2018 Italian GP

[Image: Dl7Aix8XoAAWh6e.jpg]

ARARRAGGGAGAH, How the fuck can this shit still be an issue. All I want to know is what tyres were used. Did Kimi only use one set of inters the whole session? His early pace seemed very poor, but then came back at the end, but his tyres didnt look new so maybe very high fuel runs. This sport just doesn't want fans to know anything.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

just tuned in and about to say the Ferrari is looking good....as Seb goes arse first through parabolica....will be keeping my mouth shut from here onwards Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well, I saw nothing today that has made me change my opinion on the race to come its Ferrari's to lose. The big question for me remains can Hamilton get second from Raikkonen. That in of itself is making assumptions, we saw Vettel have a moment today Hamilton could well have a meltdown this weekend. His weakness if he has any to me is his mental ability he may well need to accept he cannot win this weekend and rather than push too hard just accept it and play the long game. There is a very long way to go.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Last update I seen gives rain tomorrow most of the day (oh sh*t!!!!) but dry throughout Sunday thankfully Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(31-08-2018, 06:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  but dry throughout Sunday thankfully Wink

Bugger lol.   Winkblink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Let it shine let it shine Smile
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

There is no saving us this week papa, we got to grin and bear it and hope Mercedes can make some improvements before Sochi and Suzuka.

It may be a good idea to double dose on the flapjacks (where do I place my order?) Smile
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

[Image: Dl72RLhXgAEighG.jpg]

[Image: Dl8t603WwAEfm4z.jpg]

McLaren bottom of the pile, they have literally slowed since last year. What a sight.

VET theoretical lap is super quick compared to the others, but he couldn't string all sector together leaving most time on the table. As expected in FP sessions, and I'm sure he'll clean that up, like he always does come qually.
Note Ferrari's advantage in S2. S2 has alot of time to gain through the Lesmo's so downforce is needed, especially to carry speed through T7 to maximise the back straight. So one could say, Ferrari are running the higher downforce levels, yet maintaining high top speeds really is testament to the efficiency Ferrari have packed onto that car since launch. Thats all before low fuel and engines modes get invloved. So some mega pace for the home side. Solid race pace aswell, as RAI really got some data on probably the race critical tyre, the softs.

Mercedes, BOT really struggling compared to HAM, maybe he was running heavy all day, or I guess its wingman time for sure from here on out. Even then, would he be useful in the challenge for top spot? Merc just seem to far back to think about it, on race pace they were equally slower than Ferrari, or are they starting to play tricks and hide pace? quick laps came at the end of stints..... 
Going by the season so far, Merc will probably get the win. Hell, even RedBull, who as expected just weren't in touch, not in one lap, and pretty much the same relative deficit in race pace.

Sauber troubles after bringing their ultra low downforce package to Monza, first time using such elements this season and finding some design flaws. They may be able to be engineered out overnight, or we could see them not using DRS or having to use a fatter/regular rear wing which will inevitably compromise their whole weekend.

Force India looking best of the rest but that is before engines get involved, Haas seem to find alot overnight these recent races, and should it be warmer on Sunday, they could jump the pack.

Toro Rosso and Honda, again looking great in the speedtraps. Great thing about this team, you just don't know where they are going to be. Which can be a real gamble in the Fantasy Team.

Estimated tyre deltas:
• Supersoft and Soft: 0.4s/lap approx 
• Soft and Medium: 0.7s/lap approx

Pole time guess, if dry: 1:19.2

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Mercedes do not tend to hide their pace and to be honest I am not convinced we are seeing Ferraris full pace yet ( I assume I am right in thinking they are all running used engines right now?) I guess in FP3 we will see the true pace with their race engines in place and my money is on Ferrari by a country mile.

Some great battles lined up in the midfield I think 5 through 10 will be the best battles this weekend.

Expect to hear Kimi announced as a Ferrari driver for life tomorrow.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Wow 8 tenths of a second between the Ferrari's and Hamilton with Bottas ONE and HALF seconds back!!!!

Mindblowing

Well after all three sessions of practice I am where I was to start. Ferrari, OMG that engine is fantastic, I hope in time we get to learn where that speed was found. It finished up on the clock closer in my opinion than it really is. Ferrari were cruising and Mercedes were at their limits.  Mercedes only real chance lies with the weather (and not just in qualifying) or a mistake by Vettel.

I still maintain Hamilton's battle this weekend is with Raikkonen not Vettel.  I take my hat off to Hamilton he was brilliant in practice 3, a measure of a driver is often the difference between him and his team mate he was 6 tenths faster than Bottas whereas Raikkonen was just less than 2 tenths behind Vettel.

The midfield fight is where the racing is really at this weekend and that is looking really close between Red Bull, Force India, Haas and maybe even Leclerc for Sauber ( Penalties for Ericsson).

Should be amazing!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post