Nico Hulkenberg

(28-10-2019, 01:23 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  No we won't it was an autocorrect mistake on my phone, should read *hasn't earned all the hype, given what I've said in the past and this thread the mistake should have been clear. Wink

Ah, yes, a typo. That makes sense as I was confused Wink

Don't blame me for being slow on the uptake, I'm not thinking straight as I still haven't got over yesterday.

Back on the subject of Hulk, do you think this might be his last year in F1?

I think Albon gets the RBR seat, and Latifi the Williams drive because his daddy will pay for it. The only possible option for him is then Alfa Romeo... but Ferrari hold the option for the seat there, and they already announced Giovinazzi, so yeah, I guess he's out. Maybe Mercedes will pick him up as a reserve / SIM driver given they've lost Ocon to Renault.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Nico Hulkenberg will make his Formula 1 comeback next year with Haas after being announced in race seat for 2023.

Steiner made it clear that Hulkenberg's experience was key to him getting the nod and returning to F1 full-time after three years out.

“I’m naturally very pleased to be welcoming Nico Hulkenberg back to a full-time racing role in F1,” Steiner said.

“The experience and knowledge base Nico brings to the team is clear to see – with nearly 200 career starts in F1 – and a reputation as being a great qualifier and a solid, reliable racer.

“These are attributes, which when you pair them together with Kevin Magnussen’s experience, gives us a very credible and well-seasoned driver line-up which we believe will help push the team onwards up the grid.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Haas boss Guenther Steiner prevented the move of Nico Hulkenberg to Alfa Romeo in 2024 as a replacement for Zhou Guanyu, reports have claimed.

Blick report that, before confirming Zhou Guanyu and Valtteri Bottas as their official drivers for 2024, Alfa Romeo considered other options.

Among the options they considered were Aston Martin's reserve driver and Formula 2 champion Felipe Drugovich, as well as Haas driver Hulkenberg. According to the Swiss paper, the German driver was one of Alfa Romeo's favourite choices, but the signing could not materialise due to Steiner's veto, with the fiery team boss deciding to renew his two drivers for 2024 a couple of weeks ago.

Hulkenberg already raced with Peter Sauber's team back in 2013, a team that starting from 2026 will compete under the Audi brand. The current Haas driver revealed on the official F1 podcast 'Beyond the Grid' that he found that project very appealing, especially considering it's a German manufacturer.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

The Hulk has done well on his return. Worthy of his place on the grid. Good driver who can be very good on his day. Should never really have lost his place.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Nico Hulkenberg has issued an apology to Sergio Perez fans after he was accused of using a Mexican stereotype to poke fun at the Red Bull driver at the Australian Grand Prix.

After an on-track incident during qualifying, the Haas driver joked that his counterpart had 'taken a Mexican siesta'

I am of Celtic blood I would like to apologise for the rape, pillage & war mongering my ancestors did over 1000yrs ago.   Shutup

Where the feck does this wokery bollox end?...    Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post