cook with water, I'm not scared of anyone," said Hulkenberg about facing Ricciardo next year.   

Cool

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

It does give the chance to answer some questions about Nico, but to draw conclusions until at least the summer break would be wrong, imo. Even then I'd be more interested in how they compete against each at the start of 2020 should Renault retain Hulk. So DRic is bedded in and a much more neutral start.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hulkenburg is a good solid driver. I don't personally think he was ever going to be a threat to the top drivers in F1, not just because of his size, but also because of his skill level. He's one of those firm top of midfield drivers, who find themselves in awkward positions. Good enough maybe to be a number 2 at a leading team, but not necessarily consistently so (personally think Bottas is in this category), but good enough to lead a midfield team. It will be interesting to see how Hulkenburg Vs Ricciardo plays out. I really don't think Ricciardo will have it all his own way... however, I do expect the Australian to have the clear edge... if he doesn't then how do we reappraise both of them? With Hesh though, it'll take some time for Ricciardo to adjust to life in Renault, so if by the start of the European season it's neck and neck, we can't draw any conclusions.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(06-12-2018, 12:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Bring it on - we all cook with water,  . . .

I'm a big Hulk fan, but I think I've identified his problem, this is what he needs to cook with to beat Danny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN7H2l2du9I

Smile

[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

‘Red Bull in talks with Hulkenberg for 2020 drive’

[b]Red Bull have begun negotiations with Nico Hulkenberg for 2020 drive, that’s the latest rumours in the Italian media.[/b]
Red Bull were forced into changing their driver line-up ahead of this year’s championship when Daniel Ricciardo shocked the Milton Keynes squad by refusing a new one-year and instead signing with Renault.

Red Bull turned to Toro Rosso driver Pierre Gasly to partner Max Verstappen but, at the time, team boss Christian Horner admitted they were promoting the Frenchman a year earlier than they wanted to.

Six races into the campaign and it is clear why Red Bull were hesitant to promote Gasly.
ADVERTISING
He has struggled to match team-mate Max Verstappen and, more often than not, has been last of the top three teams’ drivers – if even that.
But while Gasly has shown signs of improvement in the last two races, Red Bull are hedging their bets and looking for a “back up” solution.
According to the Italian edition of Motorsport.com, Red Bull do not have full confidence in Gasly’s ability to match Verstappen and therefore help them challenge for the World titles.
Enter Hulkenberg.

The report claims that Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko is interested in Hulkenberg for a 2020 drive and initiated talks at last weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix.

Not only is Marko impressed with Hulkenberg’s pace versus his new team-mate, former Red Bull driver Ricciardo but signing the German would also be the last salvo in Red Bull’s war with Renault.
The end decision, though, will be dependent on Gasly and how he performs over the next few months.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think Hulkenberg actually deserves a shot at a big team, I think Ricciardo is probably kicking himself for leaving RBR now, but I'd also point and be cautionary about the Hulk, now Ricciardo has got used to the team, and the car he's starting to boss things there.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

2019 Bahrain Race thread
29-03-2019, 09:53 PM

(29-03-2019, 09:53 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Finally, Hulk to RedBull next year : P

Called it  : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post