2018 Belgian GP

What about....

E) Enjoy a bloody good wind up....you forgot that one   Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(27-08-2018, 09:16 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  What about....

E) Enjoy a bloody good wind up....you forgot that one   Tongue

I was trying to be reasonable and sensible but now you raised the point I totally concur with you!!!!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Was at Spa, on the inside of the track wandering around the place to see the cars in a few areas. Probably the best way to do Spa.

Any way, my thoughts, Seb looked much better in the wet in Spa than he did in Hungary, where he looked poor if I'm honest. However, to me Lewis was still better, he was looking for grip in different places, but the conditions were awful. The change in weather was quick, the level of water on the track changing from one lap to the next. Must have been hard for all of them, and to keep the cars on the track deserves massive respect to all of them.

In the dry it was clear the Ferrari was quicker. Mercedes were carrying too much wing in Spa too. That was a set up error I think from them in the aero kit they brought. Having said that even if their rear wing had been skinnier the Ferrari would still have been quicker. The top speed and traction the red cars have is a clear advantage. Not massive, but clear.

As to Benson? Think the guy is a plonker, and while I get the annoyance with the "tone" Seb should have won easily in Germany and Hungary, but didn't because of a driver error at Hockenheim, and poor performance in the rain at Hungary, which wasn't down to the car as Kimi looked good in the wet... but you can read my comments on Lewis' lines in the wet in that race thread. So yeah, Seb did finally do what he should have done in Spa, and use his slightly superior top speed and traction to win... but he still had to do it, and he drove very well from my position track side. Although after the pit stops I don't think either Seb or Lewis were really pushing until the end.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post